The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel/Christmas Idea for the Lotta Bowl (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SheikMozart
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of SheikMozart
I've been having a hard time adapting the Lotta Bowl for our kids church services because, up to a few weeks ago, I couldn't think of a strong ending.

For our first Christmas-themed service a few weeks ago, I put together a routine that I really liked.

I started by talking about the history of sin and repentance of the Israelites. They would turn away from God, fall captive to a neighboring country, repent, etc.

I said that between the Old and New Testament, there was a period of silence on God's part. I poured out all the contents of the Lotta Bowl into a cup and said that it seemed like God's forgiveness had been exhausted.

Then I went on about the circumstances of Jesus' birth and said that God's forgiveness was still available and, even better, was eternal. At this point I repeated the procedure of pouring out the bowl into the same cup until it was overflowing.

The visual of the same cup filled to capacity and beyond seemed to play really strong and I tried to make it very obvious that the bowl was empty with each pour.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Great idea!!!
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Could you tie this in with the Jesse Tree when you talk about the Old Testament
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
God's blessing just keep coming. They overflow.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I am this Sunday in my wife's Sunday School class using two Styrofoam cups, one with slush powder in it. Filling both cups with darkened food colored water (different kinds of sin). Puncture one cup in form of a face- sin (darkened water) flows out of mouth/what one says, in what one views, hears, etc.. But when forgiven, sin no longer flows out (puncture other cup with slush powder), is forgiven! Disappears.

Then combining with filling another goblet with fresh water (The Holy Spirit), turn glass over with card, remove card, Holy Spirit continues to work in our hearts in wonderful ways, etc..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel/Christmas Idea for the Lotta Bowl (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL