The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Superbowl Picks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Now that the playoffs are set who do you think will be in the Superbowl?

I think Brett Farve and the Packers are on a roll and they can beat anyone they play right now.

I predict Packers vs Patriots

PACKERS ARE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!!

Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10790 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The way the Packers backed into the playoffs, it's destiny... Packers will win the Superbowl no doubt.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
I'm going with the Patriots for Superbowl Champs, and Tom Brady for MVP.
A C Spectre
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
75 Posts

Profile of A C Spectre
Peyton Manning is due to end his post season drought and when he's on there isn't a defense in the game that doesn't get the jitters. A dark horse maybe (no pun intended), but watch out for the Colts!!!

A C Spectre

Smile
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
My wife is the bigger fan in our household. Please, please let the Eagles champ out instead of chump out this year...otherwise, I may have to bury her.
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
EAGLES!!! That is if they don't choke like they always do!
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Your my boy Big Jeff, GO! PACK GO!

CHEEZE HEADS RULE!!!

From Yahoo Sports:

All but 16 Packers have experienced the postseason, led by quarterback Brett Favre, who is starting for the 18th time in the playoffs.

Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck is among 37 playoff novices on Seattle's roster.

That's why Holmgren sported one of his three Super Bowl rings during the week and invited any of his players to his office to talk about what to expect in the playoffs.

Seahawks are going home, whaaa whaaa Holmgren.... Smile Smile Smile
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
Panthers vs Patriots (unfortunately), though the safer pick would be Eagles vs Pats.

I suspect Missouri would love to see Rams vs. Chiefs.

Manning deserves to get his chance, but those darn Patriots always seem to find a way to win.

I would like to see Panthers vs. Chiefs.

That should cover most of the bases Smile I like cheese, but I'm not a Packer fan. I'm still upset with them for their role in disrupting a possible Panther/Jaguar Super Bowl a few years back. I call for a Championship rematch!

Realistically, though, after the Ravens, Cowboys (both of which I correctly predicted), Broncos, and Seahawks have been eliminated, all of the remaining teams are serious contenders in any given match-up.

I'm still waiting on the Dolphins...
20Robert04
View Profile
Regular user
Midland, MI
152 Posts

Profile of 20Robert04
I have to with Packers. I'm not a big football fan, and even lesser a Packer fan, but us midwesterners have to stick together, as long as we don't play each other.

Paul
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
It was close toooooo close but the Pack is one step closer. It is about time we won in OT this year. YEAH BABY!!! GO! PACK GO!
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
BRING ON THE BIRDS!!!

Packers played a pretty good game today. I think Seattle's plan to stop Green and make Farve beat them was stupid!! Put the ball in the hands of THE BEST QB TO EVER PLAY THE GAME, even with A BROKEN THUMB, he is better than 95% of the QB's in history.

Next to taste defeat are the Eagles and their OVERRATED QB McNabb (mr chunky soup).

Then the lambs and then the LOSER from the AFC.

I am really hoping for the Kansas City Chiefs for 2 reasons.

1) to REPEAT Superbowl 1.
2) to get revenge for the OT loss earlier this year.

The Packers are a team of Destiny this year.

GO PACKERS GO!!! Smile
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Colts you dolts!

Packers are going to run out of gas as well as luck and Manning has the hottest hand in the game right now not to mention his receivers. It is Manning's year. Go Colts!!!

By the way, I think someone needs to lay down a path of tortilla chips for Jeff to tread upon when all that cheese begins to melt from off his big head!!!

Hey, Bret Farrrrv is a future hall of famer without a doubt but better than any other QB in history ??? Not a chance. But it's nice to see such a devoted fan, may your fridge be full when the Packers go down buddy.

Peace out,

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
GlenD,

The Packers will make GLUE out of the Colts!!!

Who is better than Farve?

Peyton Manning will be good someday, but this is Farve's year.

Send me some money to fill my fridge. Smile

Bigjeff
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Lol... I think it is Favre, I was mispelling his name on purpose and you missed it and mispelled it yourself ! Smile

Who is or was better than Favre (you said he was better than any QB in history), hmmm...
Johnny Unitas
Joe Montana
Roger Staubach
Terry Bradshaw

Just to name a few, I am sure there are others. Bret was and still is good, possibly even great, but not better than any other in history.

Manning is definitely good now and time will tell if he will become great or end up in the hall of fame, etc.

No money until Packers lose!

By the way how is the cheese dip coming along???
GlenD

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
A C Spectre
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
75 Posts

Profile of A C Spectre
I have to agree with Glen on this one. If you combine all the important tests; longevity, stats and championships won, in my opinion Montana comes out as the greatest of all time. Marino is tops in two out of three of those categories but was never able to acquire one of those little rings. I don't believe you can have this argument without mentioning a guy named Elway either. Heck you'd have to include lots of folks in the argument:

Tittle
Starr
Unitas
Namath
Tarkenton
Staubach
Stabler
Bradshaw

That's just my list anyone else have someone they feel I left out?

How 'bout them Colts!!!

Smile
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Great game between the Pats & the Titans today. Both teams played tough football, in even tougher conditions. Somehow the Patriots always get the job done. And Adam Vinatieri is such an invaluable player to the team.

The Titans played well, but I felt the two calls against them at the end of the 4th quarter (intentional grounding & holding) really cost them the game. It was such a pity Drew Bennett didn't catch the last pass on 4th and 12. I felt he made some pretty great catches earlier on.

Bottomline? Patriots for Superbowl champs. Go Patriots! Smile
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Even my die hard Eagle fan wife felt the Packers out played the birds.

Alas, it gives the Eagles another chance to blow it and I won't be burying my wife this week.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Nyaaa nyaaa to all the Packer fans !!! Smile

Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
Quote:
On 2004-01-11 21:55, blindbo wrote:
Even my die hard Eagle fan wife felt the Packers out played the birds.

Yes, the Packers outplayed the Eagles...until the end when it really counted. Philly earned the win by taking advantage of the Packer's mistakes. Really sad though, as I'd have been perfect on my playoff predictions for each game so far had Green Bay won. 7-1 isn't bad though. Go Panthers!
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Nyaaa, Nyaaaa to ALL the dolts fans.

:kermit: Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Superbowl Picks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL