The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Productivity Product Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
So, I'll preface this by saying I sold my iPad for an iPad mini last year so it would be more portable, then upgraded to the mini Retina when it came out short while ago. I've got to say that I love it and find myself going nowhere without it. However, I also find myself typing quite a bit on it and as much as I love capacitive touch screens, typing anything long form can be a little bit of a chore.

Well, I just found the answer (for me, anyway). It's a bluetooth keyboard by Zagg, made specifically for the iPad mini. It acts as a cover when closed, then opens as a bluetooth keyboard. What's cool about this and different from all the others, is the hinge that holds the iPad like a laptop screen. It blew me away.

I'm always looking for ways to improve my business and any productivity improvement is a huge plus for me. This keyboard/cover lets me have a real keyboard without the extra bulk of a real keyboard.

I've found that I have become so much more productive in the short time I've had it, so I took a pic of how it looks when being used and wrote a medium sized (600-ish word) review on many facets of the keyboard in the hopes that someone else who uses an iPad mini might get some wisdom from it:

http://sullysbrain.com/review-zaggs-ipad......rd-cover

Let me know what you think (I'm also trying to improve my writing skills, so any tips on my writing would also be appreciated!)

Warm regards,
Scott
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Scott,

My wife has an I-Pad 3 and she has had the Zagg Keyboard for about 2-years now and loves it. For Christmas I just purchased the Zagg with a Light-Up Keyboard and Keys that you can change to 7-different colors. It also has Bluetooth Connectivity which is great.

Zagg makes a very good product.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I have the Zagg with light-up keys. It's far better than trying to use the on-screen keyboard, but it is still challenging typing on that little keyboard (I also have a iPad mini). My most frequently used laptop has a 92% keyboard, so I am constantly adjusting myself to accommodate the keyboard I am using.I find that my iPad has a tendency to work its way loose from the keyboard occasionally. This slippage might be due to the screen protector is am using. I also find that it causes a slight abrasion/bubbling of the screen protector in the two areas where the keyboard grips the iPad.

Overall it's a good device (especially since I got my iPad for free using hotel points! All I purchased was the screen protector and keyboard). I use it a lot just for the stand when I am watching a movie while on a plane.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Productivity Product Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL