The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AT THE TABLE: LIVE Michael Ammar just $1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1494 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Quote:
On 2014-02-08 08:52, Merlin wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-08 08:26, Cameron Francis wrote:
I thought the serial number trick was fantastic. Plus the insights were just great. I don't know. Maybe it's my age but these days I'd rather see a handful of really good tricks and hear loads of great advice.

I would have paid $30.00 just for the serial number trick. I really only had the chance to watch that part because of the problem of logging in, but I will download the whole lecture.

But from what I did watch, it was great. Was it me, or does he say "You Know" quite often?

Phil

I would have gave you that one for 15.00
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 21:24, John McLaughlin wrote:
Well for me it was well worth $1 just to see his updated take on the coin switch, I've been playing with a few of them (mainly the Garrett Thomas version which is practically invisible,but I think this is the one I"m gonna stick with.

When did he do the coin switch, at the very end? I left off at the place where he was going to do a Dai Vernon card thing. I was stuck on practicing Crazy Man's Handcuffs, and the snapped and restored rubber band for days.
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 19:31, magicjoe wrote:
My download from penguin does not work! I read that they had problems during the live feed but why can't I watch it. I got it through penguin all my penguin lectures work but It won't load. It started for about 1min then nothing. Also it does not look like its in HD. Did anyone else have this problem?
Please help.

I had a problem with the download skipping, and so forth. I got mine from Vanishing Inc. However watching the live stream worked perfectly.
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
He did the coin change when he did the pencil through coin.
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 10:49, TCB wrote:
I had a problem with the download skipping, and so forth. I got mine from Vanishing Inc. However watching the live stream worked perfectly.

Hi TCB,

Are you watching the video online? It's a long download so is probably buffering. I would suggest downloading it to your computer and then it will play all the way through without buffering.

Feel free to email us at any time. Our email address is magic@vanishingincmagic.com

Thanks!

Vanishing Inc. [Andi]
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3545 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I really loved this one! What really struck me was the value I got from Michael's people skills related to magic. I loved his thinking on starting with an audience by making deposits to the relationship bank and I really enjoyed some of his impromptu effects. I also really liked his evolution of the pencil through coin. I have been doing that same routine with almost the same handling (learned from Dave Williamson who I believe learned it from Michael Ammar). I had not seen this effect ever until now, and the preparation is a bit more than your typical pencil through coin.
KJ
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 11:22, VanishingInc wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 10:49, TCB wrote:

Hi TCB,

Are you watching the video online? It's a long download so is probably buffering. I would suggest downloading it to your computer and then it will play all the way through without buffering.

Feel free to email us at any time. Our email address is magic@vanishingincmagic.com

Thanks!

Vanishing Inc. [Andi]

Hi Guys I downloaded my copy at work on their network. That may have something to do with it. I could play the streaming video at home clear as a bell, so I didn't bother to try downloading it again. That video stays up to watch as long as we want right?
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 10:51, mysticalsales wrote:
He did coin change when he did the pencil through coin.

Really, Guess, I'll have to go back to that area of the video. I was so confused by his explanation of why he didn't yet want to reveal his pencil through coin, that I may have missed coin change Smile What the heck was he saying? Something about a special metal he was using, and it was way too complicated to try to explain at this point. I was like Whaaaaat?
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 19:33, 1KJ wrote:
I really loved this one! What really struck me was the value I got from Michael's people skills related to magic. I loved his thinking on starting with an audience by making deposits to the relationship bank and I really enjoyed some of his impromptu effects. I also really liked his evolution of the pencil through coin. I have been doing that same routine with almost the same handling (learned from Dave Williamson who I believe learned it from Michael Ammar). I had not seen this effect ever until now, and the preparation is a bit more than your typical pencil through coin.
KJ

How do you have it when he said he hasn't quite cracked the code yet. You are saying this effect is available right now?
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
I think over all the lecture was great. I grabbed onto the rubber band slights, and practiced them endlessly for days. I got the Crazy Mans Handcuffs to where I don't even have to think, just do it. That's when you know you are ready to perform something. I went into Home Depot, and while checking out did CMH to two young Hispanic girls that were at the register working. The one girl's reaction was precious. She said "something is weird with those rubber bands". So I handed her the rubber bands, and she stood there with them on her fingers, trying to figure out how to make the rubber bands pass through each other. I stood there , and watched her with a smile on my face thinking "Aint Magic Great"
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Quote:
I went into Home Depot, and while checking out did CMH to two young Hispanic girls that were at the register working.

Why do you highlight your audience's ethnicity, TCB?

Maybe you should also specify the ethnicity of the handcuffs effect: Would you call them Crazy White Man's Handcuffs? Crazy Hispanic Man's Handcuffs? Etc?
Incognito
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Incognito
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 00:58, duanebarry wrote:
Quote:
I went into Home Depot, and while checking out did CMH to two young Hispanic girls that were at the register working.

Maybe you should also specify the ethnicity of the handcuffs effect: Would you call them Crazy White Man's Handcuffs? Crazy Hispanic Man's Handcuffs? Etc?

He was just being descriptive, not offensive or racist. His post reads as a sincere attempt to accurately tell his story.

Your post on the other hand reads as nit picky and annoying.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
As public performers, we will all benefit from recognizing when we display casual racism, since it will alienate some portion of our audiences.

Recognizing it is necessary if we would like to avoid it.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
[/quote]
He was just being descriptive, not offensive or racist. His post reads as a sincere attempt to accurately tell his story.

Your post on the other hand reads as nit picky and annoying.
[/quote]

I totally agree with ingognito. I was in no way making a racist statement. I was just discribing the scene in the most discriptive way possible . People have a tendency to do that in the telling of a story. We feel it gives the listener a better total picture of the situation. Like someone might say, there was this elderly lady on the bus, and she dropped her packages, or there was this big white biker dude with a beard guarding the door. I think Duanebarry's post was a little caustic, judgemental. and not well thought out. However I will take it under advisment that some people are offended at the mention of a person's ethnicity.
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Acar

If you read this thread I PM you.
Thanks!!
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 10:51, mysticalsales wrote:
He did the coin change when he did the pencil through coin.

Ah Ok Mystic, I see what you meant now. His switch to bring the gi*****ed coin in and out. Pretty simple and easy.
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
Quote:
Quote:

Hey duanebarry, since he described them as "girls" why didn't you call him out for being sexist? Should the handcuff effect be called Crazy Person's Handcuffs? Omg, he also referred to them as "young." Isn't that ageist?

There is a major difference between being descriptive and being derogatory/discriminatory. The mere mention of race, age, sex, etc should not be a negative trigger point.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
If this was supposed to be in a 'talk show' style format then let the guest talk! I found Joshua Jay to be dismissive/mildly abrasive and disrespectful as a host with his frequent interruptions. For god's sake we've all tuned in to hear the guest so let him speak. If he wants to tell stories from his career etc. then let him and have the decency to show him the respect he deserves.

This will be the last 'At The Table' I'll be watching...even if it is only a buck.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Quote:
On 2014-02-19 11:00, inhumaninferno wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey duanebarry, since he described them as "girls" why didn't you call him out for being sexist? Should the handcuff effect be called Crazy Person's Handcuffs? Omg, he also referred to them as "young." Isn't that ageist?

There is a major difference between being descriptive and being derogatory/discriminatory. The mere mention of race, age, sex, etc should not be a negative trigger point.

Many white folks, when describing an interaction with non-whites, generally have a strong tendency to highlight that non-whiteness.

For some strange reason, that non-whiteness seems very important to them -- it's so important that they make sure to mention it.

And then they deny it's important.

Why?
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
532 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On 2014-02-20 00:38, duanebarry wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-19 11:00, inhumaninferno wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Many white folks, when describing an interaction with non-whites, generally have a strong tendency to highlight that non-whiteness.

For some strange reason, that non-whiteness seems very important to them -- it's so important that they make sure to mention it.

And then they deny it's important.

Why?

Without knowing his intent, I think it is unfair to say that it is casual racism. I took it as just being descriptive, the same as if someone would say tall or short, white or black, fat or skinny, etc.

From reading your last reply, I wonder if you would have still made that comment if you didn't know that TCB was white?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AT THE TABLE: LIVE Michael Ammar just $1 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL