The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AT THE TABLE: LIVE Michael Ammar just $1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Quote:
On 2014-01-04 18:06, marD wrote:
This is a great deal. The one concern I have for the others is how much overlap will there be with those that have already done Penguin Live lectures? I've got Danny's and Jon Armstrong's from Penguin, and would be interested in how different these lectures will be....

Hey!

We're working with the artists to ensure the material taught is original to any previous online lecture they have performed. Should be little to no overlap.

-Kyle
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Quote:
On 2014-01-04 15:50, Torquay22 wrote:
So who is actually running the event as it seems a lot of dealers are selling this, if it is a lot of dealers surely that can only be a good thing
1. more magic shops will stay open in future
2. we get access to more live lectures from lecturers all around the globe

Hey there!

Murphy's is running & producing the event. Joshua Jay will be hosting first event wilth Michael Ammar!

-Kyle
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Exciting about Josh Jay being involved! Hope he gets his own lecture down the road ..
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Very cool! I'm a huge fan of the terrific Penguin Live lectures, and am glad to see that the offerings are expanding with other producers coming in. I'm in! Smile
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
This is the biggest bargin in magic. $1 is a total no brainer.
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Hey guys!

I wanted to let you know a little more about the Ammar lecture!

If you've seen seen Michael Ammar lecture before, at a convention or magic club you know how good it is but this is going to be amazing! . Michael is going to perform some things he has never lectured on before, and will also speak candidly with host Joshua Jay about his career, advice for other magicians, philosophy on creativity, what the future holds for magic and Michael, and more. We'll ask him about his time with Vernon, what's is like to perform in exotic countries, and what excites him MOST about magic in 2014. This will be up close, personal, and a riveting two hours.

I'm crazy excited for this!

-Kyle
Spicoli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Spicoli
The $1 lecture may go hand-in-hand the best bargain in magic other than the Reel Magic $5 deal.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Hi Kyle,

Was wondering if you can answer some questions about the "At The Table" lectures. But first, I wanted to say a big thank you for Murphy's not only offering the Ammar lecture at a $1 but for working with other magic retailers to have it available through them. Now for the questions.

Will Murphy's be the only vendor where future lectures will be available for viewing/downloading? If not, will other retailers also have the season pass available?

What kind of quality can we expect with the downloads, will it be on par with Penguin's lectures?

Will any type of DRM be applied? The reason I ask is because in the past I have purchased DVD downloads from different sites and not only is there DRM but it forces the screen size to be much smaller and on top of that the image quality is pretty bad. Check this post/thread if you're interested in an example.

Anyways, thanks for your time. I was considering buying a season pass but was curious about a few things. Also wanted to give you kudos on your review site and the Q&A sessions that you post on youtube. I haven't been able to catch up to the latest ones (my magic backlog for viewing is so big) but these videos Murphy's have done are appreciated.
magicmichelle
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of magicmichelle
Hello,
I wanted to jump in because although I'm not a magician, I work at Murphy's and I wanted to make sure you got your answers.

All Murphy's dealers carrying downloads can sell the Ammar lecture, each of the individual lectures (Garcia, England, Pandrea and Armstrong) as well as the entire season.

All lectures are filmed in HD so I think everyone will be extremely happy with the quality. But for a $1, test it out! Can't wait to hear what YOU think.

No DRM is being applied. There is some security measures being taken but it should NOT affect your experience or the screen size in the way you indicated. The system we are using was created from the ground up, and has been tested extensively.

I hope you consider purchasing the season pass or some of the other individual performers. It really is a great value. Feel free to ask your Murphy's dealer with your other season pass questions, or I'm happy to help.

Thanks for your questions. Glad to hear you are enjoying the Unwrapped Reviews. Hopefully you can win one of the new releases on the Monday facebook contests.
Michelle Quinn
Murphy's Magic Supplies
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
I had to read the title TWICE because I thought this was a joke. For $1.00, this is the deal of the CENTURY! I can't wait for February 5th to get here!
- EddieM
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Thanks, Michelle! Much appreciated. I've already pre-ordered the Ammar lecture but will probably get the season pass as well. I've found that these lectures have been a great resource. The tricks are great but the real treasure is hearing tips and advice on the other aspects of magic.
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 11:34, Robert P. wrote:
Hi Kyle,

Was wondering if you can answer some questions about the "At The Table" lectures. But first, I wanted to say a big thank you for Murphy's not only offering the Ammar lecture at a $1 but for working with other magic retailers to have it available through them. Now for the questions.

Will Murphy's be the only vendor where future lectures will be available for viewing/downloading? If not, will other retailers also have the season pass available?

What kind of quality can we expect with the downloads, will it be on par with Penguin's lectures?

Will any type of DRM be applied? The reason I ask is because in the past I have purchased DVD downloads from different sites and not only is there DRM but it forces the screen size to be much smaller and on top of that the image quality is pretty bad. Check this post/thread if you're interested in an example.

Anyways, thanks for your time. I was considering buying a season pass but was curious about a few things. Also wanted to give you kudos on your review site and the Q&A sessions that you post on youtube. I haven't been able to catch up to the latest ones (my magic backlog for viewing is so big) but these videos Murphy's have done are appreciated.

Hey man!

I know Michelle answered your questions but I just wanted to say that the the quality from what I've seen in test runs has been amazing! I'm very excited for this!

-Kyle
magicmichelle
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of magicmichelle
Robert,
I'm glad you signed up. I look forward to hearing what you think of the first one after it airs. Everyone is putting a lot of work into this. Ammar is really committed to this lecture. As it gets closer more specifics will come out, I hope everyone takes advantage of this opportunity, especially for $1.
Michelle Quinn
Murphy's Magic Supplies
magicmichelle
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of magicmichelle
Oh, if it wasn't clear ALL of the lectures will take place the first Wed of every month at 4 PM, PST. So make sure you reserve the first Wed of every month in your schedule. And get your seat reserved with any Murphy's download dealer today!
Especially with the integrated chat function, you are going to want to watch these live.

If not, no worries, these will be available as downloads with your purchase as well without the live chat of course.
Michelle Quinn
Murphy's Magic Supplies
cardcrazy
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of cardcrazy
Maybe I missed it earlier, but how long are these At the Table lectures typically going to be?
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Quote:
On 2014-01-12 01:15, cardcrazy wrote:
Maybe I missed it earlier, but how long are these At the Table lectures typically going to be?

The lectures are aimed to be a tight jam-packed 2 hours long!

-Kyle
Gabe Asher
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Gabe Asher
At $1 a piece, don't you expect literally 1000 or more people?

It should be an amazing event! I'm working on my questions right now!!

Ad it's only a buck!!!
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
The lecture will be hosted by Joshua Jay who I'm sure will ask as many questions as possible. Josh is a great host and will ask all important relating questions to the lecture, I'm sure small questions like "what's your favorite color" may not be asked but the relevant questions will.

-Kyle
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Hey guys,

I just read about some of the brand NEW stuff Michael will be teaching and it sounds awesome!

What is in the Michael Ammar Live Lecture

In this two hour live event, you'll see lots of tricks, Michael will take your questions, and he'll even delve into things you may have NOT seen him do at conventions or lectures. Like:

Broken and Restored Screen: This is Michael's newest "go-to" impromptu effect. Borrow someone's phone and crack the glass on the screen. SHOW THEM graphic detail how the broken screen looks and feels...then magically restore the phone and hand it back to them. Michael will discuss how he developed this effect, how a packing bubble can enhance the illusion, and how you can make the simple gimmick needed to perform.

Rubber Band Jam: Michael Ammar does Crazy Man's Handcuffs—a rubber band penetration—better than anyone alive. It's likely you do this effect as well. But we're going to go over several fine points that he has never tipped before, and how Richard Ross influenced his presentation in ways you haven't realized. We'll talk about Ammar's concept of the "delayed revelation" that can be applied to countless effects you already do.

Pencil Through Coin: This is NOT the version you know. Michael Ammar consulted on a television special where this effect was used, and the method is FANTASTIC and NEW—new as in "brand new," never before lectured on. Mr. Ammar will use his "At the Table" performance to debut this effect and its unusual handling to the magic community.

Hardcore Card Jam: Michael Ammar has chops—great chops, and he has had great teachers. We rarely get to see Michael's chops up close because he often performs for groups of 50, 100, or 1000 people at a time. Well, on February 5th, we'll see him up close and personal, with camera work that will get each of us within inches of his hands. He'll give us a masterclass on the Side Steal, some palms, and more.

He will discuss his theory of "Technical Alchemy," the idea that the best ideas are often stripped down to the irreducible minimum, so that the only actions, words, and movements included in an effect play some positive role.

I'm really excited to see the cracked cell screen!

-Kyle
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
I just want to let everyone know that because MJM Magic is one of the dealers offering this fantastic lecture, I was able to take part in a behind-the-scenes test of how it's going to happen. All I can say is, WOW! This is going to be good!

There are multiple cameras on the set to cover a variety of angles. The set looks very professional, and the video streaming quality on our website was HD quality. Granted, I was testing it out from a laptop on a Cable connection, but others were using their iPads and it looked just as amazing. The audio was perfect, and we experienced no lagging or connection issues.

The chat box is also a nice touch, allowing users to type in questions for the moderator, and they will be selected to have Michael address them. Overall, I am very pleased with how smoothly this is going, and it looks like this is going to be a fantastic turnout for the February 5th Lecture. I imagine there will be at least 500+ people watching this thing (or even more at this price)!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AT THE TABLE: LIVE Michael Ammar just $1 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL