The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW Tenyo Elite is finally here! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
It's official guys, the new Tenyo Elite item is finally here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=259&3
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I never would have guessed the Tenyo Elite team would switch their direction so aggressively, from their original releases which were basically "solid state," to one of Tenyo's most mechanically complicated effects. I say "bravo."
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I have engineered and built a LOT of magic props from wood.
I have to say this was a near impossible challenge, for the Tenyo Elite Team to create the Zig Zag Cig from WOOD!
Unbelievable that they pulled this off and the final result looks fantastic!!
Excellent work Steve and Company!
I hope you sell out fast as you deserve it!
Looks to be a good year coming Smile

Chance Wolf
Wolfs Magic
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
What a wait! Worth waiting for!

This looks like a GORGEOUS work, and I am excited about this new release.

Very impressive, and this appears to have been a very wise choice as an Elite release.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
$250?? They have to be kidding.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well look at the kind of money that the collectible & limited Magic Wagon products get? Right? Just sayin.

I don't disagree with what you say as the price is a little spendy for me, but the collectors seem to love this stuff.

Note that one of the first posts on this thread is from someone (Wizard) who I think knows this stuff inside and out and can better comment than I.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Very kind of you saysold1.

Yes emyers99, it does seem like a lot of money for a small prop, but let's not confuse cost with value and worth.

First, consider the legwork and research put into launching this single effect...dealing internationally with Tenyo's politics and the associated legalities, plus re-engineering the piece to work in wood verses plastic. It all takes time which equals money that should be recouped by the Tenyo Elite team...it is a business after all.

If you look at other micro-magic product-lines with similarly limited runs, e.g. Magic Wagon, you'll find this effect's cost to be well-within the industry standard if not under-priced for the complex prop that it is. I have not yet seen the prop, but as a lover of the original plastic version, I am totally amazed that Tenyo Elite pulled this off in wood.

Let me also say that I have absolutely no affiliation with this product or Tenyo Elite. I'm just a fan and collector who believes they have a great mission in re-inventing these micro-magic miracles. If this product is a sign of things to come from Tenyo Elite, we have some things to look forward to.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Looks spectacular. The fact that the spec can sign the middle piece is a great convincer, but the flash restoration looks plenty convincing on its own.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Quote:
On 2013-12-30 19:07, emyers99 wrote:
$250?? They have to be kidding.

I hope you meant that it in a way that it should cost MORE or in some way a deal...otherwise...
you can spend a week or two months in my shop and see just how much goes in to creating something like this.

There is no way in hell I could make this for this price and given I know just how much goes into this particular effect...it's a BARGAIN!
The original was injection molded plastic. Once the molds are done..BLAM! They are knocked out at ridiculous speeds.
Therefore...it cost $20 or so.
BUT...and it is a BIG BUTT...to make the same parts in WOOD is almost unheard of.
Incredibly difficult and time consuming as the components have thin walls and complicated structuring.
People really need to not try to put quality magic in the same pile as the India crap or mass produced magic.
It is apples and oranges....God I hate that saying but it's true.

Not to sound like I am jumping on you but really, please respect the massive amount of time and money people out into creating these high end products.
Or...you can stick to the $20 model and be happy as a clam.
Just do not berate those who take the time to produce QUALITY magic in a magic world full of imported crap.
:)
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Being this is made of wood and the part's
are small and complex.Will this product be
able to hold up to everyday use.Just wondering.
Todd
Spicoli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Spicoli
Looks very nice! It's a little out of my budget, but I may bite the bullet and get this for a cigarette routine I'm working on. Loved the original, but hate "plastic" props. This looks to be a very cool little piece!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks for the comments guys.

Bowers, this built to collect but also to perform. It has been constructed with superior strength and integrity to hold up to rigorous handling and performances.

In regards to Mr. Myers price complaint, Wizard of OZ and Chance Wolf hit the nails on the head. It's obvious that Mr.Myers has a lack of knowledge pertaining to what it takes to Research, develope and build something like this, so I can't hold that against him. But he did say the Trick was $250 and it is not. The correct retail price is $225, I can only assume Mr. Myers added the cost of shipping to the retail price to make it sound more to further his complaint. If you pick it up from us or a magic shop there would be no shipping charges and the price would be $225.
Also I might add that if you order more then one Tenyo Elite item or any combination thereof, all additional units ship for Free!

Thanks to all who ordered, we are about 50% sold out of the first run in less then 24 hours Smile the support has been amazing!

Thanks for your time Smile
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Padraig Moyles
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Padraig Moyles
Well this is massive jump in complexity from previous Tenyo Elite items.

Congrats guys you really knocked it out the park with this one.

And if you can build this you can build anything.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Our INTERNATIONAL shipping options for this particular trick through Canada Post (our company shipping carrier) consists of airmail for aporoximately $20 but does not come with tracking or insurance and has no time guarantee. And the other affordable option is Tracked Parcel which is $50(on average ranging from $47.60 to $55.40) for overseas delivery but includes insurance to cover the trick incase of loss or damage, but also comes with tracking. We will not ship this product unless we can provide insurance, tracking and delivery confirmation. Which is also a new rule with Paypal to protect the sellers(and the buyers) from fraud. This is the method we use. The trick is worth too much just to toss in the mail with no protection or tracking).
Please note that shipping with in Canada and the USA is only $25. And if you order more than 1 Tenyo item or any combination thereof, the additional units ship FREE!

Also if you knew what it takes to Research , develope and build these, you would understand the price isn't horrible at all and actually on the low end of the industry standard for high end wooden magic effects like this.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello al:

Thanks Padraig Moyles for that observation. What you wrote ("And if you can build this you can build anything.") is essentially what our manufacturer said about this trick. The Zig Zag Cig is not only one of Tenyo's most popular tricks, but it is also one of the most complicated to reproduce. Once you get this in your hands, I think you will be blown away!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Thank you Moyles!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
Will the new item be sold only on the Elite website or other magic sites??
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
This will become a collector's item for sure.
Todd
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I'm really excited about this release as even Tenyo themselves didn't think this would be possible in wood. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the orders, we are approaching 75% sold out of the first run in just 2 days! So thank you all so much for the support! So if you want one of these be sure to act fast before they are sold out.

The zig zag cig was one of the first magic tricks I bought when I visited my first magic shop in Toronto when I was just a little boy over 30 years ago(Browser's Den of Magic). I remember being completely fooled by it, and on the way home in my parents car, I sat in the back seat just zigging and zagging the little styrofoam cig that came with the trick, not really knowing the inner workings, just that it looked so convicing and real! It got me hooked on magic! So releasing this trick in an Elite form has special meaning to me.

We met Hiroshi Kondo the inventor of this and many Tenyo Tricks and he is also the current Vice President of Tenyo Japan, and he brought with him the original prototype he made at his house with peices of red and black plastic held together by tape, and he even performed the trick for us using the prototype he made back in the 1970's. How cool is that?! As that was a trick that further peaked my interest in magic when I was a little boy, you can imagine what a thrill this was for me(and all of us).

Below is a picture of us with the original Zig Zag Cig prototype!

From left to right: Hiroshi Kondo, Peter Loughran, Jason Palter, Steve Brooks.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW Tenyo Elite is finally here! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL