The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 7 Things I Learned From Multi-Millionaires (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Benji, your reputation is bad enough on this site and mad generalizations just reinforce your bull oney reputation
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 12:41, Benji Bruce wrote:

Let me be more clear on this part.

Words mean different things to people.

When someone rich says, "Money doesn't bring you happiness"...they're saying just because you have money doesn't mean you will be happy.

When someone poor says, "Money doesn't bring you happiness"...they're using it as an excuse for why they don't have money.

Same words, two different meanings.

WOW Benji...you couldn't have dug yourself any deeper or come off more pretentious if you tried.

I know many 'poor' people, people with very little, people who live paycheck to paycheck...that are far happier people than many others I know. They are the same people that have found what satisfies them, what drives them etc. These are the same people that say money doesn't bring you happiness. In fact several of them were at the top of their field and doing very well financially. They gave up all that superficial crap to go find their passion.

Finding your passion is what anyone should be focused on. That may be helping others, it may be a manager at a restaurant, it may be a solid magic show, it may be 'just' making money. In fact it might even be having what others have, being who others are, being looked up to as others are. I'm not even going to say that last passion is wrong. But if that's your passion, fine...just don't be disillusioned into believing that's what everyone else's passion is.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
As Donald suggested a great book on millionaires with ACTUAL research I'd like to add that most millionaires spend 10-15 years building their wealth. The overnight millionaires (sport players, celebrities) are excluded from the average millionaire club.

Get the book Donald suggested for a true study of millionaires.

Josh
Josh
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
First let me point out that I'm not here to convince you of anything. Those are things I've learned from talking to these guys.

I've been on stage with T Harv's partner (his name is Adam) and they run a company called Peak Potentials. I've talked with Adam several times and I will be on stage with them in the future.

Adam specifically talks about how ridiculous it is to believe things like "Money doesn't grow on trees."

And if you're a member of my Steady Flow Gigs site... http://steadyflowgigs.com ...then there are a couple of interviews posted with these multimillionaires you can listen to. I will also be interviewing the guy who makes 9 figures and posting it on the Steady Flow site.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hogwash.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
With all your killer advice why are you not personally a mulit millionaire? Why do you have to tell others what you think of what rich people think? Why not become rich yourself? With all your amazing advice you should be able to do it in a couple of weeks. Just invest in yourself.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 15:13, Benji Bruce wrote:

And if you're a member of my Steady Flow Gigs site...

And there it is.

Come on Danny, ya cheapskate, for just $30/month or $250/year you could find out why it's rediculous to think money doesn't grow on trees.

Or I'll go you one better: For only $225/year I'll not only tell you that, but I'll tell what a few BILLIONAIRES have to say. And I mean real ones, like Trump, Buffet, and Gates. I'm not lying, I'll tell you their own words. And in reference to another BB thread, I'll even "read a few articles" so I'll know what I'm talking about.

And if you ACT NOW, I'll let you in on all my secrets to getting $20,000 gigs in Europe. I'll show you all the whys and how-comes I turn down more gigs than any one else in the biz because I'm too busy.

NOW BEFORE ANYONE THINKS I'M PICKING ON ANYONE: I'm telling the truth. Send me the money before Dec. 25, 2013, and once a month for the next year I'll send you everything I just said I would, PLUS some extra bonus tips!

And before anyone asks if I am one of those billionaires, I can only say that I don't know exactly how much I have in all my investments and bank accounts. But I can truthfully say that I have more money in all my holdings than probably any one of you has in your front pants pocket right now.

BUT HURRY! There's only 250,000 more spaces available in my exclusive Bazinga's Billionaire Brainstorm club.

WAIT! THERE'S MORE! Send your first yearly payment of $225 before midnight tonight and I'll show you how to put a single penny in the ground, and if you nurture it properly you'll grow your own money tree! That's right, you'll grow millions in your own backyard. Just follow the instructions exactly and if it you don't grow a money tree loaded with cash, I'll refund your penny.

Oops, HURRY! Now there's only 249,100 spaces available!

Bazinga!
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Benji did say what he has learned....

It is his prospective and not yours! But it is very close to other books and experiences I have came across.
Although he could have re-worded a few things, but if SOME of the people take even his free advise it could advance their career a bit! Smile
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
You forget, I don't come on here to prove anything Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well in a way you do Benji.

You are DESPERATELY trying to prove your opinions are of value so people buy your products. I am SHOCKED the Café' lets you do this. The way you think you manipulate the system to be able to advertise your products.

So indeed you are desperate to prove something. It shows in every single post.

I will agree you have been totally unable to do so. That is another topic.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 16:39, Benji Bruce wrote:
You forget, I don't come on here to prove anything Smile

But you obviously did come to sell memberships to your website.

Bazinga!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1830 Posts

Benji...When you state "When someone poor says, "Money doesn't bring you happiness"...they're using it as an excuse for why they don't have money." You are naive at best.

And when BrianMillerMagic thanked you for your research into how poor people & rich people view the ablove statement...It certainly shows you didn't not get the sarcasm that was dripping in his thanks.

Without opening a dictionary I implore you to define success. What is your definition of it?
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
TheGreatNorthern
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of TheGreatNorthern
Hey Bruce,

On another thread I saw you booked a $5000 gig in Florida, to me that seems too good to be true, $5000 for a magic show?

I'm, very interested in your membership site, but I have a question?

Do you really have a system in place that books you these four figure shows on a regular basis??

-Dale Cooper
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 16:36, magicofCurtis wrote:
Benji did say what he has learned....

It is his prospective and not yours! But it is very close to other books and experiences I have came across.
Although he could have re-worded a few things, but if SOME of the people take even his free advise it could advance their career a bit! Smile

To be fair, that is true, to an extent. The problem is in figuring out the good parts from the bad parts. We can all learn something from every site we see.

I've told BB before that I appreciate certain things on his sites and videos. But I can't find those pages or videos any more. He did a video about suggested books. It was good. I had about half of them and agreed on what he said about them. And I added some from his list to my library and found them to be useful too.

I also like how he is consistent in the colors of his web pages, and consistency of the layouts. Those are basic things but often overlooked by many. It shows a level of professionalism.

There are things that are turn-offs or red flags to me too. His way of selling his guru services just screams "Crapola" to me. His projection of confidence (to me) goes overboard into arrogance.

I have been accused of being jealous of BB. I assure everyone that I am not. I'm not jealous of anyone. I am completely and soley responsible for my own abilities, actions, and situation; good and bad.

And my long post above was NOT meant as a personal attack (except for the first line.) It was just a bit of sarcastic humor and I think BB probably saw it as such. If not, well, I'm sorry. It ain't the first time that happened and it won't be the last.

(I will deliver all that to anyone who does want the deal though.)

Bazinga!
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 16:57, Kevin Ridgeway wrote:
And when BrianMillerMagic thanked you for your research into how poor people & rich people view the ablove statement...It certainly shows you didn't not get the sarcasm that was dripping in his thanks.

I was being sarcastic myself
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1830 Posts

Nope...your reply were either ignorant or condescending.

P.S. I'm curious...is this how the millionaires would be spending their time? If not, seems like you better go learn more from them. If so, then please put out a course on it.
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What makes you say either or? Probably both.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 16:58, TheGreatNorthern wrote:
Hey Bruce,

On another thread I saw you booked a $5000 gig in Florida, to me that seems too good to be true, $5000 for a magic show?

I'm, very interested in your membership site, but I have a question?

Do you really have a system in place that books you these four figure shows on a regular basis??

-Dale Cooper

Dale you should stop hanging around magicians and here's why...

You become like the people you hang around and most magicians speak in terms of getting a $500 gig. But when you hang around the right people, they expand your mind. You say that it's hard to believe someone can make 5k for a show but there are TONS of guys doing exactly that (and more).

A lot of magicians say "It seems to good to be true that someone is charging X amount" and that is why they don't get that much for a show. You can't afford to think that way. It's just like what Confucius says, "Whether you believe you can or can't, you're right."

The info on Steady Flow is just that...information on business. I talk about how to get gigs, how to charge more, internet marketing stuff, interviews with other entrepreneurs, etc. Every month I post new information but I don't talk about putting it into a "system"

But I do have a system for how I book gigs...I know my business (getting the client, how I hired someone, referral gigs, taxes, etc). The system is simple, the execution is hard.

What magicians don't seem to understand is the work that goes into a business. Magicians who spend 2 hours on their business will have a hard time building it. And although I have my own system, there's a difference between knowing the information and executing it. I can easily tell someone that they have to first build a good website but that might take awhile because they need to gather the right videos, pictures, etc. So most magicians go wrong from the very beginning because they expect it to come fast (that's the problem with the get-rich-quick mentality). I have no idea how much you would make by applying my information because that part is up to you. The best I can do is tell you how I run my business.

The hardest part for magicians isn't finding the knowledge for getting gigs, it's becoming the type of person that can run a business. Instead of waking up and checking Facebook, you wake up and do the specific tasks you planned the day before for your business. The system is easy...but breaking the bad habits is hard.
ChrisC
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisC
So if you have such a great system in place that regularly books you high paying gigs why do you waste your time trying to get a few magicians to buy your information products.

I mean, coudln't you... You know, spend that time booking another gig?

I mean by the time it takes to convince ONE Café member to spend 47.77 , couldn't you just book a five figure gig??
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So obviously one of those tasks is inundating the Magic Café' with posts EVERY time you come up with something like this in a desperate attempt to be taken as the next success guru.

Chris is that type of thinking "helping magicians"?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 7 Things I Learned From Multi-Millionaires (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL