The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Types of Audiences (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
So far, any time I've seen performances of Gospel-Magic, they are done for Child-audiences. So I was wondering if anyone performs Gospel-magic for Adult-audiences. If so, would the presentations be different? If so, then how?
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
I do adult programs as well as youth programs. I use some of the same effects but of course use a more detailed adult structured patter. One of the effects is the "Jesus and the Thieves" effect sold by Laflin magic. Again I change the patter geared for an adult audience and go in depth on the salvation plan. Many effects that I use for children programs can be easily be used for adult audiences with just a change of patter. I get the same WOW effect from the adults that I do the children. It's not in knowing how to do a trick that makes it a good trick, it's all in the presentation, and that's where the change of patter comes into play changing from a children's programs to and adult program.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
I have been doing adult retreats for years. I enjoy kid Gospel shows a lot, but the adult shows give me a chance to share the Good News using different routines and messaging. I and I'm sure many others do retirement/nursing homes-ironically the residents often enjoy kid show routines. And by the way MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Depending on the venue and reason for the program, I sometimes go more in depth about my testimony.

Blessing & Love

brother Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I've shared testimony at the end of youth performances. Andre Kole shared the gospel with maybe tens of thousands of college students over the years. He closed his show with it. The presentations are different when you speak before adults. Frankly I prefer a performer puts on a great show, then presents the gospel at the end without using any magic to illustrate it with.

The gospel doesn't need magical illustrations to hit home. In some cases magic might be a distraction. Maybe it's just me. If you're sharing the gospel, do it however you like. Who am I to judge someone else's servant? I perform for people who are 13 and over. I'm repelled by many marketed gospel tricks because I would hate to give the impression there's anything cutesy about the gospel. It is the power of God for salvation. When denied, it is certain destruction. Will your presentation reflect the gravity of that situation? If your gospel presentation differs depending on the age of your audience, so will your show.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Mel Yoder
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Mel Yoder
I remember seeing the THREE-BALL ILLUSTRATION for the first time on Utube.It made such an impression on me,I immediately sought out to buy one.It is a much smaller version of the huge one Andre Kole used but I been using it at the start of most of my presentations.Its not so much a magical illusation as some of my props.Its more of an opening of what I like to speak on.How we can get back to having a personal relaitionship with God.This can speak to the adults as well as the kids.

Mel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Types of Audiences (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL