The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Play Money by Nick Diffatte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jacopo
View Profile
New user
Italy
30 Posts

Profile of Jacopo
This is a great idea! and works well with Euro! I like!
My latest release: Verve by Jacopo Maggetto
My first release: J-TAB by Jacopo Maggetto
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1345 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Canada is getting the plastic bills and they have little windows in them.
Official Thread Killer
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
660 Posts

Profile of egoli
Too late - all Canadian money is now plastic. Everything from the $5 to the $100. $5 is our lowest paper money denomination.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3541 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks for reminding me of the Sankey Monopoly money effect. I think this is the best mismade bill effect because you can give them away as a souvenir. Yes, this would be a good in conjunction with this effect.
KJ
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Quote:
On 2013-12-22 14:24, Showmethatagain wrote:
Just curious if any Australian bros have tried ironing the folds for tricks like this with your plastic notes? Obviously putting a napkin or something between the note and iron.

As we brits are getting the plastic fivers in 2015.

I was thinking the same. I will try and see if it makes any difference.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I wonder what you could use to stick them together that wouldn't leave a residue that the recipient could find?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
I wish we still had paper money. I would have had a lot of fun with this, I have this performing as shown in video after a couple days practice with fake paper notes I printed on my lazer printer. Unfortunately, I have not been able to perform it the same thus far with our Plastic Notes, Tomorrow I will try again, I need to pick up a couple $5:00 notes, otherwise I would have tried it again now.

Will sacrifice a $5:00 note, cut a piece out of it as part of the gimmick and this time use glue and iron the folds as suggested on the plastic note. I will do my best to get this to work as fluid as I have with the paper note. If that's successful, than I will look into double sided tape so I can hand the bill out to pay for my shopping.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3541 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Daffydoug,
I have used double sided tape that is stuck to the monopoly money and then I press it a bit to make the money side a bit less sticky. It works well. Also, perhaps repositionable glue stick, also on the monopoly money should work.
KJ
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ok. You got my wheels turning.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6938 Posts

Profile of bowers
This is so in your face visual magic...
Todd
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
And that's always the best kind.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6938 Posts

Profile of bowers
Your absolutely right Daffy.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
When have I ever been wrong?
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2013-12-22 23:53, phillipsart wrote:
I wish we still had paper money. I would have had a lot of fun with this, I have this performing as shown in video after a couple days practice with fake paper notes I printed on my lazer printer. Unfortunately, I have not been able to perform it the same thus far with our Plastic Notes, Tomorrow I will try again, I need to pick up a couple $5:00 notes, otherwise I would have tried it again now.

Will sacrifice a $5:00 note, cut a piece out of it as part of the gimmick and this time use glue and iron the folds as suggested on the plastic note. I will do my best to get this to work as fluid as I have with the paper note. If that's successful, than I will look into double sided tape so I can hand the bill out to pay for my shopping.

you could order some one hundred trillon dollar notes from zimbabwae and turn a blank piece of paper into one of those. or you can order two old zimbabwae notes and just do a bill switch with those. might be a good option to use instead of a bill from some other random country cause people love seeing those huge denomination bills.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2013-12-22 20:38, egoli wrote:
Too late - all Canadian money is now plastic. Everything from the $5 to the $100. $5 is our lowest paper money denomination.

there are still plenty of normal paper ones in circulation still... just hang on to a few.

when they all eventually go plastic... I might buy an old $2 Canadian bill and do something with that.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3312 Posts

Profile of takeachance
So no one can get the desired outcome with plastic notes? I guess because I travel a lot I can still get some use from it just not at home
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Being it's Christmas, spending lot's of time with Family and doing my christmas shopping, I have not had time to give our plastic notes another attempt. A couple days ago I read a review on Penguin Magic from another fellow Aussie that's found success with using our plastic notes, How I don't know.
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
Quote:
On 2013-12-25 19:12, AdamChance wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-22 23:53, phillipsart wrote:

you could order some one hundred trillon dollar notes from zimbabwae and turn a blank piece of paper into one of those. or you can order two old zimbabwae notes and just do a bill switch with those. might be a good option to use instead of a bill from some other random country cause people love seeing those huge denomination bills.

:) That's would be funny. I don't know what my chances are of getting my hands on such a note, I can't even get US notes where I live. I been chasing US Notes for weeks now.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6938 Posts

Profile of bowers
What about e-bay Phillip.
todd
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4931 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I bought my 50,000,000,000 Zimbabwe note from Ebay. Best $13 I have ever spent!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Play Money by Nick Diffatte (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL