The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The Ghost Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
379 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
Is it good? Any idea for the mini size ring? Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What do you mean Mini Size? I was at Joe Porper's and he showed me his "Ghost Rings" made the same size as the Ninja Rings. Joe's set does not, however, have two permanently linked, but you can combine his Ghost with the Ninja set. Or call Joe and have him custom make you a pair linked.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
379 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
Can I have the Joe e-mail or web site? Smile

Becaue I know the joe set is 5", I really want is 4.5" same size is Ninja ring.
TonyLee
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of TonyLee
Any suggestions on starting routines for rings? Books, DVDs, Videos? I want to start to include rings in my repertoire...Thanks,
tonylee
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
A run down of recent videos/dvds that are popular are:
1. Ninja Rings with Shoot Ogawa (close up rings)
2. Chris Capeheart's 3 Ring Routine (available at Denny and Lees I think exclusively)
3. Celini presents Lord and Master of the Rings
4. Whit Hayden's Comedy 4 Ring routine (stand up).
That's all I know about. I personally use the ninja rings and I get a very good reaction with them especially when the spectator links the rings. I've heard WONDERFUL things about Whit Hayden's comedy 4 ring routine and he's a member here on the Café so you might want to try to contact him. I've also heard incredible things about Capeheart's DvD and he's a really nice guy, I haven't seen the routine myself though. I haven't heard anything about Celini's routine but I know he's been doing it FOREVER. Pete Biro or Whit Hayden would probably be able to give you the best advice on the rings you're looking for. Good luck!
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
Here's something else you may be interested in: Jay Sankey's 3 Ring Circus. It's linking key rings. Better suited for close up work than stage, but worth the money, I think.

It's a DVD that comes with the rings and covers Jay's routine, which is a short one. The DVD also includes eight other effects with cards and other things. As presented, the rings don't do everything the larger ones do, but you can easily modify the set to duplicate pretty much anything you can do with the larger ones.

And since the type of rings used come in various sizes, you could even make yourself a larger set if you so desired.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I think it is just http://www.joeporper.com

He doesn't answer, so use the phone number.

If not check google
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
379 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
Sorry is not works, can't opening
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Steve Pellegrino
Here is the address for Joe Porper's web site:

http://www.porper.com/
TonyLee
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of TonyLee
Twisted Ace....
Thanks for the reply!! I'm going to check them out.
Tony Lee
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Joe's website is not magic-related. You can go there to get contact info, but the site is devoted to his primary business--making incredible pool cues. He is one of the masters in this field.

So don't let it throw you. Drop Joe a line or email, he loves magic and magicians.
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
379 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
Thank again
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The Ghost Rings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.79 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL