The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Creepy Diary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Ok Rick, you have my attention.

I just found and listened to you being interviewed on the Spirit of Magic Podcast. I found it most entertaining and enlightening. You really are a mad scientist Smile
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Mr. Roth is publishing my personal diary... I only let it be read once by him...
themaurie
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of themaurie
Quote:
On 2013-12-15 00:05, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-14 14:32, weepinwil wrote:
Wish Lillian's diary had been handwritten similar to this.

Something very close is coming...but it was written by a witch

Very exciting news!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
THIS IS EPIC!!! I GOT CHILLS!!! LOVE THE CREEPY EFFECTS!
Doc Ben
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
246 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Wow,.....Rick....trying to be patient to hear about thihis and now I have to revise my ideas about which next box to buy that might hold the books I have. Was thinking Hobbs Jud might hold WA, Ipswich and one other without the wrist stock in place?
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
My 10 year old Grace is handwriting writing (printing) the entries and we have a process that when printed and then aged the book will look hand printed.

I'll spill some skinny because this thread is almost exactly what we have been doing.

Its a diary written by an 7 year old girl and someone or something else. It appears its both their diaries.

Jan 1st- Today we moved into a new house. Mommy and daddy are very happy.

Jan 3rd- I already have a new friend. Her name is Ash she lives here too. (Is there really an Ash?)

Just goes waaayyy downhill from there...

Entries written by Emma that have no words just numbers repeated over and over. Entries that read like someone else is using the diary too...

Entries Emma writes in Latin.

Entries where she seems to know you're reading her diary.

So dark, I had to make sure my daughter Grace (the 10 year old) was OK with copying what I had written and wasn't going to have nightmares.

I've been doing this long enough to know this book will not be mainstream bizarre. It will be to dark for some spectators. Dark in a very creepy and foreboding childlike way.

If you guys had it sitting on the nightstand next to your bed you'd probably put it in a drawer before going to sleep Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Sounds awesome, count me in! Smile
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
I'm in.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2013-12-21 17:11, Roth wrote:
My 10 year old Grace is handwriting writing (printing) the entries and we have a process that when printed and then aged the book will look hand printed.

Sounds promising. That being said, I have seen other marketed effects (not from Outlaw) whose "simulated handwriting" was less than convincing.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Reminds me of an effect I read somewhere (I forgot where). It's a chain letter that asks you to do a particular trick with the provided cards. If you succeeded you need to get rid of it and give to someone else to try it out.
Yours,

Ivan
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2014-01-23 15:39, niva wrote:
Reminds me of an effect I read somewhere (I forgot where). It's a chain letter that asks you to do a particular trick with the provided cards. If you succeeded you need to get rid of it and give to someone else to try it out.
Sounds like "Amanda's Great Card Trick" from Pentalogy.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
That's the one Bobby Smile Thanks!!
Yours,

Ivan
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Quote:
On 2014-01-23 15:45, bobbyhasbun wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-23 15:39, niva wrote:
Sounds like "Amanda's Great Card Trick" from Pentalogy.

I'm careful who I do that one on, but love the idea behind it. I agree with Shane's comparison to "The Ring."
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Has anyone tried that... and did it keep going round?
Yours,

Ivan
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Last time I did this, it was for someone I didn't know, so I never heard anything after that. I have also been wanting to do this for my Nephews, in hopes of giving them the bug to follow me down this rabbit hole...but since they are 9 and 7, going to hold off a bit...lest their mother send me on a one-way visit to Weepin Will's parlor. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Creepy Diary (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL