The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Death Flight by Docc Hilford (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Holy cow this sounds amazing! I wish it weren't Christmas time or I'd get this in a heart beat! Sounds like a very well structured routine (as most of Docc Hilford stuff)

http://nanacast.com/deathflight

"PACK SMALL, PLAY BIG

As a mentalistic feat, DEATH FLIGHT is so much more than a prediction of the chairs audience members choose in which to sit.

• It’s a Living and Dead Test

• It’s a Ghostetic Touch Trick

• It’s a Psychic Revelation Effect

• It’s a Mind Reading Routine

• It’s a Spectral Dematerialization and Transposition of a Solid Object

• It’s all performed UNDER TEST CONDITIONS!

DEATH FLIGHT has SEVERAL structured applause cues:

1. You predict which person among six will think of a dead person.

2. That person feels Death grab him, although surrounded by other audience members.

3. He cannot stand no matter how hard he tries.

4. You reveal the name of the dead person he chose.

5. A signed “Boarding Pass” dematerializes while held by a spectator.

6. It mysteriously materializes in the hands of a person on the other side of the stage.

7. The dead man verifies it’s the actual boarding pass he signed, not duplication.

Each of these climaxes receive gasps of delight and awe from audiences whenever DEATH FLIGHT is performed.

BUT WAIT!

A sealed envelope INSIDE A SEALED ENVELOPE locked in a BLACK BOX on display is opened BY A SPECTATOR and inside is a detailed PREDICTION of ...

1. Who would choose a dead name

2. Personal facts about the person

3. Which seat he chose to sit

4. What was the dead person’s name!

That’s ELEVEN applause cues!

ELEVEN dramatic climaxes.

With a TRIPLE PREDICTION BONUS FINALE’!

The most remarkable 15 minutes you’ll every get out of a few index cards and envelopes.

DEATH FLIGHT is perfect for:

Full Stage or Stand Up

Parties or Banquets

Living Rooms or Night Clubs

It’s frightening or amusing

Best of all DEATH FLIGHT is E-Z to do!

The participants have FREE CHOICE - NO forces.

They handle the props THEMSELVES.

No special chairs or electronics.

No difficult sleight of hand.

No stooges, whispers or preshow.

Just solid, old-school mentalism PROFESSIONALLY presented.

Three professional mentalists have had DEATH FLIGHT all to themselves for the past year.

Here’s some of what they recently said:

“This is so easy and so powerful, I wish you wouldn’t sell it.”

“I want to be the only one performing this!”

“This is so much more than a chair routine, it’s a performance piece.”

DEATH FLIGHT comes to you in...

• A 2.5 hour audio MP3 file - Detailing every move, stage blocking and nuance.

• Over an hour long video MP4 file - Teaching moves and handling of the simple props.

• A LIVE HOUR of Follow-up call - Answering YOUR questions and sharing tips from performers.

Don’t miss your flight!

DEATH FLIGHT Doccinar Package... only $99

Limited Pre Release Sale... only $79"

Thoughts?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
My thoughts:
1. Perhaps too many things gong on. Since there are many revelations and magic going on, the overall impact may be diluted and confusing.

2. Not sure if I care for the "Spectral Dematerialization and Transposition of a Solid Object". While I have nothing against mental-magic, I just do not know if this fits in a theme of a chair test per se. Perhaps more magic than I care for n a chair test.

3 Don't think I care for doing a living-dead theme in a chair test. It is too heavy of a theme for a typical family audience. If you were doing it in a seance themed show it might play wel but not in a regular show.

Just my initial thouhts.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Michael, have you seen the act yet?

Have you performed the act?

I just am interested in how you can say , "It is too heavy a theme for a typical family audience. If you were doing it in a seance show it might play well but not in a regular show."

On a related note, I've used the Living Dead theme for 40 years and it has always played well, and in fact, it is a major theme in mentalism.

Ton Iacoviello
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow I think this sounds amazing,alittle too exspensive for me ,but you never know might find the penny's one day.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2013-12-22 13:10, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Michael, have you seen the act yet?

Have you performed the act?

I just am interested in how you can say , "It is too heavy a theme for a typical family audience. If you were doing it in a seance show it might play well but not in a regular show."

On a related note, I've used the Living Dead theme for 40 years and it has always played well, and in fact, it is a major theme in mentalism.

Ton Iacoviello

Tony,

It is on pre-order so I have not seen the act and with all due respect neither have you. These are my initial thoughts. While a living-dead test is a well known mentalism theme, I would not perform it as a chair test. These are my thoughts. Yes, I do think there are way too many revelations in this routine and yes, I do think it would be confusing. That being said, I suppose one could shave off some of the revelaations and/or mental magic in this routine to fit one's personal taste. It is just not for me.

Best wishes to you an your family. I hope you have a very happy and healthy holiday and New Year.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Michael:

I never claimed to have seen the act, nor did I praise or criticize it.

You saying aspects of the act will not work for "typical family audiences" without having seen the act and only having read the ad copy struck me as strange (and contrary to Docc's using the material).

Threads here seem to come across as praising or condemning products that had not been seen by the posters.
That isn't right (either way).

I too hope you send your family have a merry Christmas and amazing New Year.

Tony
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Tony,

The original post asked for people's thoughts about this pre-released product. These are my thoughts based upon the details and attributes of the effect provided. Other may feel differently. If I did see the routine or a part of it in actual performance, perhaps my initial thoughts would change. But as for now, these are my initial thoughts about it.

Thank you for the well wishes.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Given the synopsis of the effect I imagine that with a little invention and tweaking you can probably pick and choose what sub-effects you want to include (or exclude) depending on what suits your performance style.

Death Flight sounds interesting but I think I'll wait for a review on this one.

I do like Docc's stuff but I'm not keen on the way his video explanation/instruction is accompanied by an MP3 audio file. They audio file typically goes into more depth. I don't understand why he doesn't make that video rather than audio.

Death Flight is a 1 hour video and a 2.5 hour audio file. The audio file according to the blurb. [Details] every move, stage blocking and nuance. Conveying your meaning to those parts of the routine would (for me at least) be far easier if they were video rather than audio.

I expect that Death Flight is quite involved with lots of distinct parts to it. Based on some of Docc's recent releases that I have purchased I bet the 2.5 hours of audio is unsegmented, just one big audio file. Unlike the chapters on a DVD its not going to be easy to go back and listen to individual bits of the routine for whatever reason.

As I say I like Docc's stuff but I wish he'd ditch the audio files, make everything video and take some time to segment that video into individual files, much like the chapters one finds on your typical DVD. It would certainly make learning his effects far easier.

Regards,
Lar.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
This is not pre-order. It is instant download after payment. The only part that is pre-order has not been announced yet. Those of you on the email list watch for an announcement tomorrow afternoon.

Concerning the actual routine. It is not cluttered and each segment is clear. If you don't like the one part just don't do it. But this is a fully staged routine that involves several people. And I absolutely agree with Tony that Living and Dead plays just fine. Depends on how you frame it. Most things do. Here Docc has supplied the framing and it is pretty cool. You really shouldn't think of it as a chair test. It has some of those elements but is a completely different animal.

Anyway we have received some excellent feedback so far. Really how much is a full 20 minute routine worth to you? It can be an entire act. As for talking about the blocking on audio it will be very clear from the staging what is going on and not confusing at all.

Hope that helps a bit.

~ Dan
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
377 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Before the opinions of the green monster and killer of children run wild, please allow me to clarify a couple of things.

Perhaps we have come to use the term "Routine" a bit too loosly these days.
My understanding of the term is that it's a series of related effects leading to a single and clear climax.
A Cups and Balls routine has several tricks leading to the production of fruit.
Try to discribe a full C&B routine without sounding like there may be too many things going on to follow.
Practiced and presented well by a compitant performer, it's a joy to watch.

A prediction, even a double prediction is not a routine.
That being said, Death Flight is a playette.
Those of you on the mailing list know the aspects of this routine, those who aren't in the circle probably go by what's thrown around in here.

I've performed this routine in it's various advanced stages of developement for nearly 10 years.
I began doing the base trick in 1982 while on tour with Alice Cooper and Joan Jett.
I KNOW it plays for families at a picnic or for a theater full fo corporates.
I've done it.
And many others will now do like wise.

For the record, I don't simply imagine a trick, figure a quick way to accomplish it and rush to market with claims about how I "think" it will play.
I release items from my programs; whether last years show, or from a long past show.

DEATH FLIGHT isn't a "Chair Test", but more a mentalism performance piece.
Some will venture into the world of theater.
Some will prefer to stay in the safety of their peek wallets.
Nothing wrong with either position.
To each his own.

It's one of my personal favorites for many years.

Peace,
Docc
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Sounds exciting Docc! Do you think there's ever a chance of a full performance video of it? Maybe from one of your shows? Id love to see you at your work!
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
There is a possible plan but it will only be available to purchasers if the plan works out. More details soon.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Just a quick note we are having a preview teleconference tonight. If you are wondering what this about or have questions come join us get the bigger picture. It is free to attend. You just need to register to get the details or the recording after the fact. You can register here:

http://www.nanacast.com/deathflightpreview
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
I just gave Docc a little idea for a contest. Details will be on the call. Well worth your time check it out.

http:/www.nanacast.com/deathflightpreview
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-12-23 17:17, bdekolta wrote:
I just gave Docc a little idea for a contest. Details will be on the call. Well worth your time check it out.

http:/www.nanacast.com/deathflightpreview

Oooooo with the prize being a copy of death flight!?
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Let's see - details will be on the call! Sorry to be coy. But I will say I don't think it is a copy of Death Flight. But it will be something worth your time to check out.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On 2013-12-23 00:34, bdekolta wrote:
There is a possible plan but it will only be available to purchasers if the plan works out. More details soon.

Well that makes sense.

I would not want a plan if the plan does not work out!

Please titillate us with some more details ASAP!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
All the details that aren't in the ad will be on the teleconference tonight.

For "the plan" we have a few different ideas and are deciding which direction we want to move in.

Thanks for the chuckle on my phrasing for plan.
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
377 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
The HAPPY HOUR Pre-Call for DEATH FLIGHT will begin in about an hour.
7:30 pm CST

Just sign in and join me as we talk about some of the details regarding this SUPER ROUTINE.

http://www.nanacast.com/deathflightpreview

You can ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

AND...
I'm having a contest where YOU can win a GIFT CERTIFICATE worth $50!

Here's how...
ANY purchases made from now until MIDNIGHT tomorrow, December 24, 2013 will get you an entry for the $50 PRIZE drawing.
Buy 1 item, get 1 chance to win.
Buy 2 items, get 2 chances to win.

Details and contest rules will be announced on the call tonight.

DEATH FLIGHT is a runaway hit!

http://www.nanacast.com/deathflight

If you already own DEATH FLIGHT,
If you have a question about DEATH FLIGHT,
or even if you just want to hang out...

At 7:30 pm CST

Peace,
Docc

P.S. If you already have DEATH FLIGHT you're automatically entered in the drawing!

Please pass this on to anyone who may be interested in a routine that's MUCH MORE than a CHAIR TEST.

bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
We are on live now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Death Flight by Docc Hilford (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL