The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Way Out XII by Marc Oberon (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
WilburrUK
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of WilburrUK
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 08:08, tgplano wrote:
I bought Way Out XII expecting to be able to do 12 outs without a switch. The switch and switching device are very nice but I seldom, if ever, wear a sport coat. I have no easy way to switch. Therefore it's of little use to me. I thought I was buying, from the video, a way to do 12 outs with no switch.

I'm not happy with my purchase. I've spent a lot of money and didn't get what I expected. How typical of magic products. Over hype...Under deliver.

Ted

Is it possible to use the device in a shirt pocket? I'm not suggesting this should suddenly make you happy about it, when clearly you're not, just asking for myself and anyone else who may be interested.

And while I'm in a questioning mood, how robust are the papers, bearing in mind that they will be repeatedly unfolded, refolded and put back in the pocket device. I understand that you get 10 blanks with the Way Out XII, are there instructions to make more? refills? or is it obvious how to create your own once you have them?

Cheers,
Wil.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17126 Posts

Profile of joseph
:quote:

Is it possible to use the device in a shirt pocket?

..I have the same concern.. even a tee shirt with pocket?...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of smacks183
In my opinion, a shirt pockets would not work. Not deep/large enough and it would be obvious that your shirt pocket contained other materials.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5828 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
You are a cautious and suspicious bunch. Smile Works in jacket and shirt breast pockets. T-shirt could work if you wear your shirts loose. I know some prefer the fit of a T to be rather tight. That would telegraph that you have something in your pocket.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2014-01-09 09:39, Tom Cutts wrote:
You are a cautious and suspicious bunch. Smile Works in jacket and shirt breast pockets. T-shirt could work if you wear your shirts loose. I know some prefer the fit of a T to be rather tight. That would telegraph that you have something in your pocket.

Tom-

Many thanks as always for your helpful suggestions.

If I may ask, were you involved in this release or do you just have a good knowledge of this?

I still haven't had time to watch the DVD yet but it does look very cool after having seen the WPR.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2522 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Making more papers is not a problem. No need to purchase refills. In fact I quit buying anything that requires refills as it can just go away.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
I have the book and want to buy the paper to make the gimmick...where can I get it? Is unglazed the same as non glossy?
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Would this work with a kismet envelope?
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I own Way Out and saw the demo on WPR. Like others I believe this is an incredibly ingenious device.

But after watching the DVD and WPR I do wonder if this will fly in a close up environment. It has nothing to do with the switch or audience management or the way it is sometimes unfolded. Hard to phrase this without exposing it. Best way I can put it is the edges aren't clean. I see that extra something. And if you watched the DVD, you see it too.

I'd like to hear from someone who performs this close up. Maybe I worry too much. I do plan to make smaller billets, which I believe will help mitigate the issue.

Thanks,

D
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I'm also in the camp that may worry too much, because, yes, edges aren't clean. If you are doing magic to someone who is particularly discerning, or who may be extremely observant, the edges may appear be suspicious.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On 2014-01-09 23:25, Dan McLean wrote:
I own Way Out and saw the demo on WPR. Like others I believe this is an incredibly ingenious device.

But after watching the DVD and WPR I do wonder if this will fly in a close up environment. It has nothing to do with the switch or audience management or the way it is sometimes unfolded. Hard to phrase this without exposing it. Best way I can put it is the edges aren't clean. I see that extra something. And if you watched the DVD, you see it too.

I'd like to hear from someone who performs this close up. Maybe I worry too much. I do plan to make smaller billets, which I believe will help mitigate the issue.

Thanks,

D
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
As I accidentally noted, the edge issue is a pretty easy one to deal with - though it is a stretch to call it a problem. After I'd made up my own gimmicks, I happened to pop them into the Way Out book as bookmarks for pages I wanted to return to, and placed the book back onto my shelf. When I returned to them a few days later, they were noticeably flatter, and I think that if you store them in such a way as to keep pressure on them, you'll be fine.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Atlas
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On 2014-01-09 11:52, bunkyhenry wrote:
I have the book and want to buy the paper to make the gimmick...where can I get it? Is unglazed the same as non glossy?

Anybody??? Am I the only one actually trying to make one of these?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3746 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
The paper can be bought direct from Marc Oberons site. I don't have the URL but google Marc and his site will come up.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
The book gives some specs for the paper but is not very clear...I was just wanting help as to what paper to buy and where to get it to make my own.
pookey
View Profile
New user
Nottingham, UK
19 Posts

Profile of pookey
http://www.marcoberon-magictricks.co.uk/......0&page=1

However - I think Marc has a US based distributor... I'll ask him.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
The book teaches you how to make the folds, what I need is pointed to where to get the proper blank paper...I am making my own
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
826 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Let me pose the question this way...What is the best paper to buy to make the Way Out gimmick myself and where can I get it?
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 05:34, MagicAtlas wrote:
As I accidentally noted, the edge issue is a pretty easy one to deal with - though it is a stretch to call it a problem. After I'd made up my own gimmicks, I happened to pop them into the Way Out book as bookmarks for pages I wanted to return to, and placed the book back onto my shelf. When I returned to them a few days later, they were noticeably flatter, and I think that if you store them in such a way as to keep pressure on them, you'll be fine.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Atlas

It does help. Thanks. I'm going to try to find the time this weekend to hunt up suitable paper stock for this. I still want to make the billets smaller and I'm thinking handwritten words might be better.

Later,

D
mentalran
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mentalran
Brilliant concept!! this has become my new opener!
DazNeal
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of DazNeal
Just received my copy Way Out XII today. Having inspected everything and watched the DVD, I have to say that I'm very impressed. I'm certain that this will work in most conditions with angles not a real problem if you hold it close to your body. I don't realy see the thickness of the paper to be an issue or the switch for that matter. I do agree with Dan that having the papaers hand written is more natural. The DVD doesn't really cover a stage handling if you wanted to use larger papers. This may be explained in the book which I don't have. Perhaps someone can confirm this? Overall there's some really clever thinking here. Good one!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Way Out XII by Marc Oberon (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL