The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marcus Eddie Loaded (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
Show a box completely empty, then produce AN ENTIRE DECK OF CARDS. The easiest, most powerful method ever invented

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3949

Just picked this up and it's one of the best deck productions I have ever seen. Real simple to make and do. The price is real cheap too. This one is going to be the way I produce the deck when I perform the Invisible Deck trick.

Good One Eddie
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
How does this compare to Marcus' "Empty"?

Bosco
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Just got this in the cool box for like 6 bucks. jump on it guys. Great way to bring in cards or anything that fits into the box. I looked at the video but have not made the gimmick yet but looks easy to make. Maybe around 20 min if you are slow like me.
Gabe Asher
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Gabe Asher
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 14:05, Bosco J. wrote:
How does this compare to Marcus' "Empty"?

Bosco

You can see it works in a similar way. I like his thinking.

But I don't trust the angles on this. Looks like it's best straight on.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Gabe, you'd be surprised how angle-proof it is. It's light-years better than other similar deck productions.

It's actually hilariously angle-proof. Marcus shows how you'd have to be a very curious toddler to see anything, and even then, it's pretty hard to tell anything's wrong.
Gabe Asher
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Gabe Asher
My mistake. It looks to me like you need pretty big hands for good side cover and during the move you're likely to flash.

If no, then I must really have no idea what's going on here.

Any input on this from actual buyers?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 14:30, Acar wrote:
Gabe, you'd be surprised how angle-proof it is. It's light-years better than other similar deck productions.

It's actually hilariously angle-proof. Marcus shows how you'd have to be a very curious toddler to see anything, and even then, it's pretty hard to tell anything's wrong.

Just watched the download myself and have to agree with Acar. This is definitely a very nice deck production or anything other than cards that can fit in the box. For $5.95 today- I think it's a steal. Even for $10.00- great effect for the money. Construction of the box will be painless- looks very easy to do.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Gabe there are 2 buyers who have already posted about how great this is. I predict many will follow.
P3
practice practice perform.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
If you can't see it in the trailer, I don't think you're spectators will see it in performance - I can say it isn't 100% angle-proof, imo, but definitely close to it. I've played with Empty as well as a few other productions like this, and this is definitely the least angle-sensitive. I'm looking forward to putting one together and testing it out, but if you don't mind the mechanics of it you will definitely like it.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Looks great! I came up with a similar idea a few years ago but couldn't quite get it to work. Looks like Marcus has solved the issues I was having . We'll done!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Gabe Asher
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Gabe Asher
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 14:41, ted french wrote:
Gabe there are 2 buyers who have already posted about how great this is. I predict many will follow.

I was curious only about the angles. I like the trick. I just commented on the angles. I already have Empty and you need big hands, angles are not great.

You filmed this video Ted. How are the angles really? There seem to be varying opinions here and you would know better than anyone.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 15:59, Gabe Asher wrote:
Quote:

I was curious only about the angles. I like the trick. I just commented on the angles. I already have Empty and you need big hands, angles are not great.

You filmed this video Ted. How are the angles really? There seem to be varying opinions here and you would know better than anyone.

No. So far everyone has said that it is almost 100% angle-proof. No has said anything pertaining to NOT being very angle-proof. The angles are great on this. As a matter of fact for this type of effect- I have not seen any other effect out there that has better angles!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
The angles are perfect. This can be done with anybody all around you. Just not sitting on the floor and you standing over them.
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Great little prop, worth the price. The routine included is weak in my opinion. The spectators really don't seem to be impressed when the deck is produced but I feel its due to 52 on 1 card gag in the first part of the routine. This is one of those props you will need to customize to your own handling. Great thinking, love to hear our fellow Magi's ideas for this nice little prop.
Gabe Asher
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Gabe Asher
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 16:16, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 15:59, Gabe Asher wrote:
Quote:

No. So far everyone has said that it is almost 100% angle-proof. No has said anything pertaining to NOT being very angle-proof.

RNK

This is what confused me:

Quote:
On 2014-01-10 14:30, Acar wrote:

It's actually hilariously angle-proof.

Ok?

I just trust the words of buyers rather than the dealer and the buyers all seem to say it's NEARLY angle-proof. Not hilariously angle-proof. And I doubt that I'd be surprised how angle-proof it is, I can see how it works lol Smile

Thank you very much for your feedback. This looks like a nice effect but I'm just window shopping. These $5 downloads add up fast!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
So could this be used in conjunction with Industrial
Revelation in showing empty box while holding steel block?
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Gabe: sorry you're right that was confusing. I just meant it's angle-proof and Marcus explains it in a hilarious way.

Brent: actually, yes you could produce the IR block.
Gabe Asher
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Gabe Asher
Quote:
On 2014-01-10 20:16, MagicBrent wrote:
So could this be used in conjunction with Industrial
Revelation in showing empty box while holding steel block?

That makes me think about a trick Steve Duscheck sold years ago where an empty card case could fill up again with whatever you wanted. You could put anything in the load chamber. Rope, sponge balls, etc. It was a nice transition out of a card routine into something else.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Already have "Empty". Is it improved upon that much? I find empty to be quite solid already.
judgehiker
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of judgehiker
I am thinking this might work will with EnvyLope. Produce a deck from an empty box. Ask for a card to be selected, signed, and returned to the deck. Then make the deck disappear ect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marcus Eddie Loaded (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL