The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Steel Ball & Tube (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Actually I've ordered one through him; that's why I asked. lol!

Smile

Smile

What colors did you order? I'm going with red rage acrylic.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
The red sounds beautiful. I'm going with the blue acrylic wand and the African Blackwood. The blue wand is pictured near the beginning of this thread. Something tells me no choice here is the wrong choice.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Right? They all look beautiful. I'm going with a convertible version as well. That way I can take the smaller version for my hospital walk around.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Theodore Lawton, I really encourage you to consider utilizing the ball in a Glorpy type of effect. It's a very natural transition from the ball and tube into something more sublime. The ball appears to have magical properties, and that is then further proven when it is "trapped" under a cloth, only to rise again under "test" conditions.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Is there anywhere I can go for reference on this idea? I'm not sure I can figure it out with my limited reasoning capabilities. lol I'm not kidding either!

Smile
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Anyone know if these wands ever came to fruition?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Good question. Magic Ian's website is no longer live, so that's not a good sign unfortunately.

I did buy the original black Ball & Tube wand from him, which is beautiful. But those colored wands so amazing.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Magic Ian is no longer with us.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Thank you for the sorrowful reminder charliemartin...and I mean that in a sincere and grateful way. For a brief moment when I read this post I only thought about the wand I had from Ian, and looked quickly back at previous posts not remembering that Ian passed, and completely forgot that he was working with Michael (wandmgc8) at Moonlight Productions to expand his vision. Hence the photos that were posted showing their shared creations.

Unfortunately, Moonlight's site is down too. Their Facebook site is still up ( https://www.facebook.com/moonlightmagicwands ), but hasn't been active in awhile. Let me PM him via the link on this thread, and I'll post if there is - hopefully - a response.
PhilJake
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of PhilJake
A couple of Ball and Tube Questions.
I am interested in what seems to be a new version using a solid tube called Ball and Tube (solid) and would like to know if it is actually much different than the original. Sounds like it could be used like a solid okito.

Anyone perform Marlo's Bill in Potato using a ball and tube? (The illustration shows a bill tube for some odd reason) Seems like a novel use of the ball tube.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I bought a EZ Ball and Tube about 25 years ago and now I wish I could find it. I had put it away in a drawer and forgot about it.
Allen
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have a ball and tube that belonged to Kalanag.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Steel Ball & Tube (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL