The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anderson Silva will never walk properly again. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I just rewatched the entire fight and have to disagree with you on every point.

Sorry.

Additionally, holding behind the head, leaning, etc. are not part of the rope a dope technique, which consists solely of covering up and leaning back against the ropes.

And, as you know, a fighter will generally do whatever a referee will permit. So, as was pointed out earlier, it seems that if anyone who is to be criticized it would have been the official.

But again, the only one Foreman ever blamed was himself.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Yes. In retrospect I agree that my ire should be directed more towards the referee in this case.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Didn't know where to put this but I thought it was an interesting article about the fight game, so I'm just tacking it on to this thread.

http://deadspin.com/why-i-fixed-fights-1535114232
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
We'll see if he walks properly when he makes his way to the octagon in Jan for his fight with Nick Diaz.

Http://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/after-broke......az-fight

Strength and conditioning coach Rogerio Camoes said Silva is “very motivated, and this motivation makes our training evolve every day. In each training, his leg is better. It’s responding very well. Certainly we’ll get back to our goal, which is to come back 100 percent.”
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Talk about a warrior.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Talk about hype.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2013, magicfish wrote:
Well, ive seen this same injury first hand to someone I know.
That was over twenty years ago. And they still don't walk the same.
And they never took part in the same activity.
And he didn't have Parkinsons.

Silva seems to be walking, running, jumping, and kicking just fine.

Silva vs Diaz tonight.

Win lose or draw you were dead wrong about his ability to recover from the broken leg. He was walking on it ten weeks after surgery and kicking with it ten weeks after.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Good for him. Im very happy to have been proven wrong. I like to see a man return to health. Im very glad for him.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
On a different note, if I was Diaz I'd be pounding that leg into oblivion.
Hey- its a brutal sport.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Aaaaaand he's back Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
And I couldn't think of a nicer guy than Diaz to serve as the door that The Spider walked through Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, stoneunhinged wrote:
And then there is this:

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/122759......ve-drugs

Bad for Silva.

Should be a non-issue for Diaz.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Do anabolic steroids help one recover from a broken leg and return to the ring faster?
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Well the Diaz failure will surprise no one. But the Silva one is bad all around. Odd that the test was taken 3 weeks before the fight, the fight went on, and then the results are released a couple of days later. I don't know too much about that particular steroid, it may have even been doctor prescribed as part of his recovery early on, but that's irrelevant since it's considered a PED by the Vegas commission. He obviously got popped way too late in the process to blame his doctors or tie it to his rehab.

There have been a lot of failed pizz tests in the UFC lately. Dana must be pulling his hair out.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Do anabolic steroids help one recover from a broken leg and return to the ring faster?

I think it can definitely help with the muscle loss and atrophy that comes from having to stay off the leg for so long. It helps to rebuild what's been lost much quicker.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hmmmmm...interesting.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Diaz and the pot surprise me. I would think the last thing you would want is to slow yuu ourself down like that. I knew he tested before but this is strange.

As UFC expands more of people this happens obviously.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Diaz and the pot surprise me. I would think the last thing you would want is to slow yuu ourself down like that. I knew he tested before but this is strange.

As UFC expands more of people this happens obviously.

Silva on steroids doesn't surprise you? Did you suspect it all along?
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Most top athletes in most sports push the envelope when it comes to performance enhancing substances. There are two problems with this. One is that some guys have an advantage over other things. But talent, commitment, and training give advantages too. So I think this is a bit of a red herring. Lance Armstrong would not have beaten the rest of the juiced-up peloton in cycling unless he was actually better than them. The drugs were not the major factor, since his competitors were on the same stuff.

The second problem is more serious. Because drug use is clandestine, many athletes are taking inappropriate dosages, damaging their health.

I think the time has come to be adult about this. Allow drugs to be used, and allow the athletes get the best advice before having stuff injected into their system.

Silva could not have come back from his leg break without medical intervention. That includes steroids to rebuild muscle tissue. Let him have what he needs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anderson Silva will never walk properly again. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL