The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hot enough for you? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
A balmy 5C (41F) here in Calgary today. Guess I have it pretty good, compared to many in Argentina and Australia ...

Worst heatwave in the region since recor......rgentina

'Highly significant' heatwave smashes Australian records
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
2014 must be the hotest year on record.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
"Australia smashed its previous annual heat record in 2013, with a summer heatwave and spring hot spell among the outstanding periods of unusual warmth. The Bureau of Meteorology on Friday confirmed that last year was the hottest nationwide in more than a century of standardised records"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/climat......8ek.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Smile
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
2014 must be the hotest year on record.

I wonder what odds the bookies are offering against it?

:gossip:
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
-47 here the last two days.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 20:06, magicfish wrote:

-47 here the last two days.

Degrees F or C? (Though they are close to one another in that range, anyway.)

Where is here?

And is that actual temperature, or is that wind chill adjusted?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
That is celcius and it includes the windchill.
And 'here' is just south of Fort Mcmurray, Alberta. Wood Buffalo. Cheecham Hills.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Is this one of the cases where weather is climate? I can never keep up.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Day = Day and Night = Hot and Cold

The Year = Summer and Winter = Hot and Cold

The Great Year = Warming age and Ice age = Hot and Cold

You = Life and Death = Hot and Cold

As above so below

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/430810......m-trees/

Record heat in Australia as mercury nears 50 C, bats dropping from trees

CANBERRA, Australia Bats are dropping from trees, kangaroos are collapsing in the Outback and gardens are turning brown. While North America freezes under record polar temperatures, the southern hemisphere is experiencing the opposite extreme as heat records are being set in Australia after the hottest year ever. Weather forecasters in Australia said some parts of the sparsely populated Pilbara region along the rugged northwest coast were approaching 50 C (122 F) on Thursday.

[See link for cute picture of wee bats in blankets.]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Thought this was a thread about girls. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hot enough for you? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL