We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Uruguay legalizes marijuana use (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
There are none so Flat as them that buy what the Sharp is selling and there are none so Sharp as the Rockefeller. Well in any case now we have done our bit to sharpen the flats we shale now let the dull, which remain, bury the dull and so we bid you all adieu.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
"The Rockefeller?" Which one is that? I thought it was the Soros. But it also seems to be the Ron Paul.
If you're having problems with sharps and flats, I recommend this fine book by Maskelyne:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/41169

That, or buy a tuning fork because you clearly don't have an ear for rational and mature policy debates.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
PS

The people who are eligible, the people who are the adults, eligible to buy Marijuana on a legal market, will no doubt buy and sell it, at a profit, to the people, the people who are the ineligible, the people who are the children.. The children will think nothing wrong to it, as they will follow their elders example. They shall go on to the end. They shall smoke it in France, they shall smoke it on the seas and oceans, they shall smoke with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, they shall their defend their Marijuana, whatever the cost may be. They shall smoke on the beaches, they shall smoke on the landing grounds, they shall smoke in the fields and in the streets, they shall smoke in the hills; They shall never be a full shilling.

The clue to what Rockefeller might be in this report somewhere.

The government got help from a national TV campaign and other lobbying efforts supporting by billionaire currency speculator and philanthropist George Soros and his Open Society Foundation and Drug Policy Alliance. In September, Mujica met with Soros and billionaire David Rockefeller in New York to explain his legal-market plan.
These deep-pocketed connections drew criticism from the president's opponents.
"I would say to Mr. Soros, to Mr. Rockefeller, and to the president of the republic that you don't experiment with the Uruguayans. We are not guinea pigs," Colorado Party Sen. Pedro Bordaberry said Tuesday.
Hannah Hetzer, a lobbyist for the Alliance who moved to Montevideo for the campaign, watched closely from the Senate gallery.

http://world.time.com/2013/12/10/uruguay......gal-pot/

Etc
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Yes. That's right. Soros is a supporter of rational marijuana laws. And he supports things he believes in with donations, unlike the Koch brothers who routinely pay for false and misleading studies in order to deceive their own base.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes Yes. That's right. You thought wrong.

"The Rockefeller?" Which one is that? I thought it was the Soros.

Here what is he saying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBYVxujobCI

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

What's right, Tommy? It was stated earlier that Soros is running some kind of behind the scenes control of world governments as well as the Democratic party. That's BS.

But we're never going to agree or convince one another. So why do we bother trying?

Have a Happy New Year, though, my friend. I really do enjoy our back-and-forths.

Bob
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
I was never after convincing you or any pot adult smokers Bob. I was simply warning the children here about down sides of it and so on. I hope it works out the way you think it will and I really don't care if have a smoke. I might even have one with you but I will not play poker when I am stoned or drunk. Especially with a mind reader like you. Smile Happy New Year to you Bob and I really mean that.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
But if the adults play poker, the children will think that nothing is wrong with it, and they'll follow in their elders' footsteps, and they too will play poker, and lives will be ruined by compulsive gambling. They will gamble on to the end. They will gamble in France, they will gamble on the seas and oceans in cruise ships and riverboats, they shall gamble with growing confidence...
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
That is true and now we must go and encourage some more suckers. And what is that which we call a sucker? On notion of the naivete of the baby not yet weaned.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
One man's liberty is another man's vice.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Take Liberty Valance. Case in point!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile

Lee Marvin fan eh There is something I loved about him. Hell in the Pacific was great, with just two actors.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-01 16:29, tommy wrote:
I was never after convincing you or any pot adult smokers Bob. I was simply warning the children here about down sides of it and so on. I hope it works out the way you think it will and I really don't care if have a smoke. I might even have one with you but I will not play poker when I am stoned or drunk. Especially with a mind reader like you. Smile Happy New Year to you Bob and I really mean that.

Likewise. I really meant it too. I know we'd get along great in real life and I honestly can't say that about everyone here.

Here's a secret I'll bet you didn't know- I haven't actually smoked pot in decades. It makes me cough uncontrollably. But I have no problem with legalization and any other steps we can take to end the inane "war on drugs." which hasn't even made a dent in the problem of substance abuse.

ODD TOPIC DIVERSION IN HONOR OF THE HOLIDAY AND OUR MUTUAL GOOD WISHES:

But talking about gambling, I have a funny but true story about the time nearly thirty years ago when two biker acquaintances asked me to show them how to cheat at Seven Card Stud in a Deadwood, South Dakota while we were there for the annual bike rally in Stugis. The establishment was right across the street from where Nuttall & Mann's Number 10 Saloon once stood and in which, a hundred and fourteen years before, Jack McCall shot Wild Bill Hickok in the back of the head as he played a poker variant known as "Seven Up."

Given the location and the surly crowd of modern day cowboys, the plan seemed more like an appropriate homage than a crime.

It didn't work out exactly as we planned, and I later told both of them not to quit their day jobs. (Which, as it turns out- but I didn't know it at the time- was stealing and reselling motorcycles.) There was also an interesting appearance by a man once considered to be one of the fastest quick draw artists alive in modern and the demonstrations he did for us while he was stone cold drunk. If you remember Lee Marvin as Kid Sheleen in Cat Ballou you'll have a pretty good idea of what happened. You would never have dreamed he was a drunk unless you saw him when he wasn't drinking.

If I can find that story telling thread, I'll put it up there if any one is interested. I've been thinking about writing it for quite some time for a book I'm writing about some of the odd adventures I've had since I abandoned the workaday world and hit the road as a performer. (There are more than a few stories that are best left untold until all of the major characters are dead. Smile)
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 19:12, tommy wrote:
:)

Lee Marvin fan eh There is something I loved about him. Hell in the Pacific was great, with just two actors.

Did you see him in Point Blank?

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Pardon all of the typos and odd sentences in the above preview of my Deadwood Story. That's what happens when you keep typing for two days without sleeping.

Most blatantly, the sentence in the middle should read, "...a man once considered to be one of the fastest quick draw artists alive and the demonstrations he did for us while he was stone cold drunk."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:

Yes, it was. I also especially liked him in Ship of Fools, The Dirty Dozen and The Big Red One. But he was also brilliant as the partially scalped Tully Crow in The Comancheros with John Wayne.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks Bob

I have just heard just some sad news from Jason England that his buddy Rod the Hop RIP has died today.
Maybe some of you fellows knew him. It all seems triffle at the moment.

Yes Point Blank, yes I think I have seen then all, kinda grew up with him, watching his films I mean.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-01 19:48, tommy wrote:
Thanks Bob

I have just heard just some sad news from Jason England that his buddy Rod the Hop RIP has died today.
Maybe some of you fellows knew him. It all seems triffle at the moment.

Yes Point Blank, yes I think I have seen then all, kinda grew up with him, watching his films I mean.

Didn't know Rod personally, but I'd heard stories about him.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 19:32, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:

Yes, it was. I also especially liked him in Ship of Fools, The Dirty Dozen and The Big Red One. But he was also brilliant as the partially scalped Tully Crow in The Comancheros with John Wayne.

Why don't we just agree that there's not a lot out there that he's done that he WASN'T great in and let it go at that?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-02 00:02, ed rhodes wrote:

Why don't we just agree that there's not a lot out there that he's done that he WASN'T great in and let it go at that?

Why? So we can go back to calling each other names in our circular and pointless argument about pot laws in Uruguay that was just beginning to become another soon-to-be-deleted bout of politically based name calling?

In an attempt to squeeze one more day of Good Will out of the holiday season, we sort of derailed that on purpose. Lee Marvin is more interesting, don't you think?

A lot of people forget that once had a hit record with Wandering Star, from the film version of Paint Your Wagon. (Yes, believe it or not, his version of the song actually charted! Many people loved it despite the fact that he couldn't sing.)

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTymtAbaG08
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Uruguay legalizes marijuana use (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL