The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 7 Things I Learned From Multi-Millionaires (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
[quote]On 2013-12-05 17:38, Benji Bruce wrote:
Quote:
Confucius says, "Whether you believe you can or can't, you're right."

This is nit-picking, but it illustrates an important point. That statement is wrong. That quote is not of Confucius.

My point? If you blunder such a simple and well-known fact. How can other things you say be trusted?

Research beyond "I read a few articles" and experience beyond "I met a few millionaires" is needed BEFORE trying to sell your "knowledge" to others. When people buy from you, they are placing their career, their livelihood, and their trust in you. When you make up stuff that is clearly wrong, none of what you say can be considered to worth anything.

Sorry, but them's the facts.

Bazinga!
ChrisC
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisC
Danny-

I'm not sure who's thinking you are referring to, as it is difficult to convey meaning via the internet.

If your talking about my post then yes, IMHO choosing to focus your energy on improving your craft and business skills should take priority over selling how-to eproducts to magicians.

If your talking about Bruce Benji's then, see above.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2304 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I’d like to expand upon what Kevin Ridgeway has said about passion.

If you find your passion it doesn’t matter what you’re being paid or how much money you have, living your dream is its own reward. Interestingly enough, that very attitude usually leads to an above average pay check.

I like reading what Benji has to say. He has some good insights, but as others have pointed out, he and his millionaire friends are just as fallible and anyone else. While its interesting to investigate what makes a millionaire, many of their attitudes are not what I would attempt to emulate---for any amount of money.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 18:38, ChrisC wrote:
Danny-

I'm not sure who's thinking you are referring to, as it is difficult to convey meaning via the internet.

If your talking about my post then yes, IMHO choosing to focus your energy on improving your craft and business skills should take priority over selling how-to eproducts to magicians.

If your talking about Bruce Benji's then, see above.

I am talking of us he drones wuo inevitably show up to tell us we are too hard on the child wanna be guru who quote the Café' slogan.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
This guru is laughing all the way to the bank.

"If you got love, you don't need nothin' else!"
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
patrick1515
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of patrick1515
Anyone who reads over Benji's blog, his website or free online materials can actually gain some knowledge from his point of view. Love him or hate him, he is definately a go-getter. He may not have made his first million yet...so what...in the end I have no doubt that even if he only accomplishes half of his goals in life, he will end up well ahead of the curve. That said. Move on...life is too short and time too precious. Best wishes to all.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A go getter? Pushing his nonsense in a desperate attempt to be a guru is how you define that? Interesting.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Love Benji or Not....

He puts himself out there, while others on this forum don't even use their real name or even post their website.

Now that is a go getter and key to success. Do not allow others tell you what you can't achieve!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Did anyone tell him he can't achieve it Curtis? I don't see that anywhere.

I see people simply discussing the inconsistencies in the things Benji posts. And there are a great many of them. So are you saying that it is wrong to do that?

Is it wrong for people to try to ask questions and see what is behind the things said? Or do we just let him post and pontificate in some silly notion that that is necessary to "help" the art?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Danny,

I think people sure offer solutions instead of bxtching!

Yes, people have said he shouldn't be a guru... If he wants to share his talents that way, allow him! Instead of insulting - direct! Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nobody said he can't be one, it is just he is a very bad one.

Sorry Curtis but if he is going to pontificate about this it is not wrong to point out where he is inconsistent.

Hate to break it to you Curtis but it was Henry Ford who said the Confucius attribution Benji listed above. It is just sort of odd in a lot of ways what he wants to be, and what it turns out he really is. Is it insulting to tell him that he needs to give the right attribution for a VERY famous quote? One he is trying to inspire people with, and he BLOWS IT COMPLETELY. Go figure.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Also just to mention it. Sure inspirational sayings are just great. (Well when you attribute them to the right person that is.) BUT reality has to set in at some point. If someone thinks they can run a 1 minute mile they are just wrong. NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK you can do or can't do.

Jump out a 5th story window and think you can fly. No matter what you think, you can indeed not. When you learn that sad fact you come crashing down to earth and hard. So inspiration aside REALITY must be taken into the equation. Giving people nonsense advice (Which on the other thread Benji tells a guy who he had NO IDEA what he was charging or anything to DOUBLE what he is thinking of asking. BAD advice.) and hoping that gets them to run to the site to sign up for his guru training needs to be measured against the reality of what Benji has said and done.

Is that wrong Curtis?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 20:24, magicofCurtis wrote:
Love Benji or Not....

He puts himself out there, while others on this forum don't even use their real name or even post their website.

Now that is a go getter and key to success. Do not allow others tell you what you can't achieve!

Yep. I don't use my real name, picture, or post my website here, as with SEVERAL other professionals using the Café. If this was a private, non-Google searchable, site I'd be more inclined to do so, maybe. Believe it or not, I don't use a website to attract potential clients. I have one, but it has info for those who have already hired me. I use direct mail and word-of-mouth exclusively for marketing.

I do offer opiniions and advice when asked, and encouragement when I can, but since I'm not trying to posture myself as a guru and sell my knowledge is nearly every post (although I'll honor that previous offer if anyone really wants it Smile ) I don't feel the need to prove myself with that afore mentioned ID info.

That good enough for ya?

Bazinga!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
This is a nice gift idea for your wealthy friends, I would think.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
I just get a sickening, slimy feeling when I see this kind of stuff. I've seen the good, bad and other from Benji. In particular I saw his Magic Square and was really impressed. He took a normal routine that was rather boring and made it his own. I respect that.

Then on to stuff like this. Making statements like he does, saying he walks the walk, but then a 1 minute search of Twitter and Facebook show otherwise.

It just doesn't all add up.

If he came on here and shared some insight into making a show better and how to really build a business instead of all the "guru" talk I think a lot of people would have reacted differently.

With SO much material on how to get booked from guys like Barry Friedman, Jim Snack and more from all different industries there is nothing new with Benji's material. In fact, from what I read on a few of his posts it seems like he read some material from Joel Bauer, Brian Tracy and other business guys and summarized it and spit it out.

You want to build a business and "gain a business mindset?" Check out Jim Rohn. He is the original Business Philosopher that inspired, taught and led people like Tony Robbins, Darren Hardy, Chris Widener.

I made a goal 1 year ago this January to read 1 business/self-help book a week. I'm currently on number 54 (a little ahead of the game) and there is absolutely NOTHING Benji offers about business that hasn't been said before.

By the way, he has 1,729 twitter followers. Almost 10 less in less than 24 hours. If he doesn't pay someone from Fiverr soon he will have 150 legitimate followers in about 2 weeks.

It's stuff like the Twitter thing that really leaves a bad taste in my mouth about Benji. If he is such a great guy and learns so much from all these successful people than why do stuff like that? It's be better to grow organically and build a following the right way than that facade.

Josh
Josh
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
445 Posts

Profile of robvh
Jim Rohn was a giant who dispensed wonderful advice about business and life. He was a net contributor in this world who is greatly missed.

T. Harv Eker is a master marketer and manipulator who packs rooms full of people with dreams... and then uses hype and cult-like techniques to persuade those people to "invest" in his ridiculously overpriced seminars and coaching programs.

They're not only not on the same level. They're not even on the same planet.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Just want to clarify that I didn't intend to imply that Jim Rohn and T. Harv Eker are on the same level.

Josh
Josh
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2805 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
May be a little late to save Benji, but let me try. Smile

I believe the correct Henry Ford quote is:

"If you THINK you can do a thing or THINK you can't do a thing, you're right."

That's a bit different from what Benji said, "Whether you believe you can or can't, you're right."

No big deal it's just that I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some did credit Confucius with that quote.
He said so much that he often gets credit for things he didn't say. And too, many do repeat Confucius sayings
in a different way and they then become the credited author.

I do know confucius is sometimes credited with, “He who says he can and he who says he can’t are both usually right”

Looks to me like Benji was right or just made an honest mistake. Smile

Anyways, another good but very old book on the subject at hand is: "The Very, Very Rich and How They Got That Way" by Max Gunther
Those listed in it were worth at least 100 million dollars each back when the book was written. That amount today
would be about 5 times that.

One of the people portrayed in that book was a good friend of mine, Glenn Turner. I know for a fact that back in the 70's
he went from being dead broke to earning 300 million dollars in just a few short years. He lost most of his wealth in legal
battles later on, but many of the top self made millionaires of today owe him thanks for the lessons he taught. Most all the
success guru's have studied him to learn what not to do as well as what to do. Two things going for him that most don't
have enough of were: He had 'faith' in himself and he had a 'passion' for what he was doing. Not all the requirements but
those two things play a big part in reaching success, especially in the beginning.

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tom we can agree. It might have been an honest mistake.

But an honest mistake is owned up to and admitted to wouldn't you agree? I am willing to let it be an honest mistake.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2805 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I agree.

No big deal, I just hated to see him being credited for that mistake.

I'm sure that's his first mistake. Smile

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 7 Things I Learned From Multi-Millionaires (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL