The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AT THE TABLE: LIVE Michael Ammar just $1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Got it from Penguin. do I just hit play and it will start?
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Have no idea where to actually log on
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Starts in 15 minutes! I just wanted to inform any Café members who happened to purchase this through MJM Magic that I will be online and available to help out with any technical issues you may have. Just go to our site and click the Live Help button located on the bottom right hand side of our site if you need assistance. I just wanted to make that clear, since it's faster than sending us an email (and I won't be here on the Café during the lecture to read any messages).

Woohoo! I can't wait for this!!!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
122 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 02:26, Saturn Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-04 17:58, virtualwizard wrote:
So this will available at Saturn Magic as a download AFTER the lecture?

Hi

Yes it will but jump in and order because the price goes up a week or so after the lecture.

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/a......ad-.html

Thanks!
Mike the Magician
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Acar
VernonOnCoins, the lecture is available right in your MyPenguinMagic area like everything else at Penguin.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/penguinlearn.php
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5379 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Bummer! I am not able to access. Has it started yet?
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 19:14, Magiguy wrote:
Bummer! I am not able to access. Has it started yet?

Your are not the only one...
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I watched it for about an hour having bought it from MJM Magic. Then my computer battery died and I lost the connection. I plugged in the computer, reloaded the page, and now I can't get the stream again. What I saw was low-key and good, done in a kind of talk show format with Michael sitting with Josh Jay at a table. Covered in the first hour were the four effects Ammar did on Letterman, a handling for pen through quarter (with a tease for a new, additional gimmick that Ammar may have finished next year), and a simple "find a card" effect using a side steal. I'll have to watch the rest on download.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 19:11, Acar wrote:
VernonOnCoins, the lecture is available right in your MyPenguinMagic area like everything else at Penguin.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/penguinlearn.php

Actually it's not, at least not for me. It asks me to log in with the Email address and the password that was emailed to me when I made the purchase, which of course I did not receive one. When I type in my Email address and password for Penguin, it tells me that it is sorry but my Email address is not in the system.

I don't really mind being able to watch it later as a download, but this is really sub par and I will probably not order the rest of the series.

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Acar
There appears to be something wrong with the live stream reliability. Just try refreshing a few times. That's what I'm recommending to all our customers.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Acar
Robert, that's not actually our site asking you to login. That's a technical error. That "email / password" page is what is showing up when the live stream fails to load.

Try refreshing 5-10 times. It should work.

Sorry, this isn't an elegant solution, but I'm afraid it's out of my hands.

PS: GREAT TO MEET YOU AT MAGI-FEST!
DAB
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of DAB
Magicguy and tmoca, which dealer did you purchase from?
You can email support@magicdownloads.net for assistance.
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
I had the same problem with IE. I tried Google Chrome and it worked fine.

Phil
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Sorry, I have tried that many times to no avail! Just to make it clear, I have no problem with you Acar or Penguin as I seldom have any kind of issue with your lectures. I am not always that pleased with the lecturer themself, but I never have a problem with the your side of of them.

Thanks,

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
The lecture was a complete success! I saw no technical difficulties from our perspective here at MJM. Michael Ammar was very entertaining, and Joshua Jay did a great job moderating the lecture. As a dealer, I made sure I was online for any customer who needed help (because frankly, I always prepare for the worst and anticipate lots to go wrong)......but things went very smoothly, which was a load off my shoulders. That's mainly a testament to Murphy's for putting on a smooth running event!

I can't wait to be a part of the Daniel Garcia event next month.

If anyone didn't have a chance to see the lecture, remember that it still can be watched for only a $1.00 (although give us a little time to have it uploaded to the server......the lecture was over two hours long so it probably won't be online until tomorrow or Friday). Once it's online, it will be accessible through your Download Library.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
I saw this on Penguin Magic, It said pre order. I purchased, but it was almost complete. I only saw the last half hour. Will this be uploaded so that I can download and watch the whole tutorial. Living in Australia, I don't know the time difference and got caught out.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
I watched it on Penguin without any problems except a few very occasional lags. I enjoyed it a lot. I liked the conversational format, which I think worked well.

And yes, phillipsart, I believe the lecture will be available to download within a couple of days.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3751 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thought the lecture was decent. Love Michael and it was nice to hear him field questions. In terms of material, it was all pretty standard Ammar stuff.
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
I watched this at MJM Magic, and I had no problems whatsoever. I was expecting at least a little lag or perhaps some sound issues (because of so many people watching the same event simultaneously), but it was smooth and lag-free. Couldn't have gone better.

I imagine that if anyone had issues, it would boil down to individual broadband connections, and not a problem with the respective dealers or with the event itself.

Hopefully this will be online again soon to re-watch. Michael shared a lot of valuable insight in this lecture.
- EddieM
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5379 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Sounds like the "password request" issue was a common one. I purchased through Vanishing Inc. After the initial logon issue I sent a message and received an immediate response (just what I would have expected from Andi & Josh). I then logged in without issue, and enjoyed a perfect streaming experience.

Overall, I enjoyed the lecture. Michael was as engaging as ever, and Josh was a terrific host. Murphy's still needs to hammer out a few issues and establish a consistent, marketable format (just as Penguin has successfully done), but it would be presumptuous to judge them based on the first (practically free) lecture. I only hope that the on-line lectures don't diminish the enthusiasm for live lecture tours. I would hate to see this go the way of the brick and mortar marketplace. Live magic is still, and always will be, my preference.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AT THE TABLE: LIVE Michael Ammar just $1 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL