The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New from Alakazam (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
There is a version on the DVD that leaves you clean at the end.

As for 3 card monte in London. I will have to go and watch some real grifters at work. That said, I will stick to my guns. I doubt they get a huge audience and I suspect even then it's mainly tourists to the capital.

Best Regards

Peter
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
How he was holding the cards is different from the norm, but honestly, that was the last thing that would be on my mind as to performing it. Personally, I can't imagine folks being suspicious just because the cards are oriented differently.

YMMV.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Mr. Nardi, I apologize for the tone of my last post. In retrospect it seems needlessly aggressive.

Fact is, I'm a big fan of Alakazam and own several of your products(currently saving my pennies to buy the new version of your Extractor gimmick!).

I just prefer the stripped down style trailers you've done in the past (the Grail comes to mind). You are an excellent performer, and in the end, a good old-fashioned minimally edited demo is what usually piques my interest.

Good luck with this- I hope it does well for you!
David Cheetham
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of David Cheetham
I've lived in London most of my life, and have never, ever, bloody ever seen any Monte routine done by anyone.

Ever.

Covent Garden? Piccadilly? Leicester Square? Really?

Christ.

I do remember Paul Gordon releasing a Monte effect referring to Piccadilly. Not bad, as it goes. Just not based in reality.

I'm amazed that Nardi is being given the hot coals over this; he releases decent stuff, and he is honest. Bloody hell.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
When will this be available in the USA
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
David,
Thank you. I have so many, not good, but great products from Peter. Many of them are some of my very favorite effects. Amongst thousands of effects, several of his items are in my top 20 and one in particular is in my top 3.
KJ
David Cheetham
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of David Cheetham
He does great stuff, and he runs his company very well. If they say they'll deliver, they bloody well deliver.
smarke
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of smarke
Peter,
Just watched a programme on Channel4 called Secrets of Pickpockets, Shoplifters, Scammers, and it deals with the problems Mark_Chandaue mentions.

Barry
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
It appears they play with discs in London.

Westminster Bridge;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Y2Ybi_iNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vlx6tT0zII

Here's a better view of disc monte but it is in Romanian I believe;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAkiiAH8Dos

Who shall be the first to release a disc monte effect?
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
When I used to visit New York City back in the 80's you would see the 3 card monte performed on the street corners. These guys were good too.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
There are a few versions of the Disc Monte already on the Market. My good friend Leo Smetsers has a great routine using them.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
I have always had a good experience with tricks from Alakazam and Peter. Thanks for putting out a nice product. Some of my favs have been Directors Cut and VDECK.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Thanks for the kind words guys. We always do our best to bring out the finest products possible. I understand not all our releases will appeal to everyone but at least you will know you're getting a top notch product, that does exactly what is says on the tin.

I don't cut corners (unless it's for a trick that requires a corner short)

Peter
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I don't cut corners (unless it's for a trick that requires a corner short)

Peter

Like it Peter,lol,you have PM,all the best. Shane
Magic_Ben
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Magic_Ben
I bought this from Kaymar, years and years ago.
It really is a neat little trick. I'll definitely be purchasing this latest release
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 21:59, David Cheetham wrote:
I've lived in London most of my life, and have never, ever, bloody ever seen any Monte routine done by anyone.

Ever.

Covent Garden? Piccadilly? Leicester Square? Really?

Christ.

I do remember Paul Gordon releasing a Monte effect referring to Piccadilly. Not bad, as it goes. Just not based in reality.

I'm amazed that Nardi is being given the hot coals over this; he releases decent stuff, and he is honest. Bloody hell.

just because you've not seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen...i've spent most of my life so far in london, seen it quite often, from cds, discs, cards, even the shell game... I wasn't dragging anyone over hot coals, or even cold coals, in fact I've never seen any coal in all me life so I haven't guvnor! so it must not exist eh!

I said it looked great, very visual..just happened to mention the orientation...i don't really see that upsetting anyone...
I've asked to be banned
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Iain,

I'm not upset at all, there's no issue here.

The point I was trying to make is that spectators don't have the knowledge we do with regards to the Monte effect. If a spec ever questioned me I'd just say this is the traditional way it was performed. But I honestly doubt, unless they were a magician, that wouldn't happen.

Sincerely

Peter
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
I've had this for 10-12 years. Great little trick. Really clever - as with all Rob Bromley gimmicks.
Will be purchasing this new version as mine is now very grubby after performing on too many bar tables!
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Got this about 7 or 8 years ago from Wayne Dobson at the Blackpool convention.

I knew how it worked as soon as I saw it, but liked the simplicity, the fact that it didn't drag on forever and the visual nature of the gimmick.

What Peter has added to it is a DVD with multiple routines, which to be honest was needed. When I bought it I can't even remember if you got a page of instructions. All I did was do it and make the Monte card appear either in my pocket, in the card box or on someones seat.
Nice, easy visual routine which CAN BE WORKED WITH ATENSION TO GETTING THE GIMMICK OUT OF PLAY.

To be honest though this aint a problem if you have been doing magic a litle while as all attension will be on the card s "apparent " new location.
Nice release from Peter & the ALAKAZAM team.

Mike Donoghue
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I will be getting this as well. I love different ways of doing the Monte effect.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New from Alakazam (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL