The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anderson Silva will never walk properly again. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The link above all but states it's a foregone conclusion.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yet he walks properly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Gee a rematch for big dollars? Naw. Not in the fight world!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
There won't be a rematch. Although they allowed the fight to go ahead (who really believes the result came back the next day?) Dana White won't let his cash machine become tainted, and he will hang Silva out to dry. He won't fight UFC again.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I agree with Tony. 100%.

The timing is quite suspicious. Why have a test at all if it won't come back prior to the fight? Many things about it make me suspicious.

I think Dana will take a hard line and hang the dudes out.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yet he walks properly.

What do you mean? We still talking about the Nevada Commission's vote to overturn?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Actually Sonnen's comments on the Silva thing were surprisingly reasonable. I just thought it was funny because Sonnen retired after testing positive for having blood made entirety out of a pharmacy Smile

I am really disappointed with Silva. He was in my top three favorite MMA fighters and I was so happy to think he came back strong from that horrid break. This is a gut punch

I don't think it destroys the UFC though, people still watch baseball after that debacle
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I hear ya critter. I thought this guy was superhuman. Turns out he was super drugged.
Now we'll see if White has the fortitude to do what needs to be done.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not sure he was super drugged.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I figure eventually sports will go the way of drag car racing. Different events for stock and modified.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have no idea what drugs do what.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
Yet he walks properly.

What do you mean? We still talking about the Nevada Commission's vote to overturn?

I was pointing out the title of ghee thread might have been a bit mistaken.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, critter wrote:
Actually Sonnen's comments on the Silva thing were surprisingly reasonable. I just thought it was funny because Sonnen retired after testing positive for having blood made entirety out of a pharmacy Smile

I am really disappointed with Silva. He was in my top three favorite MMA fighters and I was so happy to think he came back strong from that horrid break. This is a gut punch

I don't think it destroys the UFC though, people still watch baseball after that debacle

The reason for this is that most people, deep in the secret recesses of their hearts, couldn't care less about the drugs. They say what they think is expected of them to say, but still love the top performers, juiced or not.

Do you think a guy with the physique of Brock Lesnar built himself up unaided? Drugs are in every sport, with the possible exception of chess. Though I am sure there are substances that help there too.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tony just curious here what is your training in the human mind and the deep recesses? I only ask because this is exactly what critter studies. If he was to say it then it would sway me and I am quite interested in what he has to say.

I was wondering what you base your all encompassing pronouncement on?

And yes I know you said hearts and not minds.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Most (probably all) of baseball's confirmed dopers took a huge hit in popularity when their behavior became public. Baseball's popularity persists in spite of that, not incidental to it, because the popularity of the sport itself exceeds the popularity of its star players.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
Yet he walks properly.

I was pointing out the title of ghee thread might have been a bit mistaken.

Yes. Definitely. Silva's break, while gruesome, was obviously cleaner than my high school acquaintance's was.
It may have been more accurate to say Anderson Silva will never fight the same way again. If at all.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6688 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, critter wrote:

The reason for this is that most people, deep in the secret recesses of their hearts, couldn't care less about the drugs. They say what they think is expected of them to say, but still love the top performers, juiced or not.

Do you think a guy with the physique of Brock Lesnar built himself up unaided? Drugs are in every sport, with the possible exception of chess. Though I am sure there are substances that help there too.

I care.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
Tony just curious here what is your training in the human mind and the deep recesses? I only ask because this is exactly what critter studies. If he was to say it then it would sway me and I am quite interested in what he has to say.

I was wondering what you base your all encompassing pronouncement on?

And yes I know you said hearts and not minds.

Based on talking to sports fans after Michelle Smith (three golds and a bronze in the Olympics) got in trouble over a failed test. Many cared, many didn't. Same with Sean Kelly and Stephen Roche, both caught, both still heroes over here. Carl Lewis remained a hero in the USA. A huge portion of Olympic champions across a range of disciplines dope, and are still heroes. Same with professional footballers. A few baseballers have been caught and shamed, but we all know that many others are on the same stuff, and are lionised.

Creatine is widely used in sport, which mimics the effects of steroids, but is not considered unethical simply because it is legal. I have a feeling that if you legalized some drugs, the public resistance to them would rapidly disappear. I may be wrong; it is an opinion. It would be interesting to do an anonymous poll and see whether a few or a lot agree with me. I doubt I am alone.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I delivered a presentation on atheism to a group of about twenty recently. At the end I asked for a show of hands, and four people identified themselves as atheists.

Mingling afterwards and chatting to people over coffee and biscuits, another three or four came over and privately identified as atheists. The public show of hands showed less than a quarter atheists in the room. The private admissions later showed the figure to be far higher.

That is why I believe that deep down many agree that we need to change our thinking on drugs. But at the moment they will not shake the consensus and say it publicly. As I say, I may be wrong. But I may be right. Remember Carl Lewis.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20485 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I just like to clarify you are not speaking iof facts or studies but simply opinions and that is ok. I don't think it is bad and don't necessarily even disagree I just wonder about how you phrase things.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anderson Silva will never walk properly again. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL