The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Mime forum » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Gents,
In the "Do You See What I See" forum, the description blurb of the forum references "pantomime", when what you really mean is "mime".
They are entirely different forms of entertainment.

Pantomine is the broad British comedy aimed equally at children and adults, usually debuted around Christmas time, and most often based on a child's fable like Puss'N'Boots, Aladdin, etc.
These are the classic, colorful, and noisy British shows featuring the "good" cast encouraging the children in the audience to "Boo" the villain, and with enough double-entendres to entertain the adults watching.

On the other hand, Mime is performance in which the performer remains silent, of which Marcel Marceau demonstrates the pinnacle of the genre.

Because Pantomime and Mime are two utterly different theatrical forms, the "Do You See What I See" forum description might prove less confusing (and simply correct) if the descriptive word was changed from the incorrect "Pantomime" to the proper denoting of the form, which is "Mime".
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5121 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Thanks for the suggestion however
Quote:
Because Pantomime and Mime are two utterly different theatrical forms, the "Do You See What I See" forum description might prove less confusing (and simply correct) if the descriptive word was changed from the incorrect "Pantomime" to the proper denoting of the form, which is "Mime".
it would seem that the only one confused is you. Reread the forum description which is a guideline for what is to be posted in that forum. It says discussions on the theatrical art of pantomime and general mime. Both subjects are covered.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Mime forum » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL