The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What kind of music do you like? And What Bands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
magicjosh2
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester. UK.
134 Posts

Profile of magicjosh2
Anything from the 60's, 70's 80's, plus some good old Northern Soul. Not really keen on today's music scene.

I can also enjoy listening to the likes of Frank Sinatra, Matt Munro, Dean Martin, etc.
Best Wishes,
Mark
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Jamie Cullum has got a lot of talent, he has a good voice and he plays the piano brilliantly. How can he be pop on his new album? There is only one original song on it, the rest are covers. I am a fan of Frank Sinatra - who isn't? But he is no longer around so we need more Jamie Cullum's and Harry Conick Jrs to keep that kind of music alive.

I love Black Sabbath also but I have not heard much of Cream. I have heard one or two of their tunes. My dad loves them. Can you suggest some songs of theirs?

Regards,

Luke Smile
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
Cream are simply awesome. The lead guitarist and second vocalist was Eric Clapton (you MUST have heard of him!). The main writer and lead singer/bassist was Jack Bruce. The drummer was Ginger Baker.

There is a very famous clip from British Television from 1969. Jimmy Hendrix was playing 'Hey Joe', after the first chorus he stopped and said 'We're gonna dedicate a song to the Cream' because earlier that day Cream had announced they would be splitting up. Hendrix then played a song that was written by Cream.

Now, you know a band is good when Jimmy Hendrix cited them as one of his influences. I know for sure Hendrix covered one Cream song 'Sunshine of your Love' which is also my favourite song. My favourite Cream album is 'Disraeli Gears' which was recorded in New York in 1967. The best tracks on the album are Sunshine of Your Love, Strange Brew and Swlabr.

Another band that played good old early metal/hard rock was The Troggs (who wrote Wild Thing, also covered by Hendrix) and then slightly later good old Black Sabbath, Deep Purple etc/...
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
My favorites are. the Moody Blues, Beatles, Phil Collins, Huey Lewis And The News, Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Tool
Rage Against the Machine
System of a Down
White Stripes
Loudermilk
Phantom Planet
Dead Kennedys
Misfits
Screeching Weasel
Black Flag
Los Straightjackets
Dick Dale
Brian Setzer
SRV
Hendrix
Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Slayer
Chevelle
Tom Waits
Dead 50's
Coldplay
Phantomas
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Man, this list could go on forever!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Ooo! So much good music! I like pretty much all styles but I shudder at rap and techno.

Let's see...

The Beatles (it really doesn't get much better than them!)
Paul McCartney
Weird Al Yankovic (!)
DEVO
Squeeze (They deserve more fame)
Blue Man Group

Christian Bands:
Apologetix
Lost and Found
Switchfoot

All kinds of Jazz!
-Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
-Glenn Miller
-Brian Setzer
-Count Basie
-Alien Fashion Show

I LOVE Mannheim Steamroller (If you haven't heard these guys yet, I strongly advise that you do. A very unique style of instrumental music.)

There's so much more I could list but I can't think of 'em all! Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
From Bach to Bowie, from The Beatles to Neil Young and from Miles Davis to The Pet Shop Boys... let's just say I like music. I prefer Beethovan to Mozart, and live recordings to studio work. Go figure Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
A C Spectre
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
75 Posts

Profile of A C Spectre
I can and do listen to anything but rap. I am a very moody person when it comes to music. Meaning that my musical tastes change with my mood. I'll be on a classic rock kick for a few weeks and then all of the sudden find myself listening to Big Band music or classical for awhile.

If you were to pin me down and make me name a favorite band or musician I would have to say Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits. I just really dig anything he has done especially his body of work with Dire Straits. My wife and I had "Romeo and Juliet" as our wedding song.

A C Spectre

Smile
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
I like everything listed in this thread so far.

Hey, Firedice27, I'm especially nostalgic for Black Flag because I once hit Henry Rollins with a beer bottle while he was performing in Austin. That was 20 years ago; those were the days.

And yes, Andini, while Squeeze did become quite popular, you're right. They didn't get the recognition they deserved.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
I like a lot of different stuff, but the ones that've really caught my attention over the years (for better or worse) .. .

Ritchie Valens
Garth Brooks
Marilyn Manson
Nine Inch Nails
Third Eye Blind
Billy Joel
WEIRD AL!
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Lately I've been listening to the Velvet Underground, Supergrass, Spoon, Aimee Mann, Wilco, Jeff Buckley, and a lot of jazz.

I've always listened to The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Smiths, Pink Floyd, R.E.M., Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, and Cat Stevens, among others.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Very eclectic:

The Ventures
Blondie
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Diana Ross & the Supremes
Neil Diamond
Cat Stevens
Midnight Syndicate
Movie Soundtracks
Bach
Wagner
Mozart
Beethoven
Rossini
Mendelsohn
Celtic Music
Renaissance Music
Bill White (royalty-free music for magicians)

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Moonlit Knight
View Profile
Regular user
U.S.
113 Posts

Profile of Moonlit Knight
I’m open to a lot of music. Listed below are just a few of my favorites, in no particular order. It depends on my mood, but I’ll reach for one of these artists and bands first....

Genesis (the Gabriel years), Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass, Frupp, Dead Can Dance, Nat "King" Cole, Siouxise & the Banshees, The Temptations, Toya Wilcox, Tom Lehrer, DEVO, Hawkwind, Bjork, King Crimson, The Ramones, Johnny Mathis, Talking Heads, E.L.P., Bingo, Yes, Beacon St. Union, Donovan, Jane's Addiction, Sandy Denny, Bauhaus, Stan Gets, Frupp, Spike Jones, Nick Drake, Bjork and Joy Division. But, alas, the list could go on.
"Join the dance... Follow on! With a twist of the world we go."
- Genesis "Dancing With The Moonlit Knight"
Steven Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Wrexham, North Wales.
191 Posts

Profile of Steven Evans
I pley in a band so music is a massive part of my life, my favourite bands are:

Kiss
Ac/dc
Aerosmith
Black Sabbath
Whitesnake
Alice Cooper
The Darkness
Bon Jovi
Thin Lizzy
and numerous others.
'The impossible I do immediately;
Miracles take a little longer'
-David Berglas.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Good (old) Fun topic.

Pink Floyd
Judas Priest
Rob Halford
Megadeth
King Diamond
Mercyful Fate
Kreator
Bathory
Immortal
Opeth
Emperor
In Flames
Dark Tranquillity
Amon Amarth
Soilwork
Dead Can Dance
Lisa Gerrard
Radiohead
Iron Maiden
PainmuseuM
The Cult
Burzum
Arch Enemy
Iced Earth
Blind Guardian
Depeche Mode
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
The Classics (especially Baroque), Ragtime, Big Band, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Bond, certain operatic pieces, and other random things...like some good tango music pieces, french accordion pieces, choral works (like the Neighbor's Chorus by Offenbach)...there are probably other little things that I've missed, like Alegria from the Cirque du Soleil but you get the idea. LOL
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
A wide variety. A few of my top picks: Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Dean Martin, John Denver, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Dwight Yoakam, Kelly Clarkson, Lisa Marie Presley, Jewel, James Blunt, Blue Rodeo. The Beatles are cool, too.
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I like Rock, Punk, Country, Metal, Hip Hop almost everything....My favorite band is Greenday...Been my favorite band for years. Have all of their cds except the bootlegs.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
We already did this, use the search function, do a search!!!
This has been covered!

;-p
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Janis Joplin
Grateful Dead
New Riders of the Purple Sage
Traffic
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Meat Loaf
Billy Joel

Late at night it's Jazz where I can close my eyes and drift away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What kind of music do you like? And What Bands? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL