The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » What do you think about the audience staying connected? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
My act is a commercial.
Michael Kamen
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakland, CA
1315 Posts

Profile of Michael Kamen
In other words, the message is not the magic?

I probably would not go if that is the case.
Michael Kamen
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
It is a commercial for me. The message is the magic. The things we sell are actually memorabilia of the show. When we "sell" Pop Haydn's Amazing Miracle Oil, or Pop Haydn's Magnetized Water, we are actually marketing the show.

It enables us to promote ourselves with demonstrations and comedic pitches that are entertaining in themselves, as well as supporting the storyline of our production.

When I pitch Magnetized Water, it is not a break in the show, it is the show. It is a magic routine.

I know that this is not a direction that most of you would choose. I don't think this is the only way to go. It is the way I have chosen. I think it is going to be worthwhile and fun.

I thought some of you would want to discuss all the possibilities that new technology and the internet bring to live performance. It remains to be seen whether this approach will be workable, but I think it has exciting possibilities.

I have grown tired of hearing magicians complain about and lecture their audiences about something that I think is going to be unstoppable.

The audiences of the future will be online in your shows with Google glasses, implants or something. It is the world in which we will have to find a way to be relevant.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I was just looking at a book on old paintings and therein is a picture of a theatre circa 1756 with people chatting away in the theatre boxes as the show goes on. There is a comment on it which reads;

“And as for chatterboxes, the concerts seemed far less important than the chance to gossip!”

Chatterboxes eh. The more things change the more they stay the same, as they say.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » What do you think about the audience staying connected? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL