The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill in lemon question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Torquay22
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Torquay22
I thought. Should move this to this forum
With bill in lemon would you say it is stronger to produce the lemon like bill malone's routine or have it examined and handled by the spectator like doc eason's or carl cloutier's.Also on that point is a bill in lemon as strong when it is separated from the bill switch/vanish etc by another trick such as in inception I know the advantage of this is there is no heat on the load but is it as strong
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
I don't do the bill in lemon, but I do have a layman friend that once described what he thought "was an amazing trick". He had seen Sigfried and Roy perform it. (Yes, the bill in lemon)

The thing that he kept going back to was "but we all looked at the lemon....it was just a lemon". So, the examination CAN be strong.

Now, this is a trick he'd seen 30 years ago. That is darn strong.

I suspect the strength of the presentation comes from the performer, and not the method. Malone OBVIOUSLY gets great responses with his method....S&R OBVIOUSLY got great responses with theirs.

It's up to you to pick a method and make it strong.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As far as the delay or "Cliff Hanger" type of routine where the climax is put off, I do not believe that is the best way to present a trick. A trick should have a beginning, a middle and an end. The choice is yours, but the tricks in between have to be very strong to hold the audience to wonder about the where the bill will end up. Usually this is presented in a joking manner where the person who lend the money is anxious to get his money back.

The best way for you to decide what is best for you, is to actually review a number of routines, then try them out. Whichever, fits your style will determine your the routine for you.

My policy if that is what you want to call it, is to learn and practice a complete trick and present it as described, then note the results. Learn several different methods and find the best one you can do that works for you.
MagicalAlex
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MagicalAlex
Bill Malone does it great however, you can always have another lemon on you. This way you can always hand out the real lemon have them sit down with it and tell them "your bill was a lemon" (pun inteded) You can then go into your next effect and at the end have the man throw you the lemon and do the switch for the loaded one.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Torquary11, as you can see from the above comments, a lot of how this and other tricks, a lot depends on your method to accomplish a trick depends on the method of choice. The late great Billy McComb has the spectator chose a lemon from a basket of 3 lemons.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill in lemon question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL