The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book That Opens Itself (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Hi Everyone - I had a theater ask me if I knew of a "magic" book that would open itself remotely or by the push of a button. I remember seeing a book that served as a close-up case that would open and close seemingly by itself, but I can't seem to find it now (of course, when I want it). Any chance anyone here knows what I'm talking about and where I can find it? Thanks in advance!

Doug
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1565 Posts

Profile of elimagic
You could use IT with some creativity to do this, but I do not know of a marketed self contained prop on the market unfortunately. Good luck.
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
Collector's Workshop used to make one with hidden servants, etc. They stopped making it before Viking Magic bought them out. With an unlimited budget, you might be able to convince Viking Magic to make one, assuming they have the plans.

Keith
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22900 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Contact member Anverdi-museum aka Chuck Caputo, he made an electronic book that opens remotely.
AllanK
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
195 Posts

Profile of AllanK
Doug, the close-up case/book that you are thinking of is called the Book of Spells and was indeed manufactured by CW as Keith mentions. I have one of these and it is a thing of beauty that has served me well. However, I don't think it is suitable for the use you mentioned as the cover only opens to an angle of about 30 degrees before pausing, whereupon the performer would open the cover the rest of the way. Closing the book was the reverse of this procedure. Perfect for what it was designed for but probably not right for a stage effect that requires the book to open all the way. Of course, the book would look sensational on stage with its large size and its highly embellished "antique" leather/gold foil relief cover - very Harry Potter! Following Bill's suggestion would probably be a more fruitful path to follow.

Allan
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Al Mann - Memo Motion ;-)

Cheers
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book That Opens Itself (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL