The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SansMinds Sharpie (DVD and Gimmick) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Look's cool.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Meh. I think I will stick to slipNslide by JM. I just don't draw on my spectators so yeah..... Cool idea though.

-Bobby
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
892 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Reminded me of Exile.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2380 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
This coukd be really cool.
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of SociallyAwkwardPenguin
Looks quite nice.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3687 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I wonder how long the sharpie will last and about replacements/refills. The fact that it is self-contained in the sharpie is very good.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
http://store.theory11.com/products/exile

Looks like the same method as Exile but with the "X" ending up on your own hand at the end.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I would think its stronger to end with the the drawing permanently on the spectator.
so if they included a way to secretly stamp a heart shape or some other item that would be great.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
892 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 00:23, Chad Sanborn wrote:
I would think its stronger to end with the the drawing permanently on the spectator.
so if they included a way to secretly stamp a heart shape or some other item that would be great.

That would be Exile Smile
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
I think compare to exile, this one would require less items to be carried around? not sure in the video of sansminds sharpie you only need to carry the sharpie, whilst exile there is more stuff that requires to be carried around? I don't own both, so pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Anything is Possible
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
The ad says : or another area of the spectator's body.

Quote:
On 2013-12-10 03:12, David Klass wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 00:23, Chad Sanborn wrote:

That would be Exile Smile
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1597 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
If the spectator is sweaty, I would assume you would not be able to use this, meaning it's no good when it's really hot outside. Just an assumption.

By the way, the EFFECT is similar to Exile, but Exile used chemicals and was far from being as practical as this is.
2012multimagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of 2012multimagic
This does look awesome.. getting mine tomorrow , totally agree with you CHAD SANBORN ..i can’t see it being an issue stamping the “mark” on a spec.. even if not explained in DVD.. there are plenty of methods to do so.. the old EXILE for example.. I think NOTE has methods too... Smile
hey guys !!!... looking forward to joining this community.. some WILL hate me.. some MAY love me ... enjoy !!!...

www.youtube.com/2012multimagic
www.twitter.com/2014multumagic
www.instagram.com/illusions2015
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of indomagic
It seems this effect similar to Magic Doodle Pen, only it's using Sharpie.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
And also Magic doodle pen does not work, so there is that difference.
James

Quote:
On 2013-12-11 23:33, indomagic wrote:
It seems this effect similar to Magic Doodle Pen, only it's using Sharpie.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of drjohn
I have the magic doodle pen, and it seems to work fine? BUT its obviously not a permanent marker from the spectators perspective....love the idea of having it in a sharpie but seems super expensive for what it is?....I do think some products are seriously over priced?
May your darkness come quickly
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of drjohn
£9.58 for magic doodle pen.....£23.75 for sans sharpie??? so £14 just to put it into a sharpie case?? crazy??
May your darkness come quickly
TheHbomb
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of TheHbomb
But at the same time, the fact that it's a Sharpie and not some random marker is critical to the trick in my opinion. That's like asking, "why do my spectators always want to examine my coins when I take out my Morgan dollars?" Because they have never seen them before so they have no notion of what they are like. I think the sansminds sharpie is worth it because it's an object they have seen/used before so they assume it works one way when actually we use it another. A random marker just doesn't have the conviction because it looks like some random non-permanent marker, and that conviction is necessary to achieve the desired effect.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I live in Taiwan and I suppose it is too humid and hot here for my magic doodle pen. As soon as you write with it, it just vanishes.
James

Quote:
On 2013-12-12 04:52, drjohn wrote:
I have the magic doodle pen, and it seems to work fine? BUT its obviously not a permanent marker from the spectators perspective....love the idea of having it in a sharpie but seems super expensive for what it is?....I do think some products are seriously over priced?
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SansMinds Sharpie (DVD and Gimmick) (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL