The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves are greedy for more (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Smile Smile
I have recently been feeding my doves "laying mash", because I was told they thrive on it, and that it is extremely nourishing. But they seem to be "asking" me for more variety in their diet. Does anyone here know if this stuff is really all that great for them, and what I could add for variety?
Smile Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5170 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I'm not sure what "laying mash" is but I use dove mix seeds exclusively. I add vitamins to the seed and water. As a treat, I add some Canary song food seed to their regular diet. This smells like licorice and my dove go wild for it.
You can always give them apples, bananas, leaf lettuce, peas, and hard boiled eggs for variety. Just a treat now and then. I give them these about once a week. Milet strips are also a good treat for them.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves are greedy for more (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL