The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » My Nightmare Gig (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
154 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Last night's gig was the worst experience of my performing career so far. To paraphrase "Po" from "Kungfu Panda", "I probably sucked more than anyone in the history of sucking".

I entered with a Fantasio candle and tried lighting it with an igniter gimmick hidden in my fingers. It wouldn't light so I took out the backup lighter in my right jacket pocket. Then to my horror, the "Invisible Hand" holdout loaded with a ball dropped out of my right sleeve.

After that, there seemed no point in continuing the multiplying ball routine but I pressed on. When time came to take the ball from the holdout, it was too tight and I was fumbling to remove it. I ended my manipulation segment with an appearing cane that flew out of my hand when it opened and landed on the floor.

My next effect was a Professor's Nightmare rope routine using a magnet gimmick. I performed that flawlessly. The 3 ropes joined into 1 long rope at the end. However, as I stretched out the rope to strike a final pose, I must have accidentally jerked the rope because the rope fell apart at the point joined by magnets.

Nothing else happened after that but my focus and mood was totally ruined. I had been practising my routines for days and everything seemed perfect. I don't know why the actual show was a disaster. It was like a magician's nightmare.
The Best Magic Effects to Take Your Performance to the Next Level
https://FireBirdMagic.com
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Yow! Sorry to hear this!

One word: Cards.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
I think we have all had shows like this at one point in our lives. The greatest advice (beside practice, practice, practice)is: - What makes a great magician is how you come around from a mistake.
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
Look at the positive side, you now have an opportunity build in more backup. Sounds like a rethink of the ropes might be warranted. Unfortunately, stuff happens.
John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » My Nightmare Gig (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL