The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Max Krause has showed me "The One" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The fact that the deck can be used for your more traditional effects = great for pocket space while strolling.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
He just showed me as well. Wonderful ! Thank you Max !
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Max just showed me "The One". Superb. Clean. Fooled the crap out of me.

Simple straightforward plot. Not a false move in it.

And has been pointed out, you can immediately do any other card routines you fancy. There is just no downside here. Looks like that will be my first buy for 2014.

Thanks, Max!

D
judgehiker
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of judgehiker
I skyped with Max this evening. He showed me The ONE. If you are reading this thread and have not seen it yet, give Max a call and he will show it to you. You will also have the pleasure of meeting Max and sharing your thoughts about this effect with him. If you like effects which are simple to do, and which can be done with an ordinary deck, with only the slightest modification,but which has immediate and surprising impact, you will want to see this. It is truly an invitation to have a private session,without cost or obligation,with a well-known and respected creator of innovative magic that is not difficult to perform.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Well I have just seen this on Skype and I'm completely fooled. Drop Max a line and he'll show it to you, and fool you too! It was a pleasure to meet him over Skype, and I'll definitely be getting this when he releases it in early Feb. $40 shipped to the UK preorders only, Max tells me.

(Also - what a great marketing method! Other creators take note: this is the way to do it!)
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
So I got a chance to Skype Max tonight to see "The One". This is really great! It's simple and direct and very strong. Like invisible deck strong. I love effects like this. And kudos to Max for stepping up and taking the time to Skype and show a raw performance of the effect. How many creators do that?? Not many. Max stands behind his products, and delivers. No fluff, no bs.

And if you are ever in his town, you MUST stop in and check out his shop. He has some really great things going on in there. I'm looking forward to visiting myself.

Thanks Max. My order is on it's way!
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Yes get Max to show you. It's a lovely idea. To point. No procedure. Well done Max!
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
spetz
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of spetz
Superclean and Max also provided some very useful tips on Cardstats
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Max showed me this the other night. It is very clean. I immediately asked him about another effect and his reasoning was well thought out. First the other effect you could not use after the effect. Second the handling could be cleaner. Overall a good effect and one that will GTM. GTM = Get The Money. I like the he combined a reasonably simple handling with a gaff to create a strong effect.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Yep, great simple method leading to a great effect. The real bonus here is that you can go straight into an ungimmicked card trick with the same deck. And how many magicians would demo for you over skype? I'm told that If you pay him $10 he'll take off his shirt and pull on his pierced nipples for you. That's just the kind of guy he is.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2014-01-22 00:11, Platt wrote:
Yep, great simple method leading to a great effect. The real bonus here is that you can go straight into an ungimmicked card trick with the same deck. And how many magicians would demo for you over skype? I'm told that If you pay him $10 he'll take off his shirt and pull on his pierced nipples for you. That's just the kind of guy he is.

When did he get them pierced?

I mean Max discussed this at a SAM meeting at Cocoa's a few years ago over pie - but I thought he was just kidding.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
The ONE is definitley a worker, I can't believe how simple yet diobaolical this one is. And no he didn't take off his shirt, if he pulled on his pierced nipples he didn't it under misdirection.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I also caught up with Max over Skype where he showed me " The One"but I declined when he offered to show me "The other one"
As always Max has come up with something magical that just appears to happen without any moves,
Definatly on my list.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Max is now selling The One! You can get it as a DVD with a pre-made deck, or as a download where you can prepare your own deck. I think it's great that he's offering the instant version for those who don't want to have to wait for the mail to arrive!

The video is not the highest production quality in the universe, but is more than clear enough in terms of audio and video to learn everything you need. Max teaches the method, plus several routines/presentations that all use the same core principle. There's definitely plenty here to get your juices flowing.

The basic routine is one of the most direct, fair, and clean ideas out there. A spectator freely names ANY card in the deck, and it's shown to be the only red-backed card in a blue deck. Super easy to do, no forcing, a different card every time. The same principle can be used for a number of effects, including a variation of Red Hot Mama, among others.

The deck is prepared, but can be used as an ordinary deck. This is a huge bonus, as it's not a one-trick-wonder.

For those who get the downloadable version, Max covers how to prepare the deck yourself. It's a relatively quick and easy process. There is something you'll need to buy in order to do the prep, but many magicians own it already. Cost is under $10 though.

I'd highly encourage anyone to connect with Max on Skype for a demo. This is a powerful effect with very little work involved. You can make it as simple or complex as you like, depending on your personality and character.

I know I'll be taking this one for a spin and can't wait to see the reactions!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Kevin, where can I order this as a download? Thanks
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Nevermind, got it.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Is there a link to order this?
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 20:08, magico wrote:
Is there a link to order this?

I too would like to know this...
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
You can find it here: http://maxsmagicshop.com/products-page/i......c-decks/

Choose from the drop-down menu on the right.
Kevin Reylek
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 20:31, Mercury52 wrote:
You can find it here: http://maxsmagicshop.com/products-page/i......c-decks/

Choose from the drop-down menu on the right.

Perfect, thanks !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Max Krause has showed me "The One" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL