The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best invisible thread to buy? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
renanleandrof
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of renanleandrof
Hi!
I bought recently a levitation trick, and I think my thread is really poor quality.

I was thinking on buy some new threads at ebay.com , because I don't know any "magic store" nearby on my city.

I'm facing a lot of different types, so anyone has some hints for me?

Thanks
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1013 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I recommend Volume 1 of Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Thread Miracles if you want to find out more about types of threads and where to find them. You can buy it from your favorite online dealer, or you can follow this link and buy it from one of my favorite online dealers.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @PsychicCPA
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6777 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi renanleandrof!

Welcome to the Café! Smile

Are you interested in invisible thread in general, or just this one effect?

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6777 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Drat. So much for that. 1 post and renanleandrof has left the building. Ah, yes. Carry on, then... Smile
TheBruceBeat
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of TheBruceBeat
Too bad. Interesting topic for a beginner like myself.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6777 Posts

Profile of Dougini
That's why we're here! Welcome to the Café, Bruce! Feel free to ask! Smile

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6777 Posts

Profile of Dougini
OK...no questions. You can PM me then...
XavrosStalkingwolf
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of XavrosStalkingwolf
Quote:
On 2013-12-19 15:13, renanleandrof wrote:
Hi!
I bought recently a levitation trick, and I think my thread is really poor quality.

I was thinking on buy some new threads at ebay.com , because I don't know any "magic store" nearby on my city.

I'm facing a lot of different types, so anyone has some hints for me?

Thanks

In case you come back... Steve Fearson's Master Levitation System DVD comes with 4 different thread types for various situations. As a bonus, the DVD itself has great reviews on The Café. You can find the Master Levitation System here, with the thread types listed at the bottom: http://goo.gl/cvzsfi
renanleandrof
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of renanleandrof
Hey! Sorry, I've got some problems with my email fowarding, since I don't use this email normally... =P

Thanks for the hints! I'll look the links you guys gave me!

=]
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1310 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I am not a massive thread work. But I did play around with it and had lots of fun. I borrowed Ammar's Easy to Master Thread Miracles and it great like all of his stuff. I do plan to use more in the future and when I do I plan to buy my own copy.

As for thread I used I liked Yigal Mesika thread that came in a container like dental floss. It was easy to set up. I also enjoyed loops as well. They just sat on your wrist no worries about tangles or snags.

A point I want to make as well is when someone says 'Best invisible thread to buy?' I know your asking whats out there so you can make the best choice. But some people I think try to be cheap. I think you buy the best. Yes there are cheaper out there. But something like this which is a tool you should have no problems in investing. A few gig your make your money. If it is to costly stand on a street corner and float peoples dollar bills and flip over there sun glass and make them close. Make a deck of cards ghostly cut it self and revel there chosen card. If your any good your have new threads and lunch in a hour.

Pleas remeber I am not a a massive thread user this is just what I found suited me playing for a few months. Also I know oyur asking to build on knowledge and not to be cheap.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Renanleandrof,

Depends on whether you're looking for I.T. or I.E.T.

Fearson definitely has the better I.T. "Vectra" and Subdividedstudios has the absolute best I.E.T. "Legacy".

Matt
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
I would be curious to know what trick you bought? I got Magic Makers' Floating Dollar Bill gimmick and DVD, and the thread strikes me as pretty fragile. Certainly okay for work with paper things if one is cautious, but nothing much heavier. I was wondering if I was stripping it incorrectly and if some stronger IET is to be had. Will definitely check out the Fearson tricks and supplies.
Redfoot
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Redfoot
MagicMattMan thanks for the tip on the Legacy thread, I'm ordering now Smile
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Quote:
On 2014-01-29 03:52, Redfoot wrote:
MagicMattMan thanks for the tip on the Legacy thread, I'm ordering now Smile

Redfoot:

You're most welcome!

Check out the latest review from gostone23 on the Legacy Emergency Kit, which I recommend getting first before buying just a spool of Legacy (unless you have a tying method already): http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=41

Cheers mate!
Matt
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
ramsaymagic
View Profile
New user
London
33 Posts

Profile of ramsaymagic
One watch out - some ITRs are only listed on James George's website itrmagictricks.com

My experience:
- Large order placed Aug '13. Nothing received even by Feb '14.
- Customer service is non-existent.
- Email exchanges with James George have been promises of immediate dispatch which have subsequently proven to be false promises.
- I have requested a refund only to be met with irrational allegations that I'm lying and a tirade of ill conceived anti-capitalist abuse.
- If you have ordered from this site watch out for promises that your order is about to ship in the run up to the 45day PayPal dispute deadline.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6777 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Welcome to the Café, Ramsaymagic! Smile

Yeah, we try to warn folks about that. Several topics on that alone have been discussed. When James George moved himself to India, my warning flags went up.

Since the Web Spinner, ITRs to me are obsolete. A Web Spinner is $25. Steve Fearson sells the best IT in my opinion.

http://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?ma......s_id=308

Doug
Juno Temple
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
57 Posts

Profile of Juno Temple
Ah yes, the 'elusive' so-called invisible thread! I have to agree with Dougini - Fearson is the closest thread to being allegedly invisible. From a psychokinetic pen falling atop an overturned champagne glass-stem, to tipping over of that same glass, I delight in the spectators gasping reactions. As to Yigal's thread . . . it gives me 4-6 performances & I wear an extra loop (as well) on my left wrist in the eventual and dastardly sudden breakage. With lighting at the center of potentially exposing the workings in every performance whether IT or IET, I try, when I can, to arrive at my gig before the show & check for overhead fixtures and then place my table just off a foot and a bit further right of where I will be in performance (from the audience point of view). When it works it is truly a miracle, & with a wave and with a carefully selected, Latin-based warlockian verbiage, I stand upon the mountain of manipulation and remain the Master mind-bender . . . mostly.
We play the Game - but Fate deals the Cards
A Magic Cafe User
View Profile
New user
Princeton, NJ
63 Posts

Profile of A Magic Cafe User
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2014, Dougini wrote:
Welcome to the Café, Ramsaymagic! Smile

Yeah, we try to warn folks about that. Several topics on that alone have been discussed. When James George moved himself to India, my warning flags went up.

Since the Web Spinner, ITRs to me are obsolete. A Web Spinner is $25. Steve Fearson sells the best IT in my opinion.

http://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?ma......s_id=308

Doug

Would you recommend the Web spinner? Looks to good to be true!
- Just my humble opinion

The more you know, the more you know - Brainpop
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6777 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yeah. Or follow JoeJoe and make your own using a Sharpie. It's a worker!

Doug
A Magic Cafe User
View Profile
New user
Princeton, NJ
63 Posts

Profile of A Magic Cafe User
Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it!
- Just my humble opinion

The more you know, the more you know - Brainpop
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best invisible thread to buy? (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.38 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL