We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Uruguay legalizes marijuana use (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5042 Posts

Profile of landmark
IIRC he had a television show--Lawman or something like that.

Liked him in The Dirty Dozen.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Cool! He had a good poker face. He kinda made some law also the "palimony" law.”.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2014-01-02 08:21, landmark wrote:
IIRC he had a television show--Lawman or something like that.

Liked him in The Dirty Dozen.

I think you might mean "M Squad" - although it might have been called "Lawman" somewhere else.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050035/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 19:18, mastermindreader wrote:

If I can find that story telling thread, I'll put it up there if any one is interested. I've been thinking about writing it for quite some time for a book I'm writing about some of the odd adventures I've had since I abandoned the workaday world and hit the road as a performer. (There are more than a few stories that are best left untold until all of the major characters are dead. Smile)

Bob, post your story on that story telling thread. It's a good one! Here, I'll make it easy for you to find. Smile

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=32&206
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
+1, Bob. I would love to read your story, and that's the place to post it!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I will do that, Bob. I've contacted a few other people who were there at the time to make sure I get all the details right, because a lot of things were going on at the same time, both inside the saloon and outside in a corral-style open air bar.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 15:13, tommy wrote:
PS

The people who are eligible, the people who are the adults, eligible to buy Marijuana on a legal market, will no doubt buy and sell it, at a profit, to the people, the people who are the ineligible, the people who are the children.. The children will think nothing wrong to it, as they will follow their elders example. They shall go on to the end. They shall smoke it in France, they shall smoke it on the seas and oceans, they shall smoke with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, they shall their defend their Marijuana, whatever the cost may be. They shall smoke on the beaches, they shall smoke on the landing grounds, they shall smoke in the fields and in the streets, they shall smoke in the hills; They shall never be a full shilling.

People have been doing that with alcohol and cigarettes for years. Doesn't make the continued illgality (sp) of marijuana any more right.
Ain't life unkind?"
longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
315 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 15:13, tommy wrote:
PS

The people who are eligible, the people who are the adults, eligible to buy Marijuana on a legal market, will no doubt buy and sell it, at a profit, to the people, the people who are the ineligible, the people who are the children.. The children will think nothing wrong to it, as they will follow their elders example. They shall go on to the end. They shall smoke it in France, they shall smoke it on the seas and oceans, they shall smoke with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, they shall their defend their Marijuana, whatever the cost may be. They shall smoke on the beaches, they shall smoke on the landing grounds, they shall smoke in the fields and in the streets, they shall smoke in the hills; They shall never be a full shilling.

Now that "the children" has been invoked it's time to shoot this thread in the head.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Actually, it seems to me, there some connotations of the elite in the movie Point Blank. That is to say, the elite transform themselves, or the family, so to speak, over time, from robber barons etcetera, to legitimate business in appearance. When one is in prison doing time smoking pot and all that, nothing changes in there, as it's the same routine day in and day out. One thus gets the notion that nothing is changing outside because one can't see it. When one comes out. then one expects things to be as they were when one went in. Point Blank is such a story but condensed. These bankers they do have a history you know. Look at the history of paper money itself. When one looks back one finds it was a con in the first place; It comes from the goldsmiths issuing fake receipts. The bankers come from the old goldsmiths. If you want to understand go back and look at the under-stand, the foundations. Mark my words; The Corleone family will be legitimate within five years and in the marijuana business, Or the psychedelic drug business, which by then should be legal, to meet with the demands for equal rights of the ravers.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 18:48, longhaired1 wrote:
Now that "the children" has been invoked it's time to shoot this thread in the head.

That's the argument that seems to be made every time this subject is brought up. "The Children". Well, I don't have kids. I ain't around kids that much (Thank God!). So, I don't give a .damn. If parents can't control what their kids do...it ain't MY problem.

What these people don't realize is for these kids today...pot ain't strong enough! Even Dabs don't cut it! So, they find 25i and Molly, and God knows what else! Where is the outrage?

No...pick on pot. We'll just smile at ya, while we take another hit...

DISCLAIMER: The opinions I express here are NOT shared by the Management of the Café, its staff or advertisers. I also do not believe it is OK for those under 21. Any more than alcohol. If you are under 21 and use these substances, you are responsible for yourself.

Doug
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Dougini, I have children. (Well, they're all adults now, but they're still my kids) and they can and should make their own decisions
I can't see why alcohol and tobacco, which are also dangerous for children are capable of being controlled (perhaps not as well as we'd like, but controlled nonetheless) to keep them out of kids hands but marijuana has to be kept illeagle!
Ain't life unkind?"
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Exactly. And the concentrates...Dabs, Bubble Hash...aren't really necessary. They take away the sociality of passing a joint/pipe/bong, and it takes a very expensive system to even DO Dabs! Bubble Hash is OK. Made with pure Ice Water. It can be smoked in a regular pipe.

Last party I went to, everyone did Dabs. You're done in one or two hits! Where's the fun in that? It just ain't the same any more. Don't get me wrong, Dabs is a good thing. It has its place. I don't smoke like that regularly. Rarely during the day.

Others are Wake & Bake. All day sunup to sundown. To each his/her own. Really nothing will change. Kids today want the strongest thing. What they have today with the New Synthetics...blows marijuana out of the water! Even LSD-25 can't hold a candle to 25i!

Miley Cyrus sings about "Molly" and no one says a word. She sticks a freakin' joint in her mouth and it all goes ballistic! What a bunch of hypocrites... Smile

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
And DON'T get me started on DRUG tests! I'll rant for hours on that one! Because Cannabis is INCLUDED in these tests, users are forced to SYNTHETIC pot! Ever heard of K-2? Read:

http://www.philly.com/philly/health/Heal......ses.html

This .sh*t sent at least 263 people to the emergency room in CO over a one-month period last year. And they call POT dangerous? WT ever-living F???

Doug
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
E-cigarettes packed with marijuana oil set to boom in Colorado

Odorless electronic cigarettes are more discreet and offer stronger doses. They also get around the limit on the amount of weed one person can buy in the state, where pot was legalized from Jan. 1.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national.......1567304

Tommy
longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
315 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
Quote:
On 2014-01-26 11:51, tommy wrote:
E-cigarettes packed with marijuana oil set to boom in Colorado

Odorless electronic cigarettes are more discreet and offer stronger doses. They also get around the limit on the amount of weed one person can buy in the state, where pot was legalized from Jan. 1.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national.......1567304

Interesting that the article states it is a way to get around the limit of herb a person can buy, but it really doesn't. Per the article there is also a limit on the number of cartridges one can buy.

Vaporization is great in that it eliminates one of the downsides of herb use, the lung irritation from breathing smoke.

I live in Colorado, walking distance from a medical dispensary, and can assure you that the earth has not been thrown from it's axis since retail became legal at the first of the year. In the town where I live neither of the two medical dispensaries have chosen to become licensed retail establishments. Their clients still purchase at the lower tax rate.

It's a beautiful state and I encourage any and all to visit Colorado regardless of where you stand on the issue of herb.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Colorado indeed looks wonderful.

Tommy
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Well, now Holden has opened it up to the banks. This is encouraging. I've stopped smoking for two weeks. I do that occasionally. I just take the tincture. No "high" with that. Ya know, I am so glad this stuff is not addictive.

It feels great to take a break. Then maybe next weekend, when my grower/caretaker delivers, it's a fresh start again. That's when I enjoy it the most. Rather than get an ounce of one strain, I like an eighth ounce of eight different strains. One does not build a "tolerance" to any one strain.

As good as Shatter is, I still prefer the Bubble Hash. I'm Old School. Europe spoiled me. But the hash we had there was junk! Compared to this, anyway. Tasted like Camel Sh**. Hey, question for you guys that toke:

Do you prefer a joint or pipe? What kind of pipe/bong? Anyone have a Roor? I'm still looking for that elusive glass one-hitter. I still enjoy a joint occasionally. There is nothing like walking at night in Maine, zero degrees, with a doob' of Blueberry! I used to walk out on Flying Pond when it was frozen over, with the moon shining...incredible!

I love the new glass bubblers. Spendy, though. I can't get over the $500 waterpipe my friend uses for Dabs. I would never spend that kind of money for that. Although I might spend $70 for the Micro Vaped. Google it. They make a 2nd version as well. I tried it. The 1st version. It really works good.

My doctor would like me to use a vaporizer. The best one I have found yet is the AroMed. $400+, though. See, that's why I cannot justify buying one. Since the V.A. won't TOUCH any of this, I have to pay out of pocket for anything cannabis related. Glaucoma is no joke. Timolol Maleate don't cut it by itself. That's the only the thing the V.A. pays for, and now I ran out of that!

And you guys that toke, and like joints...do you use a roach clip? I still do. I have one on my keychain that looks like a key. Remember those?

http://www.kustomkultureshop.com/Retail/......4720.jpg

What do you use? Hemostats? Alligator clip?

Doug
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Back in my rock 'n' roll touring days (1980's), there used to be a pot delivery service in New York City. Whenever we were staying overnight in the Big Apple, band or crew members who were so inclined would call them on the phone. Then one of their "delivery boys" would ride his bicycle to your hotel, and in the privacy of your hotel room offer you a variety of different kinds of high quality pot strains for sale. The transactions were very casual, friendly and civilized.

I don't know if that particular company is still in business, but it seems the trend has continued (at least until 2006, when this article was written):

http://www.hightimes.com/read/marijuana-......rish-nyc
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
They are still very active Arthur.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I thought so, and that's why I did not mention the company's name.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Uruguay legalizes marijuana use (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL