We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Bizarre Peter Eggink Paul Harris Presents (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Spot on KJ
I have that as well
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi All

We want to honor everyone who worked so hard to make Peter's wonderful idea a reality!

Master magical engineer Uday Jagugar contributed some beautiful design touches
to the gimmick to make it more user friendly.

AJ (who works at Udays) worked very closely with Peter for months to develop the concept of the gimmick.

Titanas went above and beyond the
call of duty in shooting the dvd and artfully editing the demo.

The incredible bonus vanishes created by Glenn Morphew and Jeremiah Zuo greatly added to the value of the package.

I know that Paul and Bro don't want to be mentioned here, but they both put a huge amount of effort to make sure that every detail of Pocket Bizarre was as perfect as possible. If you haven't been through the process…it's hard to imagine the time and creativity and expert help it takes to perfect something like this!

A big thank you to everyone working with PHP who helped bring Peter's dream to life! (Please let me know if there's anyone we left out!)

Joy to all

Janet Harris

PHP Astonishment Goddess
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2467 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Anybody got it yet?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4953 Posts

Profile of RNK
Someone did as I saw it up for sale here????
Misophoniac
View Profile
New user
Building a fence & still not done after
98 Posts

Profile of Misophoniac
Quote:
Easy Organic Activation.

Is this a euphemism for clenching the buttocks? But seriously, this looks pretty fantastic.
EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 12:31, MR Effecto wrote:
Anybody got it yet?

I got mine today and I LOVE it. It came pretty quick from MJM Magic, and I opened it as soon as it arrived. My first reaction when I opened the DVD Case was, "Huh? How is this going to work?" But as soon as you watch the DVD, it all becomes clear.

The gimmick is well made, and it only took me about 5 minutes to initially set it up. Once you set it up, you're good to go. From that point forward, it's just a matter of putting it inside of your pocket.

The DVD is well produced, and Peter is an excellent teacher.

Reset is instant and as other's have mentioned on this thread, there's all kinds of handlings you could do with this thing (produce your business card, money, or even tailor it to work with a suit jacket pocket).

MJM still has them in stock and they shipped mine the same day. I really recommend this one for any card worker out there. It's always nice to see a new effect which doesn't rely strictly on a gaffed deck to pull off the magic. Any deck can be used with Pocket Bizarre.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-17943.html
- EddieM
Fligmupple
View Profile
New user
This account will expire in
82 Posts

Profile of Fligmupple
Hello. I would just like to confirm the following before ordering:

Can you get a card signed, and then at some point secretly load it into the gimmick... and then after, show your pocket empty...and then after, make it appear "organically"... and then turn around and have the spectator take the card out of your pocket?

I assume you can from the posts in this thread, but I just want to confirm.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2014-01-17 02:35, Fligmupple wrote:
Hello. I would just like to confirm the following before ordering:

Can you get a card signed, and then at some point secretly load it into the gimmick... and then after, show your pocket empty...and then after, make it appear "organically"... and then turn around and have the spectator take the card out of your pocket?

I assume you can from the posts in this thread, but I just want to confirm.

You can indeed get a signed card into the gimmick.

During the routine you turn around and show nothing sticking out of your pocket, you turn back to face them and when you turn around the second time the signed card it sticking out of the pocket as shown and it can be face out or back out towards the spectator and they can remove it.

The reactions to this are fantastic the disbelief that the pocket was empty and then all of sudden the card is there is great, most people I've done this for mention the hands being out front all the time after you showed the pocket empty they can't believe it!
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I received this yesterday from Saturn Magic (super fast as usual!) and I like it - in fact I like it quite a lot! Peter has created another gem here and I think that most people will be very pleased with this. It's obviously this has taken a lot of work to put together and the DVD as usual with PHP is excellent and everything is extremely clear.

That said, I won't be using commercially during gigs. Not that I don't want to, but it won't work (for me) in that environment. During gigs I always wear a suit, which means my jacket covers my back pocket from view. I could lift up my jacket to show the pocket empty, then again to show the card sticking out, but it isn't very elegant. Also, most suit trousers have much deeper pockets than jeans do and many have a button too, which can prevent the card from sticking out.

Another issue that hasn't been touched on in this thread is you need two pockets for this - admittedly you could still use the additional pocket for other things, but not as easily if the pocket was empty. If you're a casual performer neither of these things will matter at all, but they do matter if you intended to use this at gigs.

I'm not unhappy with my purchase as I'll certainly use this in casual situations. I am, however, disappointed that I can't use this at gigs as it's a really great effect and I'm sure will get strong reactions.

Iain.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Hi Iain

Thanks I'm glad you like it.

Please check out the bonus page as I cover the button question and deeper pockets in trousers and other things.

I also go into a top pocket version for a jacket.

The password is the part number on your invoice.

Thanks Mark
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1498 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Got mine today and you need to make sure you measure correctly otherwise you will use up the piece going from the candy to the holder. Unfortunately I measured incorrectly 2 times and I am going to have to go to Walmart and find some more of that particular piece in the fishing department. Peter makes setting it up look easy but I am having a hard time measuring everything correctly. Maybe if I was slim and trim it would work better.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
241 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
I have not contributed anything much in this trick.
I got the credit more than I deserve.
Thanks to my fan who felt that I am under credited. And special thanks to Paul Harries for giving me the credit.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2014-01-17 20:10, magicbyswh wrote:
Got mine today and you need to make sure you measure correctly otherwise you will use up the piece going from the candy to the holder. Unfortunately I measured incorrectly 2 times and I am going to have to go to Walmart and find some more of that particular piece in the fishing department. Peter makes setting it up look easy but I am having a hard time measuring everything correctly. Maybe if I was slim and trim it would work better.

Hi

I've sent a PM to help you with this, the solution is very simple.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4289 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm really digging mine, I am with Ian Moran, won't use this at gigs. Casually I'll use this Smile I knew that going into it though.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1498 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Mark at Saturn magic has been very helpful and does a great job with reviews and tips. IF you have not seen his review check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/reviews.html
If you live in the UK you all are lucky to have a shop with great service and one that is very helpful.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
I got this the other day but have been really busy & just watched this, I haven't had a chance to set up but, I love how Peter thinks.

So darn clever Smile

Well shot DVD , great gimmick, you can see a lot of work & effort has gone into this.

Really looking forward to performing this Smile

I have an idea for performing this at paid gigs still using the back pocket while wearing a jacket, let's see how I get on when I get chance.

Great Release Peter.

Best Wishes

Mark
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
428 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Just received my copy today.

I was pleasantly surprised about the content of the package. I never would've made the connection between the effect and actual gimmicks received. After watching the DVD of course everything fell into place.

Titanus really has outdone himself. The DVD is beautifully shot and produced. Peter does a wonderful job on the teaching and he makes the tutorials very pleasant to watch. He goes through every single detail with lots of presentational hook ups, routines and tips.

The actual workings of the gimmick is VERY clever. I thought about many different solutions when watching the trailer but never saw this one coming! Beautiful and very well thought out. All handlings are motivated and natural.

Most of the times I perform in a jacket as well but I would just remove my jacket to show them nothing is hidden inside my sleeves and don't have access to my side pockets this way to do something sneaky. No biggy at all for me here plus it creates a kind of special moment.

The only negative thing is that one needs to practice to get that rub a dub vanish down so smoothly as Peter performs it on the DVD Smile

Another fantastic product and highly recommended!

M P
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2404 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
The Paul Harris vanish taught is very easy for a start.

You are right that Peter does teach the vanishes very well and with a little practice I think most can get them down.

I found that by videoing myself the vanishes looked good but when you do it in practice looking at it does not feel right because you know what you are doing.

Try videoing it you will surprise yourself how good it looks quite quickly.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4753 Posts

Profile of videoman
I realize that this is personal preference and you need to do what you are most comfortable with, but having said that I believe too much of an issue is being made about the inappropriateness of raising the back of your coat for a brief moment. Even in a suit I do not feel this is a major fashion faux pas and you are simply calling attention briefly to your back pocket. I don't own the trick but I would think you would only need to raise one side slightly for an instant. I don't see what the big deal is.
But maybe that's just me.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I love the look of this! Here's my idea:

Give the spectators a small stack of four or five bills. Have them hold the bills tightly between their hands, and explain how you can "pickpocket" one of the bills. Show your back pocket empty, and with your hands clearly empty and visible the whole time, turn back around to reveal a bill. They open their hands and now have one less bill.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Bizarre Peter Eggink Paul Harris Presents (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL