The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Where's Tom by Harry Anderson (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davidj40
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of davidj40
Does anyone know where this item might be purchased? I have looked a number of places and have not been able to locate one. Thanks.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
These are mostly sold by Meir Yedid at his site: http://www.mymagic.com/anderson.htm

Says sold out but he usually seems to get more in stock from Harry eventually.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Harry Anderson lectured for Penguin Magic over a year ago. It is still available as a download. In the lecture Harry gives his e mail which you can send a request a list for the items he has for sale or anyother questions.
Magic of Randy
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Magic of Randy
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 14:35, davidj40 wrote:
Does anyone know where this item might be purchased? I have looked a number of places and have not been able to locate one. Thanks.

You can get it from Harry[ harrythehat@mac.com
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Some_Magical_Idiot
Sad to say I assume there will be no more of these made. Anyone know where I can get the pattern? Thank you
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Maybe someone can keep us posted if a source appears. Thank you.
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The Wizards' Journal #25 - "Missing Card Puzzle" has, as a bonus, plans and pattern for making "Where's George?", which is "Where's Tom?" only with one dollar bills instead of two dollar bills. "Missing Piece" puzzles have a long history that predate's Harry Anderson's version. I hope that helps. https://www.magicnook.com/WizJ25/wizj25-......zzle.htm
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Thank you, I have downloaded it. Great offerings on your site!
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
It's an oldie but goodie.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Does anyone know where this, or a template for this can be found? I tried the magic nook to get the "Where's George" version but they didn't believe I am an actual magician and I failed the verification test. I got the Harry Anderson Penguin Live video, and he demonstrated and explains it here, but he just flashes the bill and doesn't really explain how to actually make it other than to say he fiddled with the square version from the Martin Gardner book in photoshop. I am aware of Business Card Paradox with the large card, but that doesn't really translate the same to a bill.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Yes, the Magic Nook seems to be just an unfortunate joke.
I have decided that they are not magicians, and I will not allow them to sell me their stuff.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
The Magic Nook doesn't have much that is unique or can't be found elsewhere; it was just a convenient place to get ideas for DIY projects or learn about long-forgotten routines that Jim and Spellbinder had curated. Both Jim and Spellbinder have strong opinions, but the Magic Nook's mission has always seemed to be to help other magicians. Unfortunately, due to covid the Magic Nook appears to have fallen into the hands of Yusif Tremil, who doesn't seem to fully understand the ideals and principles of Spellbinder or Jim Gerrish, and is instead attempting to impose his own paranoid vision.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Curious if anyone found a book or any other source that explains the construction?
Tweed
View Profile
New user
Knoxville, Tn
8 Posts

Profile of Tweed
I tried to order this from the Magic Nook last week. Two days later they returned my payment with no explanation
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Your payment was returned because you were arbitrarily determined NOT to be a magician by the paranoid lunatic running the joint now.
NO MAGIC FOR YOU!
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
In the absence of a supplier, a few years ago I created this template for "Where's George" (or "Where's Tom") - it took ages! Feel free to download it and try it out. If you like it you can PayPal me a contribution if you wish, details on the pdf.

You will need a couple of dollar bills, a printer, glue, scissors (or a craft knife).

Good luck!
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
Not sure why the file isn't attached to my post above.... try again!
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
My template exceeds the maximum file size that the Café allows.... if you PM me your email address I'll send you a copy. (Although I only check in here from time to time so don't hold your breath!)

Alternatively try this link... don't know whether it will work though!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wKlVwG_......=sharing
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Where's Tom by Harry Anderson (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL