The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » * * Seeking Advice from veteran Cups and Balls Practitioners * * (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
ALSO - USE SMALLER FINAL LOADS. Size does not matter as much as CHANGE. Ken Brooke theory. He is right.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I myself would experiment with John Cornelious' jacket top-it modification that allows you to put your hand in your outside jacket pocket and be able to remove a load from the top-it (this is in his FISM act VHS available on DVD). Thus you are not holding fruit in your pocket, they are in your top-it where they are less noticeable and more comfortable. This jacket modification would be easier and more useful than larger pockets, as you could use it for other tricks even.

I myself wouldn't give up on the idea of a pouch, although I wouldn't use a buskers pouch ... I would look for some type of "apron", either a "Tim the Toolman" style pouch or perhaps some comedy with a girly cooking apron which could be tied in with fruit loads. Something I could use for character development and plot line. Like telling people this is my "bag of tricks" (think Felix the cat).

If I myself were to go the pouch route, I would first make a production of removing my jacket to "prove there is nothing up my sleeves" and then introduce the pouch. After putting the pouch on, remove the cups and balls from the pouch: the act of removing the cups from the pouch gives the pouch purpose and creates the impression the pouch is empty (having the right sized pouch is obviously the idea here, one that looks only big enough to hold the cups and nothing else). A small fanny pack does this naturally - I can hold four lemons and my cups in a fanny pack that looks only big enough to hold the cups (it can actually hold more, I only need four).

Some of my thoughts, hopefully someone will be able to use something here. Smile

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » * * Seeking Advice from veteran Cups and Balls Practitioners * * (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL