The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anderson Silva will never walk properly again. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
It was only a matter of time. Stay tuned for more heinous injuries and deaths while Dana White laughs in a jaccuzzi on his private island.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
It's just a broken ankle, it's not like he's got Parkinson's syndrome or something.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Well, ive seen this same injury first hand to someone I know.
That was over twenty years ago. And they still don't walk the same.
And they never took part in the same activity.
And he didn't have Parkinsons.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Sports have risks.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
heinous injuries and deaths while Dana White laughs in a jaccuzzi on his private island.

I think that's a bit overly dramatic.
That type of injury happens in kickboxing, thai boxing and mma.

Are you feeling that Dana White or the UFC was in some way responsible or that something was done wrong (in regards to fighter safety specifically I mean)?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
No. Not at all.
And yes, I'm aware that it happens in kicking sports.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 01:22, critter wrote:
It's just a broken ankle, it's not like he's got Parkinson's syndrome or something.

No. Not a broken ankle.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 01:39, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Sports have risks.

Especially when the referee lets one take 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, unanswered blows while one is already unconscious.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Man, sorry to hear Anderson broke his ankle or leg. I know that injury is very painful. Anderson Silva will always remain a champ to me no matter what. I do think it's about time for him to retire though. He's done a great job and has had an awesome career, but it has to eventually come to an end. Anderson Silva has nothing to be ashamed of and there is no shame in him retiring right now.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Oh don't worry. He is definitely retired.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-29 01:57, magicfish wrote:
Oh don't worry. He is definitely retired.

I have no doubt that he is. Yeah, it seems Dana makes a lot of money off these fighters and some of these fighters, some of the best that the world has ever seen, end up with life long disabilities afterwards. Many fighters I have met in the past seemed to come from impoverished backgrounds as well. This is the dark side to MMA sports, you know, injuries like these, owners making money off the fighters, fighters left with life long disabilities after their careers are over. I hope the UFC does something to look out for these fighters who suffer serious injury in the Octagon. I found this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--blamin......ded.html . It seems the UFC just started offerring an accident policy a few years back and if you didn't get it and get injured, Wow man.....
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Dana is not laughing. He and ufc have a lot of money invested in him, plus the indorsements from Nike. Dana did not look impressed one bit when he quickly put the belt on Weidman, and did not look very impressed during the post conference.They invested a lot into the myth of Anderson Silva, and tonight, it got completely shattered. No pun attended.Lo,
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Edit due to double post.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Man that was horrible. His leg looked like it was made of rubber. I hope he recovers.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 01:41, magicfish wrote:
Quote:

No. Not a broken ankle.

That was the report I read after the fight. Still, better a jacked up leg than to end up with Parkinson's syndrome like many boxers. My point was that it's still safer to be an UFC fighter than a boxer, statistically. Not to disparage either sport.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 08:56, critter wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

No. Not a broken ankle.

That was the report I read after the fight. Still, better a jacked up leg than to end up with Parkinson's syndrome like many boxers. My point was that it's still safer to be an UFC fighter than a boxer, statistically. Not to disparage either sport.

We don't know that yet.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes we do.

Fine we get it you have an agenda. We understand.

Tell us EXACTLY what Dana did that he could have or should have done differently in your mind. Oh and simply not liking the idea of the sport does not qualify as a position. That is an emotion.

Should we stop horse racing because jockeys get hurt? NASCAR? Football? Baseball? Hockey obviously needs to go, what about Soccar?

Yes you have an agenda. Yes we get it you get all weepy. What activity are you ok with people engaging in for sport?

Your individual distaste for something does not mean that it is automatically bad. Heck I detest boy bands but I don't act like this about it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-29 03:27, Danny Kazam wrote:
Dana is not laughing. He and ufc have a lot of money invested in him, plus the indorsements from Nike. Dana did not look impressed one bit when he quickly put the belt on Weidman, and did not look very impressed during the post conference.They invested a lot into the myth of Anderson Silva, and tonight, it got completely shattered. No pun attended.Lo,

This isn't about Dana, this is about Anderson Silva. Anderson Silva is an honorable warrior who is a champion and he fought with honor and he is no "myth." Show some class and respect. What happened shows the reality of the brutality of his profession. I think it's important to take the time to remember that Anderson Silva is a champion and a warrior who has fought well and with honor. He deserves respect and has earned it. It's horrible to see such terrible things happen to honorable men such as Anderson Silva, but it's the nature of his profession and sport. A very brutal sport. I hated to see it happen to Anderson and cringe and feel bad that it happened to Anderson. But Chris was also doing his job as well and he and his coaches knew his opponent quite well and so were on the lookout for Anderson's kicks in the octagon.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5006 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Heck I detest boy bands but I don't act like this about it.

That's some serious damage 'N Sync did to the concept of music.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 10:12, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 08:56, critter wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

No. Not a broken ankle.

We don't know that yet.

+1

UFC hasn't been around long enough for us to judge its safety vs. boxing's.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anderson Silva will never walk properly again. (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL