The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guitar player (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5156 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-12-08 11:01, Slide wrote:
Here is a track of me playing and singing an old Lucinda Williams tune: https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCloskeysM......91127385

I'm playing the electric my cousin Tommy Patton built.

Nice!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-12-08 11:01, Slide wrote:
Here is a track of me playing and singing an old Lucinda Williams tune: https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCloskeysM......91127385

I'm playing the electric my cousin Tommy Patton built.

Very nice Slide. Thanks.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1763 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
In the late 1970's into the '80's, I developed a unique open tuning by removing the top E string, and using an open A tuning (from bottom to top): E, A, E, A, C#. I don't use it any more, but it's an interesting tuning to experiment with. Allows you to voice open 5ths without the usual "bar chord" finger positions.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
Topic after my own heart! I'm a Gibson kinda guy. I just got a Les Paul Standard and I also got a firebird and an SG. Unfortunately the head snapped off the SG so I gotta get that repaired sometime soon I think when I do I might get the tech to put a pair of good plated p90's in it. Besides that I play through a Marshall JCM900 head with the standard 1960 412 cabinet. I use a fender baseman pedal Jim Dunlop 5330' wah pedal. A few other things as well but
I'd be writing forever. Mainly I play punk Celtic rockabilly and soul but there's lots of stuff I like playing.'thanks for the topic!
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Thanks Landmark and Magnus.
Kaneda
View Profile
New user
Keithville, LA
81 Posts

Profile of Kaneda
I play~ I own 16 guitars in total and have access to many more. My grandfather played on the Louisiana Hayride as a stage musician and I inherited a lot of them. Not gonna list them all but my favorite which was own by my grandfather and passed down was a blonde Gibson ES-350T. I play all kinds of music from country, rock, blues to jazz.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
14 years in playing the guitar. I'm a gear nut, own many amps and guitars. I play mostly metal/hard rock but love blues, classick rock and jazz.
Here's a list of my "kids"
1967 Gibson sg
1936-37 Gibson E-150 (aluminum, only 96 made with most melted down for the war)
PRS 7 string
LTD EC-1000 deluxe model
LTD F400FM
Dean Hardtail
Washburn original dimslime dime model
Ibanez S-series
Takamine accustic
Jackson randy Rhodes model

Current amp is a Mesa dual rec going into a orange 4x12 and a kemper profiling amp going through a powered monitor. Also, a framus cobra that I run through a Mesa oversized 4x12. I really only play the 7 string these days and plan on getting a black machine 7 or mayones 7

Darren m/ m/
Twitter @darjames
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9634 Posts

Profile of funsway
My wife prefers here 1967 Martin 12 string, but for Modal Tuning just had an incredible 6 string guitar made special by Johny Rushing. She highly recommends him to anyone looking for a custom guitar or repair of a Martin.

For occasional electric she uses an old Parker with dual outputs
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I've got guitars and banjos. I play them. I don't really care what they are. Some are nice, some are not. If they work for me, they work for me.

I'm much more concerned about the brand of pencils I use than the guitars I play.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guitar player (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL