The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Williamson Ridiculous 4 DVD set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
David Williamson is a phenomenon!

An award-winning performer, amazing sleight of hand artist and superb entertainer. His unique style helped change the way we perform magic. And now he shares the routines that built a career, won praise from fellow performers and the applause of the audience. All gathered together in a 4 DVD boxed set.

DISC 1 – PROFESSIONAL SHOW

Shot in Lisbon the live show features classic Williamson routines: The Needle Trick, Ring and Rope, Torn & Restored Card, Card in Mouth, Rocky Raccoon, Aunt Mary’s Terrible Secret, Funner Color Stunner and the Cups and Balls. All explained in full detail together with advice on performance that turns tricks into theatre.

DISC 2 – CARD WORK

David Williamson is renowned as one of the world’s finest sleight of hand artists. Here he explains some of his favourite card routines: He Who Spelt It Dealt It, Roger Smith’s Texas Trick, Terry Hampton’s Sleeve Aces, Fortes’ Springing the Aces, Cocktail Dazzler, Interlace Swindle, Liar’s Poker and many more. First class magic from a true card artist.

DISC 3 – NON CARD WORK

More classic close up effects with the Williamson treatment. Gypsy Thread, Wishing Well, Floating Matrix, Chick a Chink, Coin in Bottle, Pencil Through Coin, Spoon Bending, Saline Solution and more. Every trick performed and explained together with the latest tips and touches.

DISC 4 – MOVES & CONFESSIONS

This is a master class in card handling. The sleights and moves that form the backbone of David’s card magic. Learn them well and you’ll have an armoury of sleights at your disposal. The Change, Pass Palm, Classic Force, Second Deal, Bottom Deal, Double Lift, Diagonal Palm Shift, False Shuffles, Holding Out, Pinky Count and Palming. Also featured on this disc Confessions. David Williamson reveals the real secrets of magic, what it means to be a magician and how to be the very best magician you can.

The DVDs include an extensive interview with David Williamson about his life, his magic and his career as a performer. Plus more Extras: The Striking Vanish and Vanishing Knife.
Ridiculous is an English language production. Four DVD Box Set. Subtitled in 4 languages. English, Spanish, French and Japanese. Total Running Time: 10 Hours. Shot in HD in Portugal by Luis de Matos Productions.

WHAT THE GREATEST ARE SAYING…

BILL MALONE

David Williamson is a hilarious, entertaining and one-of-a-kind performer!

Not only my favorite magician to watch but his ideas, teaching abilities and skill level are just as amazing!

An investment in magic you can't afford to pass up!

TOM Mullica

I think it's RIDICULOUS that this material is available for the fraternity. It's RIDICULOUS how talented David is, it's also RIDICULOUS that he's willing to share this treasure of material with his friends in magic. David Williamson is very serious with his comedy and we all love him for his dedication to the art.

2. Where are the Duke Sterns, Karrell Foxes and Jay Marshalls of today... they all live in the fertile creative mind of David Williamson. I am so proud to have him as a friend, especially knowing I influenced his 'style' of entertainment. We all benefit from the genius of David's talent. Don't miss out on this truly extraordinary gift of sharing.

3. All great comedy magicians are true artists...they have studied for years to find out what works and why. While you're laughing and being entertained by someone 'special' like Dave Williamson, you are being fooled as much as a lay person. What a treat to have David Williamson as one of us.

4. David Williamson is a humble guy, he does what he does because it makes him happy. He doesn't care about being famous, he just wants you to be part of his world of laughter. If he wasn't a magician, he'd be a jazz musician because he can jam with the best. RIDICULOUS is exactly how he works but LIKE ABILITY is why he's so successful!

5. David Williamson SUCKS!

DEREK DELGAUDIO

David Williamson is an utter failure. He has spent his entire life trying to convince others that he’s not a genius. He's not fooling anyone.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
This will be a great set of dvds to own as David Williamson is fantastic.

BUT I think all of the routines are on other dvds that he has had out & I have them ALL.

However,he is a one of a kind perfomer so will most likely take the plunge.

Mike Donoghue
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
I was hoping to see some of his take on family shows. It seems most of that material was on the penguin lecture. But I'm sure this will be great, he is an awesome performer.
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
When can we get it?
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Essential Magic Collection says they are offering free worldwide shipping for the next few days and that the product will ship on December 20th.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
December issue of Genii features David Williamson.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
John McDonald
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, England, UK
171 Posts

Profile of John McDonald
Pre-order is in. David Williamson has it all. The quote by Derek Delgaudio is clever Smile can't wait to spend 10 hours with a true living legend Smile
Best wishes John
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
I'll be at magi-fest I'm assuming I can get it then
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Well, needle routine and his card to mouth are unpublished as far as I know. Needle routine could be worth of the set from what I have seen and considering how high some versions sell. But I do agree that it would have been great to see his cruise ship show he talks about in penguin lecture.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
David Williamson is a living legend of magic, enough said.

If only a DVD set or anything in magic you can get this year, this is it. I do not want to put any additional praise to Dave. Just do yourself a favor to get this DVD set.

The time spent with him simply gave me some of the most important lesson not only magic, being a person as well. Funny moments like we watched formula car race at the hair pin corner as he mentioned in Penguin Live, plus doing card tricks for TV outdoors with snow...

Dave changed my life entirely. Then I moved forward. Although I am a great admirer and believer in Spanish School, I am sure that Dave's lessons have the same quality and importance in my mind forever. Both made me understand what is good magic, close up magic & card magic in particular, along with other giants' shoulder stood under.

Thanks Dave.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Anyone know what the many more routines are?????
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
This is a must, must buy for every serious magician.

This set is not about the tricks. Imo, the biggest lesson you can learn from David, is that its all about you as a performer. The tricks comes second
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I think David changes everyones life who sees him because he is so funny, amazing, likeable, skillfull and a joy to see. |He is a master entertainer and that is what master entertainers(singers, actors, comedians)do. Anyone seeing him lecture or watching any of his many dvd releases experiences this.

However, to say that David teaches us how to be a person is a really funny statement. I think he will laugh if he reads the post. All of us know how to be a person as we have been one all of our lives.

I am a mega Williamson fan but would like to know what new effects are on the DVDS.

Mike Donoghue
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Who wrote anything about David teaching us how to be as a person?
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Magic is all about presenting YOU , and David is an absolute master at that. Taking effects that presents him the best.

That is what hat we all could learn from
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
People might be mistaking "person" as being themselves when actually the word is being referred to as "character".
person- a character or part in or as if in a play

Another word that could be used is guise;
: one of several or many different ways in which something is seen, experienced, or produced
: a way of seeming or looking that is not true or real
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Believing
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Believing
Does anyone know when the DVDs are going to be shipped?
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
According to information on the Penguin Magic site IT'S NOW SHIPPING! However it depends on where you bought the set from. I pre=ordered from Luis De Matos but have received no notification of shipping as of today!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Yeah same here, I pre ordered in the hope this would of been sent the 20th but still not sent? Not happy!!!!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We have not made this available yet as we were unable to get a firm delivery date, as soon as we have one we will, it should be a great release.

Hopefully not long now.

We have it listed with free UK shipping http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/r......tos.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Williamson Ridiculous 4 DVD set (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL