The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The MC Business ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
As some of you know, most of my business now comes from being an MC at Corporate events.
Mostly multiday conferences or executive summits at nice locations. This year has taken me to Hong Kong twice, New Zealand, Hawaii and a multitude of places around Australia.

Becoming an MC, be it Corporate, Association or Wedding, is a natural progression for many performers and magicians are no exception.

We have recently set up an info blog at http://www.ExpertMC.com and linked it with our own thriving professional MC community on LinkedIn, with over 500 members there.

So if you are interested in finding out more, getting an invite to the LinkedIn group or reading a whole bunch of articles please visit. There is also a free downloadable 7 part resource pack available. (Note.. this is not a Course on How to be an MC, just a great collection of Tips, Techniques and Resources )
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
723 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
If you are serious about being an MC, check out books by Mike Caveney and Terry Seabrooke. Look at the past magicians..Karrell Fox, Mike Caldwell, Bob Lewis. The present day "masters"..Mike Caveney, Pete Biro, Aldo Colombini, Bev Bergeron, Stan Allen and so many more. And remember, less is more.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Charlie , I certainly agree on the "less is more." Many performers try way too hard and that's something we discus frequently.

Great list of MC's there. Our focus is on Corporate events rather than MCing to magicians events, which opens up a whole new market to many performers.
Some of the those listed successfully did both. Not sure which is harder to do successfully, but I do know which pays better : )

Thanks for your comments.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Just compiling a master list of books that cover material specificaly on being an MC.

I have listed books by ..

Karell Fox
Aldo Columbini
Terry Seabrooke
Mike Caveney
Robert Orben
Duane Laflin

any more???
fasr eddie
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of fasr eddie
John Wade - Trade of the Tricks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The MC Business ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL