The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » KADAR deck of playing cards Designed by Christopher J Gould (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Slartibartfaust
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfaust
As I posted in the other thread re: these

Wow
another must have, just need to decide how deep to go in regards to backing
really looks like exceptional work
There is much wonder in the Great White North
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
These are the only cards I've ever backed on kickstarter. Really unique.
Boudje
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of Boudje
Each back has something sneacky?

This sentence is explained somewhere?
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Boudje it might be referring to a marked back design Smile
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Quote:
On 2014-01-13 12:35, The Greek wrote:
Espkeith wait until you see the card case Chris has been working on.

Can't wait. He's been great with keeping the updates coming, so I suspect I'll be seeing that soon...I hope. Smile
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Espkeith you will find that it is me posting the updates on Kickstarter lol
Boudje
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of Boudje
Quote:
On 2014-01-15 05:32, The Greek wrote:
Boudje it might be referring to a marked back design Smile

That's what I was thinking...

Hum, I should then may be order a brick Smile

The cards look really nice.
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Upping my bid. I want the poster and the three decks. These will go lovely with the original set. Love my Kadar.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
There is so much possibility hidden in these cards--I hope Chris gives at least a few hints to promote their deeper abilities. This is even better than the 5 Kadar cards. You don't have to do "readings" to appreciate a greater understanding and empathy with your audience participants. It is simply impossible for anyone under the performing umbrella of "magic" to not be very, very happy with the product. Quote me!
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
This is the latest update posted.

Hot off the press! We've just added two, new pledge tiers to the Kadar Cards Kickstarter campaign. These are for people who would like to use their cards as more than a 'normal' deck of playing cards; either as a Magician or a Reader. What you get in addition to a deck of cards is a booklet which details the specifics of your chosen path (Magician or Reader). More information about each of these booklets is below.
If you've already pledged for one or more Kadar decks, and you are interested in one of the booklets, all you need to do is increase your existing pledge by £6.

The Books of Kadar.

The Kadar Cards are a deck of Poker Cards with unique properties. They can be used effectively for traditional ‘fortune telling’ without any recourse to deception or traditional magical thinking. In a parallel universe they can be used by the magician to ensure an accurate reading by using standard magical thinking. In addition, the meanings given to the cards can be used to transform traditional card magic to give it more depth and meaning. So there are two ways to approach the Kadar Deck; two pathways you can take.

The Magician’s Path. This is aimed at the person who is interested in magical performance. Whether this is just performing casually for friends or professionally in walk around and stage magic; the emphasis here is on entertainment. The Magicians Introductory Book of Kadar. This book will look at the Kadar Reading System. We start by looking at the meaning of the cards and the deceptively simple manner for remembering them. This is followed by explaining the tools that you can use to glean information from the person you are reading. This is followed by a number of experiments, ideas and full routines which will give you a hands on experience of working with the Kadar Principle. Finally, we will look at how the system can be used to enhance traditional card magic; to inject meaning into your magic and create an emotional connection with your audience. You should be able to perform you first Kadar Effect pretty much out of the box, but with each routine you perform you will be taken deeper into the technique and soon you will be performing routines that will truly astonish your audience. The system can be used for just a bit of simple fun in a social context, or for the casual or professional magician.

The Reader’s Path. The Kadar Cards can be used for genuine readings. On the surface, the cards look innocent and playful, and that is the intention. However, they are built upon a lifelong study of the Western Tradition of Magick and are based upon principles that should be familiar to the working psychic. Although there are parallels with the Tarot, and particularly ‘gypsy fortune telling’ with cards, you will find that learning and memorising the system is almost effortless and intuitive. The cards can be used for quick-fire readings, or you can go into deeper one-to-one readings. The cards also fuse contemporary psychology into the mix and can be used for effective personal growth or as an aid to self-realisation for those you are working with. The cards are relentlessly optimistic; there are no Death and Devils cards for you to awkwardly explain away. The system is based on a sound philosophy. There is no such thing as negative energy; just blocks to the flow of positive energy. The Kadar system identifies these blocks and by doing so - removes them. Each reading ends with a positive affirmation to empower the sitter and a practical exercise to ensure future growth. The System is just as useful for individual exploration, casual reading and for the professional reader. This book will start with an introduction to the symbolism and sure-fire methods of easily committing it to memory. We will then look at a series of exercises, meaningful ‘games’ and ideas, ending with an explanation of a full reading. These books will introduce the system for whichever path you choose. At the end you will be confident in working with the Kadar Cards and will be able to use them fluidly, flexibly and to great effect. For advanced students, each pathway will have a further book available later in the year.

These books will go into exhaustive depth and take your work with the Cards to its ultimate level.

Readers will find it unsettling that magicians can use the decks for magical performances. Magicians will find it unsettling that there is something of a genuinely mystical undercurrent to the work. This is why the two paths are being kept separate. Each path leads to the same endpoint; understanding both paths will settle any doubts that you may have.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
826 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I upped my pledge to get these two books.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
I will be pledging but will have to be next week when I get paid as I want a few decks. I'd love to these out after a dinner party. Play a game of Texas Hold 'em and the winner "wins" their fortune.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

How do I up my pledge to keep my 2 decks and add the two books? This doesn't appear to be an option.
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Hi Paul

You just increase your total amount to accommodate your addons. For example, if you want the two books, you increase your total amount by £12.

Did you see the new update regarding the custom case. this is so beautiful.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
The case looks amazing. Upped my pledge. I need this in my life!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1372 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-23 08:40, The Greek wrote:
Hi Paul

You just increase your total amount to accommodate your addons. For example, if you want the two books, you increase your total amount by £12.

Did you see the new update regarding the custom case. this is so beautiful.

Cheers

On it now. Case looks great.
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Might have to up my pledge to get a brick. So much that can be done with these, I feel.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
I do not want to cross post, so just to let everyone know that I have opened a thread on the Spooky Forum where I have put forward a lot more details on this project and will make myself available to answer any questions.
cheers
Christopher J Gould
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just backed it, cant wait, great looking cards.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Thanks George just over a week to get the word out.
Anyway, I meant to put a direct link up there.
Here is is...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=14&8
This should tell you all you need to know, if not you can ask me directly.
cheers
Chris
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » KADAR deck of playing cards Designed by Christopher J Gould (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL