The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Escape Plan Download (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6928 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Hey, guys. New download out now. If you like vanishing deck routines, definitely check it out.

Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o6HrojW......embedded

Yes, there are cuts in the video. However, and I know this sounds strange, but nothing has been cut out. I did break up the action a bit so that unscrupulous magicians who watch videos over and over to figure out the method wouldn't know exactly what's going on. But, really, I haven't cut out anything. Just inserted titles between certain actions.

Those of you who know me know that I don't put out misleading demos or make claims that aren't true. You also know that my stuff is very doable and "real world".

BTW, the bonus routine, Creation, will only be available for a limited time. While a stunning effect for lay people, it's all a real magician fooler. I've fooled quite a few magi with this one. Dead easy to do.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
How much sleight of hand is involved?
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
433 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Cameron, in the trailer you turn your back to the camera at one point during the action. Isn't that unusual? Do you have to turn your back to the audience while performing this?
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
682 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
That looks fantastic, Cameron!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6928 Posts

Hushai,

You turn your back to the audience while they are showing the card around to the spectators. The reason you turn away is so you don't see the card. At least, that's what they think. Smile No different than a lot of other routines out there that use this same method for the same reason.

No sleight of hand. Pretty much self working.

And thank you, Iain!
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I had worked out how this worked before I bought it.

However, I am pleased I took the plunge as the contruction of it has a touch that I would have ommited & this makes a big diference for the better.

Also, I thought the card from pocket was forced using a short card & a duplicate already in the pocket, BUT IT IS NOT ! The card from pocket could also be signed !

In other words, when you buy from Cameron, you know it is going to be practical, good & you will use it loads. It's also always even better than you thought it was going to be. NOT JUST GOOD BUT VERY GOOD.
PS. the bonus effect rocks as well.

Another Cam Fran winner.

Mike Donoghue
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Difficulty rating on a scale of 1 to 5 is ONE.

This is so easy to do & use. Just got in from a 2 hour gig at one of my residencies & it went down great.

Thanks for making my job easier Cameron.

Mike Donoghue
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27019 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2013-12-28 16:53, insight wrote:

Maybe a DoubleT if you want to make the two cards change places before the deck vanishes.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6928 Posts

Yes, as I said above, almost no sleight of hand. If you can control a card you can do this.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Meh
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6928 Posts

Okay... Thank you, Harv. A mature and informative point of view. I'm sure everyone got a lot of out your post.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Just watched the demo again. Double meh. It`s boring and confusing and I never turn my back...ever. Another trick that belongs in the ho-hum department.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6928 Posts

Right, well it's not confusing or boring but thanks for playing. Plus there are many ways you can do the trick. You can do it with one selection if you want. Don't know what I've done to you, Harv, to make you behave so rudely toward me. There are certainly more polite and constructive ways to criticize a trick.

And, I'm sorry, but you've never turned away while people are showing around a card? Really? So I guess you only do tricks where you're allowed to see the card as well...
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
682 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Turning away while someone looks at a card is perfectly natural motivation as far as I'm concerned - I've been doing it for many years!
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 11:37, Cameron Francis wrote:
Right, well it's not confusing or boring but thanks for playing. Plus there are many ways you can do the trick. You can do it with one selection if you want. Don't know what I've done to you, Harv, to make you behave so rudely toward me. There are certainly more polite and constructive ways to criticize a trick.

I agree with Cameron here also - I thought Harv was extremely disrespectful and unnecessarily rude!
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Well when I did this effect at every table for 2 hours, people seemed to think it was anything but boring.

My performance had the exact oposite effect on people. THEY THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT ! That's unless someone was paying everyone in every group to react that way.

But maybe I don't know what I am talking about as I only make my living by performiong magic every week all over the U.K.

A great release Cameron.

Mike Donoghue
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Quote:
On 2013-12-30 04:16, Iain Moran wrote:
Turning away while someone looks at a card is perfectly natural motivation as far as I'm concerned - I've been doing it for many years!
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 11:37, Cameron Francis wrote:

I agree with Cameron here also - I thought Harv was extremely disrespectful and unnecessarily rude!

Hey Iain...how are you doing? Wait, I don`t care.

Took the plunge so I could at least try it out. I like how Cameron took an old idea and made it angle proof, but I found the card to pocket part to be a distraction more than anything else and that`s what put me off. So I tried it with the deck vanishing except for the ``mentally`` selected card and the signed card and this went over really well. I also slightly changed the timing on inserting the signed card back into the ``deck`` and along with a bit of byplay with the audience this trick is a winner....two thumbs up.

Oh and as for being rude...I said I thought the trick was meh....boring and confusing. I didn`t say it was complete sh*ite or everything you put out is cr*ap. I don`t think the demo does it justice..end of story.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
682 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
Hey Iain...how are you doing? Wait, I don`t care.

Wow, Harv - you're such a nice person after all and to think I misjudged you ;-)

Like Mike, I also make my living performing magic and I agree with him that this is a real winner. I'll be using this a lot!

Iain.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6928 Posts

Happy New Year!

Recently performed the bonus effect, "Creation" at Wizardz Magic Theatre. Went over great! I didn't perform Escape Plan at that gig because I already had another closer planned but I'll try to get a live Escape Plan performance up soon as well.

Here's the live performance of Creation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqvqElUI9VU

BTW, it might be hard to tell from the video but, yes, the card comes off the top of the pile. In other words, they deal, you call out stop and take the card from the TOP of the pile (no bottom dealing). The spectator could have removed the card as well. In fact, that's what I should have done.

When you purchase Escape Plan, you get Creation for free. It will only be available as a bonus until January 5th. After that, it won't be available for a while.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4685 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks Cameron for the Creation video- that was great. And loved your performance too! After seeing the demo I ordered- wanted to get my order in before January 5th- so I could get that bonus trick - Creation. Love how in Creation it's a regular deck- great selling point IMO. I think a price tag of $12.00 for both these effects is a super price. You are always very fair with your pricing Cameron! Hope you have a great New Year!! Jump on this now folks before Creation goes away!!

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Escape Plan Download (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL