The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Play Money by Nick Diffatte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 15:19, daffydoug wrote:
Videoman,

Thanks! I finally found them!

Sometimes things are hard to see on this I-phone screen.

Won't do me much good, though, since I don't have a p.c. or printer, but at least they are there if I ever get one in the future

You can take the files to a copy center, Office Max/Depot etc. and they will print them for you. This is often less frustrating for many since copy centers have plenty of ink, proper paper, alignment skills, speed, etc.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
For those who desire a link to print your own; http://www.zieak.com/2008/08/19/print-yo......y-money/

For those who want to buy some;

US Amazon link; http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-28852-Monop......0000IWCW

UK Amazon link; https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-28852-Mo......0000IWCW
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1345 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 17:15, Fire Starter wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-19 19:15, Stucky wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-19 16:18, Fire Starter wrote:
Looks similar to CASH FLOW by Juan Pablo?.

I see people do this constantly on this forum. They compare on trick to anotheer when they are clearly different. Either in method or presentation. It amuses and saddens me at the same time.

SIMILAR is ment by what it say's , SIMILAR ,I never said it was the SAME.

If by similar you mean it uses money then it's similar to every bill change yes.
Official Thread Killer
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
This looks pretty good. Any more reviews?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks for the links and the good advice!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
This effect has -hit the ground running- zooming up to the #1 spot on Penguin's Top 20 Hourly Best Sellers list even after it's 24 hour Cool Box run.
tedwardo
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of tedwardo
Got this for the 50% off price and feel it was well worth the money. gimmicks are pretty easy to make. practiced for a few minutes in front of mirror and then without mirror (as this helped me get a feel for performing it for people, because when I practiced in mirror, I was always looking at action in mirror, and it is helpful to practice NOT looking at the reflected performance)

is it worth $10? Hmmmm. well, I've spent $10 and up for tricks I will likely not perform as much as this -- quick, simple, and it looks exactly like what you see in the video. that said, glad to get it while it was on special...but if you like what you see in the performance and feel this is the kind of magic you would perform, then it is likely a solid investment. but it is a quickie...although you can make it a little more interactive.

I performed for my kids just as in demo, but for my wife, I gave HER a duplicate coupon and asked her to do as I did -- holding it up, then folding it in half, then I blew on mine and it changed instantly into dollar -- hers obviously did not, but it was fun to have her mimic what I was doing. I imagine others may come up with even other variations depending on whether you transform play money or coupon or receipt -- love to hear other people's variations.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6938 Posts

Profile of bowers
I agree this is a wonderful effect.
Work's and look's just like the video show's.
You can keep this visual piece of eye candy
in your billfold ready to perform at a moment's
notice.And you can show the bill from both side's
after the effect is performed too.In my opinion
it is worth every penny I spent.
Todd
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Sankey has a monopoly money effect and I think that would be a good follow up.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
You could keep SIX of'em in your wallet, three to change in to money and three to change from money in to play money, receipt, IOU, ticket, etc.

Sankey's Supernatural DVD contains a mis-made Monopoly money effect and so does Sankey's Best Magic w/Ordinary Objects.
mrmakeithappen
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of mrmakeithappen
Quote:
On 2013-12-21 00:13, daffydoug wrote:
Sankey has a monopoly money effect and I think that would be a good follow up.

Actually it might flow better if it went before this effect (if that's possible, as I don't know the method yet). But if you did Sankey's mis-made Monopoly money effect (tearing the Monopoly bill into 4 pieces then restoring it mis-made), and then transformed the mis-made fake money into a real mis-made bill with Play Money(I believe there is a marketed effect to get a mis-made bill, but you can always just make one out of uncut sheets). That would be a pretty cool little sequence. You could also then do a bill-switch at the end to transform the mis-made bill into a normal one and you just took a really long road to turn paper into money. Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I am going to make a version where I say I will change the receipt into money for the bill, then change it into Monopoly money, shake my head and say "Darn, that never works."
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Possibilities are proverbially endless.
tedwardo
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of tedwardo
A small follow up on the coupon variation -- say "check out this coupon" and then give them a coupon like yours and tell them to do what you do -- fold it, then blow on it -- yours changes into bill, theirs does not -- take a look at theirs and say, "oh, sorry -- your coupon expired" (as a reason why theirs did not transform into a bill)
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6938 Posts

Profile of bowers
Still holding as the number 1 selling product on Penquin Magic site.
Todd
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I like the ideas presented in this thread. Good stuff!
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
950 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 07:16, phillipsart wrote:
I gave this a try just now, I printed a fake monopoly money using my laser printer, made up the gimmick, did it right the first time, and it works great. I used normal printing paper for the fake money, I don't know how this paper compares with your US dollar notes, but from what I can tell in the Video it creases the same. Our Australian plastic money is very difficult to get a crease into, I think it's impossible to crease our notes as flat as the fake paper money I printed. It's getting late now, I will try a Australian Note in the morning with some double sided tape and see if it's successful or not.

howd the aussie money go man?
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Quote:
On 2013-12-22 05:55, Mind illusionist wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 07:16, phillipsart wrote:
I gave this a try just now, I printed a fake monopoly money using my laser printer, made up the gimmick, did it right the first time, and it works great. I used normal printing paper for the fake money, I don't know how this paper compares with your US dollar notes, but from what I can tell in the Video it creases the same. Our Australian plastic money is very difficult to get a crease into, I think it's impossible to crease our notes as flat as the fake paper money I printed. It's getting late now, I will try a Australian Note in the morning with some double sided tape and see if it's successful or not.

howd the aussie money go man?

Not very well, not as easy as the fake paper money to perform. It's hit and miss and not reliable enough with our notes. It almost felt like it had to much friction and very difficult to perform, often getting stuck half way through the trick. (it could have been my technique).
I practiced today and yesterday using the paper note I made, I'm performing the trick a lot better now than I was when I tried with the Australian note. I will try again in the next day or two using glue instead of double sided tape. the tape I used might have let it down. need stronger tape and more of it.

With perseverance, this might work. I got held up doing other things today and did not have a spare Australian note to try again, there was no way I was going anywhere near town today, it's like a mad rat race here today, everyone in town for there last minute shopping, I will have to brave it tomorrow. Will pick up a couple of $5.00 notes and give this one more try. Otherwise I will somehow factor in US dollar notes in my performance, that's if I can find any, went to 3 banks yesterday, not one of them would supply me any US Money. I live in a small city that don't have a lot of service.
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
Just curious if any Australian bros have tried ironing the folds for tricks like this with your plastic notes? Obviously putting a napkin or something between the note and iron.

As we brits are getting the plastic fivers in 2015.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I really feel for you guys who live where plastic money is the norm. That must suck!

Essentially ANY effect where money is required to be folded would be off limits to you guys.

And that means DOZENS of effects. maybe in the hundreds that you can't do because plastic does not take to folding well.

All I can say is, that must really suck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Play Money by Nick Diffatte (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL