The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Way Out XII by Marc Oberon (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2522 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Just got this message from Marc.

Hi Steve,

Yes, thanks for getting in touch,  I see exactly how the confusion has arisen.

The ad saying 12 outs from a single piece of paper was for a handling in the book, it is explained only in the book It is possible but I only use that onstage because of angles. 

That ad claim has been associated with Way Out XII which is a DVD plus papers and gimmicks that allow 12 outs close up or stage but uses a top pocket (index) switching gimmick to move between three four way papers. In Way Out XII each paper can be opened in four ways in extreme close up and with the gimmick that give 12 clean outs.

The claim of 12 outs from a single piece of paper is meant for the book but somehow has been used with Way out XII , plus it seems that the trailer for the book is being used to advertise Way out XII , I have been away on a ship, just got back today to see this error.

Please reply to me ASAP as to how clear this is as I am concerned about this confusion.

Thanks,

Marc
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2522 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
This may need to go downstairs. Sorry
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of smacks183
You can have four outs without a switch.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Oh boy.

Well I haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet - no time.

I will review after seeing it. Big difference between 4 outs and 12.

If your going to release a product with your name on it however there should be some proofreading or controls in place so as to avoid this kind of confusion.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of smacks183
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3487 Posts

Profile of takeachance
If the switch is easy, and being a piece of paper it should be, I'm not put off as yet from buying this
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of smacks183
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-12-31 16:39, smacks183 wrote:

Got it. Many thanks!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1888 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
So from what has been posted you can't do 12 way out that is shown on the Demo as this footage is for the book NOT the DVD

So much for Murphy's Quality control and completely misleading demo
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
So the 12 out performance on the demo video is the Stage routine which has bad angles? It looked close up to me so a bit confused. It looked more like a parlor distance I am guessing. Clarification would be great from anyone in the know. Thanks guys
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5828 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2013-12-31 14:15, saysold1 wrote:
If your going to release a product with your name on it however there should be some proofreading or controls in place so as to avoid this kind of confusion.
Sorry to see your perfect world interrupted.

Oh wait... "your going". Oopsie. If you are going to put your name to something...
TonyKo
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
68 Posts

Profile of TonyKo
Quote:
On 2013-12-31 12:57, Steven Conner wrote:
Just got this message from Marc.

Hi Steve,

Yes, thanks for getting in touch,  I see exactly how the confusion has arisen.

The ad saying 12 outs from a single piece of paper was for a handling in the book, it is explained only in the book It is possible but I only use that onstage because of angles. 

That ad claim has been associated with Way Out XII which is a DVD plus papers and gimmicks that allow 12 outs close up or stage but uses a top pocket (index) switching gimmick to move between three four way papers. In Way Out XII each paper can be opened in four ways in extreme close up and with the gimmick that give 12 clean outs.

The claim of 12 outs from a single piece of paper is meant for the book but somehow has been used with Way out XII , plus it seems that the trailer for the book is being used to advertise Way out XII , I have been away on a ship, just got back today to see this error.

Please reply to me ASAP as to how clear this is as I am concerned about this confusion.

Thanks,

Marc

Thanks for relating Marc's reply. In that case, the purchasers of Way Out XII did not get the complete set which they are entitled. It may go to mitigate the problem if we get a copy of the Way Out Book to complete our purchase. Upon that we can then judge whether the 12 out option is practical at all with the set of papers included with Way Out XII,which may or may not be of the appropriate specification.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Contact marc oberon directly to discuss refund options.
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
I was searching on youtube and stumbled on a way to make an 18 page "Booklet" with one piece of paper, interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAp97qd7O_g&feature=youtu.be
MMMagic29
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MMMagic29
This trick looks good.
targetintellect
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of targetintellect
I am grateful for the Magic Café because when I viewed the the video ad, I was ready to buy, but after seeing the reviews of magicians who have clarified only 4 outs for closeup, I have reconsidered purchasing. This is why this forum is great!
kaide
View Profile
New user
kuching,malaysia
25 Posts

Profile of kaide
Yea for conclusion is way out/way out XII is onli 4 out for close up, and 12 out for stage and bad angle?
correct me if I am wrong cause I am interested in this kind of tricks, I am quite new in mentalism, any others gimmick can have 4 out also?

kaide
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5828 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2014-01-02 18:01, targetintellect wrote:
I am grateful for the Magic Café because when I viewed the the video ad, I was ready to buy, but after seeing the reviews of magicians who have clarified only 4 outs for closeup, I have reconsidered purchasing. This is why this forum is great!
Well, "only 4 outs for close up" is inaccurate. Way Out XII is an improvement to the original Way Out principle combined with a pocket index so that it may cleanly be used for close up and make 12 outs a reality.

One nice outcome from the seemingly now corrected mix up of video demos is that Marc Oberon has discovered the degree of interest in what seemed an obscure handling for stage or parlor using the old gimmick from the book. The advances of the new gimmick may indeed make a close-up handling of this 12 from one sheet a possibility. Given the creativity of folks here, I'm sure someone would have worked it out quite quickly. THAT is one of the true and lasting benefits of The Café, when the collection of minds and sharing advances the art of magic rather than tearing at it, something which even I am guilty of at times.

The possibilities which Way Out XII present are staggering to me and I'm excited to see what the creative folks here develop out of it. It's as if someone came up with a TT which could hold 4 items rather than just one, and then said, "Here, what can you do with this?"
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
12 outs?

Quote:
On 2014-01-03 08:11, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
Well, "only 4 outs for close up" is inaccurate. Way Out XII is an improvement to the original Way Out principle combined with a pocket index so that it may cleanly be used for close up and make 12 outs a reality.

One nice outcome from the seemingly now corrected mix up of video demos is that Marc Oberon has discovered the degree of interest in what seemed an obscure handling for stage or parlor using the old gimmick from the book. The advances of the new gimmick may indeed make a close-up handling of this 12 from one sheet a possibility. Given the creativity of folks here, I'm sure someone would have worked it out quite quickly. THAT is one of the true and lasting benefits of The Café, when the collection of minds and sharing advances the art of magic rather than tearing at it, something which even I am guilty of at times.

The possibilities which Way Out XII present are staggering to me and I'm excited to see what the creative folks here develop out of it. It's as if someone came up with a TT which could hold 4 items rather than just one, and then said, "Here, what can you do with this?"
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5828 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Yup!
Quote:
On 2014-01-03 08:52, insight wrote:
12 outs?

Quote:
On 2014-01-03 08:11, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Way Out XII by Marc Oberon (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL