The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Airport Security (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
What some some effects that you have in your hand-carry bag when trying to board was stopped by security at the airport?
Industrial Revelation have been discussed.
My battery operated massager U shaped neck pillow.
Dog marionette with a gun shaped controller

Let the list grow so that we can be prepared.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I got stopped because on X-Ray a purse frame positioned correctly on a jumbo coin apparently looks like a hand grenade. I was out of the country and the ordeal kind of scared me.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
This is why I do not pack my props in my carry on.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1316 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Flying across India I had my juggling balls confiscated. Also my wooden egg got picked up by X-ray. They asked what was the egg shape thing that shows a different colour to normal. But once they open it and relised ll was good I did a quick trick and was out of there.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Wow,interesting.
Visit my website
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1763 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I've been stopped a number of times because of magic props in my carry-on luggage. (I keep my props with me and check my other suitcase with clothes). One prop the customs people found most interesting was my Blooming Bouquet! But for the most part, once I've explained that they are magic props, they chuckle and let me go through. Still, I'm careful not to carry scissors, screwdriver, box cutter, Needle Thru Balloon or my Dancing Hank. Those get shipped ahead.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16365 Posts

Profile of tommy
I had a bit of cash seized once and it took them months to give it back. Apart from that I have had no problem here in the UK but I don't fly much these days.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Dancing Hanky is a no-no? wow!
I am asking because I am trying to create a one man parlour type show that requires me to travel.
I am thinking of carry ons without having to check in any bags so that I can just go straight to the door and out without having to wait for my bags at the baggage reclaim belt.
Visit my website
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
If you use common sense and avoid items that look like banned items, you shouldn't have any trouble. As a hobbiest, I have a lot of effects of varying types and have taken just about all of them at some point through airport security. Mostly if they ask about something, when explained, they just smile and say ok.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Airport Security (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL