The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ash-Diary of an 8 year old schizophrenic (69 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
If you don’t make the notes , how do you guide the spec to the appropriate entries?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2019, roblane wrote:
If you don’t make the notes , how do you guide the spec to the appropriate entries?

I haven't looked at it in a while (a few years) so I would have to re-look at it, but mine is not noted.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
roblane
View Profile
Special user
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
I have just discovered another thread on here that has a link to a letter to a Dr that may well suit my needs
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
I have just discovered another thread on here that has a link to a letter to a Dr that may well suit my needs

Give me the link so I can see it if you don't mind.

Also, if I remember correctly, there is a poem that goes with the book that I think could be used to guide the spectator.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, roblane wrote:
Here ya go
http://newton.acrossthebow.com/nimh_letterhead.docx

Thanks
Kawary
View Profile
New user
Italy, Catanzaro
16 Posts

Profile of Kawary
Hello,

is someone still selling this piece?

Thank you in advance.
magic259
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of magic259
Gemini Artifacts - https://www.geminiartifacts.com/products/ash

Currently sold out.....however, it would be worth contacting Vic as he may be making them available again in the future.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Of course, your beloved undertaker always has stuff dead or out of print like this. Check your PM.
professortango
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of professortango
Quote:

I use a himber pad. Have a few people in the crowd write down dates that are important to them. Collect the pad, and turn it over to my audience participant onstage and have them select any of the dates. Don't tell me, just turn to that entry and we go from there.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2021, professortango wrote:
Quote:

I use a himber pad. Have a few people in the crowd write down dates that are important to them. Collect the pad, and turn it over to my audience participant onstage and have them select any of the dates. Don't tell me, just turn to that entry and we go from there.

Always a good choice. Should be a staple in any magician's armory.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2021, professortango wrote:
Quote:

That’s a really good idea 👍🏻
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I have used business size blank cards, switched them out as I turned from the audience toward the stage. Also have used a small tablet to do the same by turning it over. There are so many ways to get the dates. All of them good, some cheap and some expensive.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
I actually rewrote my Ash diary by hand, with Vics permission. It was a hell of a task but now it looks more like an original diary straight from a child bookshelf. This is not necessary of course as there is also a logical explanation for using a professionally bound copy. There is a video below of the performance. Apologies for the length, it is almost half an hour but if you watch the whole thing you will spot a few other bizarre props being introduced. I was able to work these into the handwritten diary so everything has a reason for being there. I also changed the names of the characters slightly so the story fitted with names and places here in Cape Town where I live.
Satire
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Satire
Thank you for sharing this, scolman! It's awesome seeing lots of little things combined into an epic performance like that. The reaction to the slates is pure gold, and you do an awesome job building the atmosphere.

Which spirit bell is that?
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Great performance. So much to like about it. The hand written diary than also includes the underneath blocks. The letter that provides the back story and ties all the effects together. Brilliant!
How long did it take you to rewrite the diary by hand, that is no small undertaking.
Bob
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2021, Satire wrote:
Thank you for sharing this, scolman! It's awesome seeing lots of little things combined into an epic performance like that. The reaction to the slates is pure gold, and you do an awesome job building the atmosphere.

Which spirit bell is that?

Thanks Satire. It’s a Wenger Bell.
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2021, Intrepid wrote:
Great performance. So much to like about it. The hand written diary than also includes the underneath blocks. The letter that provides the back story and ties all the effects together. Brilliant!
How long did it take you to rewrite the diary by hand, that is no small undertaking.

Thank you. I rewrote the diary over a few months. It was a mind numbing exercise so I didn’t do it consistently, a few pages at a time. I left some blank pages here and there so I could introduce the slates and the blocks. Once I figured out the storyline. It really is one of my favorite book tests.
Simon
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Love the integration of the blocks. Thank you for sharing this.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
The rolling glass bottle really freak them out too. Nice touch.
Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ash-Diary of an 8 year old schizophrenic (69 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 5.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL