The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LEVITATION IMPOSSIBLE by Emagic Supply (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2013-12-30 08:35, GeneTony wrote:
It does not say "no body hookups", it says "without complicated body hookups". That leaves plenty of room for simple body hookups. I have no idea what is involved, just clarifying the description.

Thanks for correcting me, not complicated is correct.

However he is doing this, I'm sure most of us would agree it's IT work (this is king of string Steve we are talking about here).

What worries me a bit, is that no one who has seen this effect live has spoken up yet (as far as I'm aware of), there are usually at least a couple people/magi's out there that usually say they have seen it and give there thoughts, or put there name on the line with a quote or something?

Just seems odd, unless Steve don't work in this manner?

Whatever the case, I pre ordered for a reason, and that reason is because that video has me thinking way to much, and whether I like what I get or not, I guess you can say Steve earned that $24 bucks for making my head spin all these weeks! Smile

P
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
On 2013-12-30 09:54, Piz wrote:
Quote:
Whatever the case, I pre ordered for a reason, and that reason is because that video has me thinking way to much, and whether I like what I get or not, I guess you can say Steve earned that $24 bucks for making my head spin all these weeks! Smile
LOL - That's as good a reason as any Smile
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm looking forward to reviews on this one.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I will hold out, as there is just too many non-performing possibilities in that video. A darken room, no sound, on black surface, these are just my kind of performing situations. If it cost $200 I would say it is a very strong magnetic or air pressure. If they are telling the truth that the glass is not changed in any way, then it cannot even be IT. This looks good, but where can it be performed?

I once worked at a magic convention with a dealer, next to me was Steve Fearson at Steven's magic display. Steve was really nice, and show me his Floating Cigarette. I bought it at once. He then stepped out in the isle and performed for some passersby that just happened to not be magicians. He was 2 feet away from any one of them.

All the magic I have ever seen Steve Fearson do was top notch, and anyone could do what he was doing with a little. I'm a fan of course.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
One thing I like about Steve, he is always on the lookout for the newest developments in i.t. technology. Some day in the future he may find some stuff that is even thinner than what we have, yet able to float a bus. I'm looking forward to that day.

But I sure wish Steve would bring back "Static Elevation". I miss that trick.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yea he's the man of levitation for sure...
Todd
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
When he came up with the method for making the green glow stick rise up into the night sky and disappear, that's when I knew that this guy's thinking is from another planet.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On 2013-12-30 23:15, daffydoug wrote:
When he came up with the method for making the green glow stick rise up into the night sky and disappear, that's when I knew that this guy's thinking is from another planet.

that's not something that he created. Actually, I believe Orson Welles first did a rising card using that method.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On 2013-12-30 11:34, Bill Hegbli wrote:
If they are telling the truth that the glass is not changed in any way, then it cannot even be IT. This looks good, but where can it be performed?

that's not quite true. It can be IT on an umgimmicked glass. Just think 'outside the box' on this. or perhaps 'outside the glass' would be more correct.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 23:49, Chad Sanborn wrote:
Now that I think about this, it may be more brilliant than I had previously thought. Im betting its a combination of 2 ideas. And if its what I am thinking, it's absolutely genius! Beyond genius! And it would account for the spinning of the dollar. And the rising of the dollar up into the glass. And the coolest part would be that no strings would ever be connected to the dollar at any point!
but you would have some simple clean up to do at the end before giving the dollar out at the end. You could still tip it out of the glass like in the demo, but it would be dirty until you unfolded it.
Now Im not saying what I have in mind is what Steve is selling. But if it is, wow, its brilliant and I cannot imagine ever thinking of this on my own.

Well, if what your thinking of is not what we are getting from Steve, you may have a hot new revolutionary Method of Levitation on your hands here Chad! Smile

Sounds like your very confident in your method of how this maybe done, you should upload a Vid of you performing your method of this Levi? Smile

P
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I had no idea that Orson Wells created that rising method...
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
In 5 minutes it will be 2014. Smile

Due day. However Steve would be referring to US time, which is apx a day behind us.

One more day to go, and happy new year everyone.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Happy new year!!

I feel like a horse at the starting gate, ready to run the hardest race of magic in my life for 2014.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Nice.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
And the horses are out of the starting gate!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
And the bet's are placed.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Due date has just passed and they have not left the gate.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
This horse is out of the starting gate and running like his life depended on it.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Did anyone get this?
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
I believe for those that have pre ordered, are posted today, my copy has a long way to travel. Most of yous will receive your copy way before I do. Very keen to know if this is as described, "breakthrough in technology".

Its a pity Steve has not participated here on this topic, I did send an email to Steve a couple weeks ago asking if there is anything he would like to share and that I will be creating a topic on this forum in regards to his new release, to this day I never received a response.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LEVITATION IMPOSSIBLE by Emagic Supply (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL