The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Show us a trick - no props with you. (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
BradenCarlisle
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of BradenCarlisle
I always carry Free Will of Order in my wallet. Yes, it technically uses props, but they are not props so much as things I carry with me every day. A dollar bill, my car keys, and my phone. It's super simple and fun to do!
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
You could learn suggestion, but is pretty difficult, however if you dedicate the time to it, it will give you awesome results
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Other thing you could do is learn psychological card for##s
Silversleights04
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, Texas
140 Posts

Profile of Silversleights04
Obligatory Greg Wilson On the Spot plug! The man is a seemingly endless fountain of impromptu sleight of hand wisdom. If you want some anytime, anywhere sleight of mind, Marc Paul's ACTS of Mentalism lecture from Alakazam Academy has some true gems of impromptu mentalism, so worth it!

To me though, no "props" means nothing specifically "for magic." So no cards, sponges, packets, thumb-tips or other magic use items a magician would carry for the sole purpose of an effect. With that in mind, if you've learned enough (especially from the above mentioned videos) anything someone would typically carry in their pockets or purse becomes a prop. Wallets can contain so many possibilities for effects and wonders. It's good to learn a thing or two with watches. Keys have their own set of sleights. Pens and sharpies... those are the new magic wands, especially with sleeves. With a couple of business cards and a pen you should be able to bust out a more than decent mentalism act.

If you mean magic with no items whatsoever: I'll do a little faux finger-breaking, Proteus by Phedon Bilek, PK Touches, equivoque, and a bunch of other easy close-up mentalism bits.

Hope this helps!

Side note, if you managed to catch me without a coin, a pen, or a ring it's because you either waited outside the shower, found my dead body, or I'm in prison.
Magic sees Magic.
Together we make each other better.
Do something amazing today.
Wesley5n1p35
View Profile
New user
Illinois
44 Posts

Profile of Wesley5n1p35
I thought I posted on here but can’t find it...
I find any piece of paper and start tearing pieces of it and ball them up concealing 1. While talking ill go into a sponge ball routine that ends with them vanishing, then on the off beat I will load them on the spec and reveal sometime later. Always works. There literally paper everywhere!
Home of the first Resin 3d printed nail writer!
Free Shipping Worldwide
https://www.meticulousmagic.com/
thegreatscungilli
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of thegreatscungilli
Starcle uses a paper napkin, Cups and Balls with paper cups or coffee cups and rolled up currency, rolled up bread, napkins or cut up pieces of wine bottle cork and a table knife or spoon for a wand, Voodoo Burn, Salt shaker through the table, Magic Square, 5 Piggies using borrowed coins but I add a couple of sleights to make it a bit harder to figure out, mental-ism effects like When Planets Align, Pateo, etc. , a couple of paddle type effects using a borrowed pencil..
thegreatscungilli
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of thegreatscungilli
Another oldie but goodie you can do a coin fold using a small piece of paper or a piece you can tear to roughly the right size and a borrowed coin..if you can borrow a cigarette lighter you can burn the paper which adds a bit to the effect..this is an old trick but nowadays I find that not many people have seen it.

If you carry or can borrow a few coins there are a lot of impromptu coin routines in Bobo's book...
Russo
View Profile
Special user
767 Posts

Profile of Russo
Don't know if anyone mention (to lazy to surf all the forum ) the thumb off - don't just show it-do a story like "I was cutting carrots or"?? - also there is a way to fold your hands with a finger or 2 inside the clasp - counting the outside fingers there's only 8 or 9 , then there's where you count all your 10 fingers -then recount backward -but- you start with the number 9 (you just said 10),leaving an extra finger at the end of backward count, and there's the floating pencil or table knife, place a pencil on upturned palm of one hand - turn hand over and quickly hold the pencil with your other hands pointer finger and the rest of that hand grabs your wrist. Hope understand all ???? fun fun fun - Ralph (russo) Rousseau
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Show us a trick - no props with you. (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL