The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Uruguay legalizes marijuana use (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..22~23~24 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-12-19 15:20, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-19 15:14, mastermindreader wrote:
Aces-

There you go with the straw man attacks again. Iven didn't say ANYTHING even remotely resembling what you wrote.

Why don't you respond to what people actually say rather than distorting it beyond recognition? THAT's what's sick. Smile

What am I missing here? This is right from his post: "is used for medicine, recreation and to stimulate creative thought and after a hard day at work, provides safe relaxation".

It lowers inhibitions and makes one lethargic in other words lazy. One just does not care and if one needs it daily to function, well I call that addiction.

The fact that you don't see what your missing - i.e. the simple fact that you mis-characterized everything he wrote - is what's really disturbing.

Here's exactly what you are doing:

Assume he wrote, "It's nice to sit back and have a drink after a hard day at work."

And I answered."What's nice about shriveling your brain cells with booze, puking on your shoes and getting stupid? That's sick."

Get it?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Living the dream eh

Business own all the big media companies. He who pays the piper call the tune. The tune Business called in the 1960s was Nothing is Real. The Beatles among others played the tune.

Drugs was just part and parcel of the Nothing is Real persuasion. The public now buys dreams more than any time before. Dreams which are not real, are connected to products. The connection between dreams and products is not exactly new to business. Everything is labels today and all that.

I have noticed that some love their drug. I guess they get upset when someone says somthing bad about the one they love.

Who is she?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOb1lRnMRA
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
316 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
Quote:
On 2013-12-19 15:37, longhaired1 wrote:
In my opinion, no. He wasn't saying that.

Again, trying to connect this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

with the following:

Quote:
On 2013-12-19 15:42, acesover wrote:
OK lets just address hit post. You tell me what this means. stimulate creative thought and after a hard day at work, provides safe relaxation".

Are you saying it does not alter reality? Are you saying because you forget about your problems that is a good thing? Just tel lme what you mean if you feel this is a good thing. It helps you relax because it makes you forget about your REAL WORLD PROBLEMS...and no matter how you look at that, IT IS NOT A GOOD THING OR SOLUTION.

Probably be best if we just debate what is actually being said. Much more efficient that way.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes they often start with “it seems that you” by which I think they mean it is some “feeling”, that they have had, about something, which you may, or may not have said. A feeling, of pleasure or regret, connected to nothing real, within the measure of a thread. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Tommy, you're slurring your words now. Straighten up!
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 09:45, Slide wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if people restricted their comments to things they actually knew something about? but then again, there would probably be no conversations. Smile

There it is. The most intelligent thing ever said, on any forum, anywhere.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
On 2013-12-13 09:45, Slide wrote:
"Wouldn't it be great if people restricted their comments to things they actually knew something about? but then again, there would probably be no conversations."

As it say's in Desiderata "Listen to the dull and ignorant, they too have their story".

I would change Slide's statement to: Wouldn't it be great if people could disagree with respect and consideration. And listen fully to what one has to say, before speaking themselves (and not raise voices).

On the Marijuana issue, there is plenty of misinformation and bias from all sides, whether one is pro or con. I am biased to a point but I do my best to stick to the facts as I understand them and I try to listen to those who don't think or feel the way I do. I am not always right but then again, I am not always wrong.

I wonder how many here can admit that they too are biased on many subjects? Being biased is not inherently bad unless one uses it as a weapon to try to win an argument (a poor weapon at that).

Tommy, can you admit to being bias? Can you also admit that you really don't know much about Marijuana? Not knowing a subject is not a bad thing but please do a little homework first, then make your points. This goes for me as well and other's, not just Tommy.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2013-12-19 15:42, acesover wrote:

Are you saying it does not alter reality? Are you saying because you forget about your problems that is a good thing? Just tel lme what you mean if you feel this is a good thing. It helps you relax because it makes you forget about your REAL WORLD PROBLEMS...and no matter how you look at that, IT IS NOT A GOOD THING OR SOLUTION.

It releives stress. What's wrong with that? It doesn't make you forget problems but it can put them in perspective. Can you honestly say you've never had a drink to help your mood? Plus you're forgetting that we don't all smoke it to forget. That's just one of it's many uses.

Your opinion of us potheads is very low. And completely wrong. In your mind none of us have jobs, can't be bothered to get out of bed and have problematic lives that we don't deal with. And are you any better off in life than us? I doubt it.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Ivan

I have have no idea what you about talking Ivan. When you accuse me of things, kindly be specific. Use the quote button etcetera.

Lets start with the “stats” that you claim I make up. What stats exactly are talking about?

Next kindly quote what you construed as insults by me.

This latest allegation of yours above about me being bias, is meaningless, to me. That is to say I do not know how I can admit or deny the charge. Are you saying because I own a bar then I have a vested interest this matter of pot being legalised or what?

And what does “much” mean when you say I don't know “much” about Marijuana?
It seems to imply that you think I said something factually wrong about Marijuana? What exactly has lead you to say that I don't know much about it? Be specific about please.

Just claiming there is misinformation means nothing without you pointing out exactly what it is you mean. Give some reference to things. I am not a mind reader.

My eyes are not too good. If you can't understand anything I have said. I will try to say it another way.

Tommy
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-12-19 15:06, acesover wrote:
Do you mean to tell me, that you feel that if you have problems whether financial or otherwise that you feel by indulging in some pot daily which makes you forget all of these worries that is OK?

Uhh, yeah!

Quote:
Even those problems still exist but you just don't fu___g care.

Exactly! Smile

Quote:
I feel you are not really thinking this through or you just don't fu____g care.

I just don't fu____g care! Bingo! You're getting it now! Smile

Quote:
Just put everyone in a state of euphoria and let it hit the fan. They will just sit there and say this is good sh_t and smile as they inhale and hold it in as long as possible.

And you have a problem with this?? I rather like it. Works for me! Smile

Doug
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
And when they have you all working like a slave, or doing whatever it is for them they want, you will be happy. And all the potheads lived happily ever after.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Nah, I'll go off an' 'ave a pint or two--that'll show 'em!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 18:14, tommy wrote:
And all the potheads lived happily ever after.

What a nice thought! A silver lining emerges...
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
How many times have we heard "I drink to forget."

I know of a lot of great creative material that was produced while the artists were indulging in a bit of weed. I know of none created in a state of drunken stupor.

Weed makes you mellow. Booze makes you stupid.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I just with the USA would legalize marijuana use for all (over 21)...
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Those times are coming...step by step...hang in there.

The electronic Vape Pens will soon have cartridges with the THC removed, and only CBD and CBN as ingredients. That means those particular cartridges will NOT be illegal, that ill people will be able to have them and use them without getting the THC brain-buzz that seems to upset the government so much.

Step by step The Age of Stupidity vanishes like smoke in the wind.

Personally, I think Obama will do something fairly dramatic on the subject before he leaves office, while he can't be sandbagged by opposition. He promised, tried, was blocked, backed off...but I'm thinking he'll do one last flourish to help the situation before going out. It would help history rewrite his legacy. Presidential Pardon for multi-thousands of weed-criminals would seem perfect, but probably too much to hope for.

But hang in there, Dougini, we ARE winning this one. I have relatives in their mid 90's who would benefit greatly by some Indica, and a few who could use some Sativas in their days. There'll be the day when cannabis will be available to all in nursing homes, assisted care facilities, etc... and everyone will wonder why we had been so stupid for so long as to outlaw People-nip.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 18:14, tommy wrote:

And when they have you all working like a slave, or doing whatever it is for them they want, you will be happy. And all the potheads lived happily ever after.

As I see it, you're implying that anyone who EVER uses marijuana will end up a hopeless pothead. By that theory, since alcohol is legal, anybody who ever has a beer is going to end up on the Bowery drinking Night Train.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
"As I see it" "you're implying" "It seems"

LOL

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 11:15, landmark wrote:
Pretty interesting experiment. I wonder what the international repercussions will be?

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/12/11-7

The government there with the approval of the public are in fact "the first country to legalize and regulate the production, distribution, sale and use of marijuana." Marijuana is in fact a recreational drug that creates a distortion of reality. That is a dangerous precedent, for with that power other governments internationally if the pretty interesting experiment is adopted could issue any like drug. Huxley pointed out all the dangers in authorities doing just that. If you can't understand what Huxley said nor any that then I am sorry but I can't help you any further. You can carry on now, with your implying, seems and dreams.

Tommy
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
We have Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and next week Green Wednesday! I can't wait to see how it all plays out in Colorado January 1st.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Uruguay legalizes marijuana use (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL