The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusionettes (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sammagic
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of sammagic
There are several posts on here discussing the books and resources available with regards to plans, design and concepts of larger illusions, however, is there such a thing available for Illusionettes? Has there ever been a book of some kind ever been published detailing the workings etc. of the smaller illusionettes?
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3639 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
There aren't that many illusionettes around, Paul Osborne has detailed some. I think it also depends on how small you are talking about. I think of an illusionette usually as a one person illusion, using a volunteer as the assistant, of course you can use your own assistant but that sort of defeats the purpose (perhaps?)

Was there a particular one, or type of one, you were thinking about?

Blair
sammagic
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of sammagic
Not a particular one in mind really, was just wondering what the best source would be for them. Size wise would probably be something along the lines of sword through neck, dis-armed, tri-section etc, wouldn't necessarily have to be plans for them just some reference material on workings etc.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Years ago I had a book of plans for Illusionettes. I think it was published by Abbotts.
Jitterbug
View Profile
New user
Belgium
51 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
I know this is an old topic, but can I breathe some more life in it.
Sammagic, I have the exact same question. I am really interested in stage illusions, have many book on the subject, on the principles, mechanics, etc.

But to do some magic with my children, and due to space restrictions, I am really looking for illusionettes, one-man small illusions. That could be built by myself.

One book is particularly on the subject, and that is
Nite Club Illusions And Illusionettes Abbott's Magic Book Catalog

and another:
Great Ovette TRICKS AND ILLUSIONETTES Practical Tricks Easily Built 1944

I do not own them (yet), so cannot assess the quality.
If you have found something else, let us know...
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3084 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You'll find many "illusionettes" at The Magic Nook and the easiest way to locate them is to ask Professor Spellbinder to identify ones according to your interests (productions/ vanishes/ torture/ escapes/ etc.).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusionettes (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL